Welcome, Guest

Latest 20 Shouts

Current Weather

SIX Stock

Author Topic: Skydiving  (Read 3193 times)

Offline ChuckR

• Would you just look at it?
  • Global Moderator
  • Kingda Ka
  • RIP Chiller...
    • Facebook
Skydiving
« on: October 27, 2005, 12:37:21 AM »
Well, tomorrow morning at 10am I am scheduled to go skydiving. I will be climbing up 14,000 feet into the sky. Thats like 28-29 Kingda Ka's stacked on top of each other and I will be jumping out of the plane.

Expect a full TR about it and pictures...

Wish me luck!

Offline Bubba Z

• White Castle Fries only come in one size
  • Global Moderator
  • Nitro
    • http://www.freewebs.com/fredbean/index.htm
Skydiving
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2005, 12:39:56 AM »
Chuck, Have a Blast and a safe landing.  Looking forward to the trip report.

Offline ChuckR

• Global Moderator
  • Kingda Ka
  • RIP Chiller...
    • Facebook
Skydiving
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2005, 05:05:47 PM »
Well as promised I came and survived Skydiving from 13,500 feet and it was AMAZING!!! But first I will start off the day.

I got up this morning around 7:30am and showered and ate a light breakfast. I then waited for my girlfriend to come over and waited for my ride to get me. But he was late so I called and he just woke up and chickened out. So I had to drive out there. I went and picked up my friend and got gas and made our way out to Freefall Adventures. We arrive around 9:45am and see the entrance building...

Now, the place is in the middle of nowhere but it has some awesome people who work there. There were a few people getting ready to go down south to Georgia to this huge Skydiving event. The first thing I notice there is this sign...

Now why do they have to put those all over the place. We sign in and have to fill out about 3 pages worth of stuff basically signing our life over and telling them that we can't sue if we get hurt or die. They also said that one out of every 20,000 dives there is a death....great! We then go into this room and watch a video about what to and what not to do while were skydiving and watch this awesome video of clips they put together of people skydiving, insane. We then head out and pay our money, $169 dollars. But it was all worth it! We then start talking to these jumpers that were from Baltimore that comes up here every weekend to jump, he has 48 jumps and this other guy that has about 188 jumps. He then shows up the plane that we will be jumping out of....

Small plane, right. Well it gets even more exciting. They then call our names to the sign in booth and we meet our instructors. If you guys dont know, when you first go skydiving you go tandem skydiving. Which is you get hooked on to someone when you dive. My instructor, had about 13,000 jumps all over the world. He was an awesome guy and he did some crazy stuff. We then gear up and they show us what to do while in the air, how to pull the rip cord, and how to land. It was basically simple and didn't sound that bad. We then have to wait five minutes for the plane to start up, and the anticipitation and nervousness builds. Here is me and my buddy geared up....

The only thing for us to do was to be geared up to our instructor, but we did that in the plane. Then finally, they tell us to board the plane. Now, this plane was tiny. There was no seats, we had to sit on the floor and wait till we rose 13, 500 feet. We then started to move and finally we took off. Now, we get hooked up to our instructor and we get an altimeter that tells you how high you are and he told me when it hits 5 to pull the rip cord. He also told me how were exiting the plane. We then rise higher and higher and higher until the moment comes. Now I was the 2nd to last person going out out of 10 people. They were 3 experienced jumpers that just leaped when that door opened. That air was COLD, -9 degrees below to be exact. We slowly work our way towards the door and I am like what the heck am I getting myself into. He tells me to basically sit at the edge and have my feet dangle, then he tells me to try to make my feet hit the bottom of the plane and arch my head all the way back. Then....we lean out of the plane and falllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll. Before I know it, I am freefalling 130mph and falling fast. I glance up and the view is awesome but my cheeks are flapping and then I look down and I say some words that can't be said here...cough...cough. We then flip, but your so high up that you don't realize it. Then he spins me and I feel like I am spiraling to the ground. Here's a picture way up of me...

Before I know it I am down to 5,000 feet and it's time to deploy the parachute. I quickly pull the cord and the parachute deploys....a big sigh of relief. We then slow down and I can see Philly and Atlantic City in the background and I see pools and houses below me.

He then tells me I did a fantastic job and ask how was it? All I can tell him was that was the best rush I have ever had. He then does some cool stuff with the parachute, which freaks the hell out of me. He makes quick rights and lefts with it and it was sooooo cool. I wish I was doing it right now again.

We then slowly and surely make our way down and he tells me what to do to land and I was expecting broken legs or something. But it was really easy and we slid and finally stopped on the ground. I just conquered skydiving and what do I want to do? Do it as many times as I can again. It was amazing...

We then unhook and work our way inside and we get a certificate, a bumper sticker and a skydiving log. He tells me all the stuff about how to go by yourself and everything. It was purely amazing and the best thing I have ever done. There is no thrill like it. I am now both a coaster and skydiving enthusiast. I found a new hobby in the winter time, yes they are open in the winter.

I hope you enjoyed, if you have questions feel free to ask....

Offline Bubba Z

• White Castle Fries only come in one size
  • Global Moderator
  • Nitro
    • http://www.freewebs.com/fredbean/index.htm
Skydiving
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2005, 11:27:57 PM »
It's cool you were one of the 19,999  that  made it down safe. Did you buy a video of you're  jump ?  Do they still offer that ?

Offline innervision

• VIP
  • Nitro
  • Holy atomic pile, Batman!
    • http://www.gadvoutpost.com
Skydiving
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2005, 10:08:23 AM »
Man, I wanted to go so bad. Im definitley going by at least next summer.

Offline ChuckR

• Global Moderator
  • Kingda Ka
  • RIP Chiller...
    • Facebook
Skydiving
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2005, 01:22:42 AM »
Quote from: "Bubba Z"
It's cool you were one of the 19,999  that  made it down safe. Did you buy a video of you're  jump ?  Do they still offer that ?

No, and yes they offer it. VHS was I believe $80 and a DVD was $110.