Welcome, Guest

Latest 20 Shouts

Current Weather

SIX Stock

Author Topic: Need help planning trip for the summer.  (Read 9648 times)

Offline Nitro1118

• Sky Ride
Need help planning trip for the summer.
« Reply #25 on: February 13, 2006, 01:44:45 PM »
Well, they are only going to MK, so I am not sure if they would benefit from getting AP's. I mean they could get nice discounts from a place like AAA for MK on this trip, and then the next trip they could stay on Disney property.

Offline WadeJ

• Administrator
  • Green Lantern
    • GadvOutpost
« Reply #26 on: February 13, 2006, 02:04:56 PM »
/\  thats my point - you might as well not bother stopping by MK because even with a AAA discount, you will still burn through over 250 bucks that day.  You might as well either REALLY go or not bother.  Or, put that 250 towards a AP even if you are only going to 1 park for 1 day because if you plan to go back next year anyway, you would then already have passes and would get a hotel discount.  WOW, that was a really bad run-on sentence lol

Offline Nitro1118

• Sky Ride
« Reply #27 on: February 13, 2006, 04:20:29 PM »
Isn't an AP pass like over 200 bucks per person though? There is no way each person in her group will be spending over 250 bucks in one day at MK, inlcuding the ticket.

Offline WadeJ

• Administrator
  • Green Lantern
    • GadvOutpost
« Reply #28 on: February 13, 2006, 04:52:50 PM »
I meant they would spend at least 250 to get the entire family into the MK for just one day ;)

Thats 250 for 1 park only.. Yes, thats the entire family BUT, they plan to go back next year and could save 5-600 bucks on hotel which covers the cost for all of the AP's.

I think AP's for 9 and under are in the 280 range for 4 parks and adults are 380ish.

Like I said, ONLY if they go back in a year would it make sense.  If they go back once and get 35% off a hotel room, 10-15% off food, and 10-25% off merchandise, you can see how the AP pays for itself.

But it only works if you can go back before that year expires.  Staying for 8+ days is a plus as well.  Then you really see the savings vs. a regular park hopper.

So, spend 1,500 bucks now and get to stop by the MK for "free" during the Universal getway or spend 250 for the family for one day this time plus another 250 x5 next year for park hoppers which is basically the cost of the AP's and not get that huge hotel discount (she mentioned staying on Disney property next year)

Trust me, I've worked the Disney system tons of times and I always come out ahead.

Universal on the other hand, makes it so cheap to stop back on a 2nd or 3rd day that the AP isn't really worth it (unless you lived in FL).

Offline Nitro1118

• Sky Ride
« Reply #29 on: February 13, 2006, 05:01:06 PM »
Ah, gotcha.

Yeah, Universal is very cheap compared to Disney. And again, the unlimited Express unmatched by any discounts Disney will ever give.

Offline ChuckR

• Would you just look at it?
  • Global Moderator
  • Kingda Ka
  • RIP Chiller...
    • Facebook
« Reply #30 on: February 13, 2006, 05:33:36 PM »
I just saw for Universal that kids stay for free. I don't know what the catch is though...

Offline WadeJ

• Administrator
  • Green Lantern
    • GadvOutpost
« Reply #31 on: February 13, 2006, 06:53:35 PM »
Its actually a really good deal.  Kids age 3-9 get a free pass with every 2day/2park adult pass that is purchased @ 99 bucks.  Plus, they will bump ALL the passes up to a 5 day for free.

This must be booked online.

Offline coastermom

• Batman & Robin: The Chiller
« Reply #32 on: February 28, 2006, 04:23:53 PM »
hey wade seen that deal and we actually got a good deal but it only works for the baby for us. He is 4.

I wanted to know if anyone has ever done the character breakfast at USF ? Is it any good or worth it? What characters are there?

Thanks