Welcome, Guest

Latest 20 Shouts

Current Weather

SIX Stock

Author Topic: Medusa to be themed around Lex Luthor!  (Read 3090 times)

Offline overlord

• Graphc Designer
  • Administrator
  • Green Lantern
  • Batman has no limits.
Medusa to be themed around Lex Luthor!
« on: February 08, 2009, 10:01:50 AM »
Alright, this is jglonek, back from Comic Con! Time to give everyone the update they want.

First off, a summary: Medusa is going DC-Comics Themed, something involving Lex Luthor. And it's opening Memorial Day!

I know this because when I got my goody bag at Comic Con today there was a 4 page insert in it (along with other stuff) labeled "Daily Planet Special Edition". It's written, well, as if we were reading this paper as citizens of Metropolis. Anyway, it talks about how Lex Luthor is going to be renovating Superman: Ride of Steel at SFNE (which we all pretty much knew), and Medusa!

These photos that medieval found a few days ago are actually directly related to this whole thing, as it appears that Clawshun Industries website is a viral website set up for this whole renovation project. Pretty neat!

You can see scans of the paper itself here:
Front page
Back ad
Story about Lex

Click read more to see a transcript of the story and more! You won't be disappointed!

Here is a transcript of the front page story:
LEX LUTHOR TAKES SIX FLAGS FOR A RIDE!
ROLLER COASTER REDO EXCITES FANS, BUT CLAWSHUN MOTIVES QUESTIONED
By Lois Lane

Most thrill-seekers can't wait for the upcoming transformation of Six Flags New England's Superman: Ride of Steel and Six Flags Great Adventure's Medusa roller coaster. But some roller coaster fans are raising questions about mega-company LexCorp's involvement in the project.

"Superman: Ride of Steel and Medusa are two great coasters," said Jonathan Whitmeyer, president of the Metropolis chapter of the American Association of Thrill-Ride and Roller Coaster Fans (AATRCF). "Fans are excited by the idea of improving two already fantastic rides, but some people are wondering about the secrecy involved."

The Superman: Ride of Steel at Six Flags New England (outside of Springfield, Massachusetts) won Amusement Today's Golden Ticket award in 2008 for best steel roller coaster, and Park World Magazine has named Superman: Ride of Steel the "number one coaster on the planet." Medusa is a historic ride which was the first "floorless" roller coaster when it opened in 1999.

"If anyone can improve Superman: Ride of Steel and Medusa its Lex Luthor," said Everett Pavlick, president of the American Museum of Roller Coaasters. "But why won't LexCorp tell us what they're planning to do?"

"The renovation project has been under a veil of mystery since it began," said Janice Slivey, a Metropolis resident concerned about the transformation. Initially, Clawshun Industries refused to divulge their plans for the coaster makeover. Protestors were even spotted questioning Clawshun Representatives in the park. When it was later uncovered that LexCorp is the parent company of Clawshun Industries, the mystery deepened.

"Keeping Clawshun Industries' actual owner a secret contributes to the feeling that LexCorp has something to hide with its transformation of Superman: Ride of Steel and Medusa," said Slivey.

Not all fans share Slivey's curiousity over the secrecy involved in the transformation. "If Lex Luthor is really behind the redo, that's the best news I've heard all year," said 19-year-old Metropolis resident Maxwell Hearnes. "After all, how many times do we get a genius scientist and former President to transform roller coasters?"

"Fans say they they are acting out of admiration for the ride themselves. "We love Superman: Ride of Steel and Medusa and we are going to make sure the transformations make the best rides in the country even better," said AATRCF's chapter president Whitmeyer.

The ad on the back page says:

Six Flags New England
and
Six Flags Great Adventure

Thanks to all the Citizens of Metropolis for Your
Support of Clawshun Industries'
Transformation of Superman: Ride of Steel
and Medusa

You're in for a Thrill!
Memorial Day Weekend 2009

And as mentioned by Screamscape, that paper is now online to look at it!

ORIGINAL STORY BELOW...
BREAKING NEWS! THIS JUST IN!

I just received a phone call from Jglonek himself who is attending a comic convention in New York City today, an paper insert found in his goody bag detailed that Lex Luthor was invading different parks from around the country in the Six Flags amusement chain. It went on further to say that Medusa, yes our Medusa, will actually be included in this widespread theming scheme. We will have more information later on in the day when Jglonek himself can tell you more. Looks like its going to be an exciting season!
« Last Edit: February 09, 2009, 07:57:26 AM by jglonek »

Offline Steve

• Administrator
  • El Toro
Re: Medusa to be themed around Lex Luthor!
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2009, 10:49:18 AM »
I said it when this first started and I will say it again.

Bizarro.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2009, 08:43:01 PM by jglonek »

Offline jglonek

• Administrator
  • Kingda Ka
  • It's simple, we, uh, kill the Batman.
    • http://www.gadvoutpost.com
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2009, 01:25:47 PM »
Hey im still here at comiccon. I just wanted to explain a little more about whats going on.

We were all given goody bags here at comiccon and inside along with other random stuff was a 4 page paper called the daily planet special edition. The headline says 'lex luthor takes six flags for a ride'. It then goes on to talk about how lex luthor is remodeling superman at sfne, which we already know, and medusa, which im pretty sure is the first time we have heard anything about the themeing anywhere!

I will type up and scan the paper when i get home!
« Last Edit: February 08, 2009, 08:43:22 PM by jglonek »

Offline rjholla2003

• Admini-what?!
  • Administrator
  • Kingda Ka
  • Ehh, What's Up Doc!
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2009, 02:24:41 PM »
Finally some details!  It's gonna be a slow ride to revelation on this one.  Or so I think, LOL.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2009, 08:43:33 PM by jglonek »
Peep the concept, you've got progress, you've got congress
We protest in hopes they confess, just proceed on your conquest
I ain't got no gavel, I ain't finna fight nobody battle
I just wanna be free, I ain't finna be nobody's chattel

Offline jglonek

• Administrator
  • Kingda Ka
  • It's simple, we, uh, kill the Batman.
    • http://www.gadvoutpost.com
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2009, 08:30:39 PM »
I updated the original story with a transcript of the paper, as well as images of it, and more information!

I have to say, if the ride is half as good as the viral marketing that Six Flags has created to surround it..

IM EXCITED :D
« Last Edit: February 08, 2009, 08:43:45 PM by jglonek »

Offline rjholla2003

• Admini-what?!
  • Administrator
  • Kingda Ka
  • Ehh, What's Up Doc!
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2009, 10:28:32 PM »
This is definitely interesting.  I guess it's nice to see that the almost maddening depth of the secrecy is all a part of the plan.  That makes it a little more tolerable.
Peep the concept, you've got progress, you've got congress
We protest in hopes they confess, just proceed on your conquest
I ain't got no gavel, I ain't finna fight nobody battle
I just wanna be free, I ain't finna be nobody's chattel

Offline PcMan

• Kingda Ka
  • Yo
    • techhi.net
« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2009, 11:16:18 PM »
we got the same "newspaper" and small yellow construction helmets at eastcaoster

Yo