Welcome, Guest

Latest 20 Shouts

Current Weather

SIX Stock

Author Topic: April 10th Trip Report  (Read 3049 times)

Offline darkridedan

• Affiliate
  • Great American Scream Machine
    • My Smugmug Gallery
April 10th Trip Report
« on: April 14, 2009, 01:50:56 AM »
Matt (Millennium Force44) and I went to the park on Friday and had a great time. We re-rode allot of rides and ate some food and saw lots of friendly and fast employees. We met up with Dainan and his sister Savanna and his friends Jackie and Dave, and one of us almost had a flat ride end his day.

Matt and I entered the park after 11 and strolled around the empty midway until we wandered onto Nitro. The weather was sunny and warm, and felt great for a marathon. I took my inaugural ride of the year near the back of the train and because there were plenty of empty stalls, we rode again. We stayed on for a few more rides until the station filled completely.

Off to The Dark Knight! This ride is always fun to ride. The queue was empty and we were slid into a pre-show in progress. Matt enjoys the preshow as it reminds him of Orlando; I looked forward to the wild mouse ride ahead. I had a fun ride in the back row on opening day and we had an equally quick-paced, dark ride in the front row.

Batman was up next. We had the choice of any row and we filled in whereever the seats were empty. I lasted three or four rounds until I had my fill. The ride makes me really dizzy.

We met up with Dainan, Jackie and Savanna at the exit of The Dark Knight. Matt and I were feeling hungry and we went over to Mama Flora's Cuchina. Matt had never been to the Cuchina and he was looking for a meatless selection. I always have good food here and I recommended the salad. He went with the mozzarella sticks. I had the chicken wings...They're really small, and they would make a better appetizer. So, we thought about getting another snack and I recommended some fruit from Carnegie Deli. The Deli had a great selection, but it was too crowded. Everybody in the park was here! We walked to the Boardwalk Food Court and perused the selection. We spotted the sushi and it looked good, but we decided that we spent enough on lunch. After everybody finished, we were going to ride the newly painted Big Wheel. The condition was we ride a coaster next. Matt needed it!

Dainan is a little...well, I'll let Dainan describe how he is, but the Big Wheel is an intimidating ride. It was made more intimidating by the antics of certain people in our gondola. I'll skip the details. What a nice view!

We took the sky ride to Frontier Adventures and split into rule breakers and rule bearers. The sky ride is scary enough without merging it with a ride that previously was in the park. But, how peaceful!

We all started yelling 'Dave.' It turned out to be the name of our attendant. He suggested that I get a job here since I spend so much time here. I LOL'ed and moved on.

We made Runaway Train that next coaster. Matt asked if we could ride the front car and everybody else spread throughout the train. Matt and I rode in the front row of car 2. It was a little jerky, but fun! The ride was airy going over the lake. The crew was friendly and efficient.

I saw and mentioned to the group that the flume was open but I think we were avoiding someone. So we moved onto Bizarro. It's Medusa, only blue.

El Toro is a popular ride. It was running two trains and yet I believe we walked right into the station and waited for the back car. I heard the operator say that car 6 needed to be checked. I asked Dainan if his rather slim sister was stapled before I got pounced on by the attendant. He said that she had about a foot of room, and I asked if he could staple her.

The operator said, "Car 6 is no good."

I gave my lap bar a little nudge and we were good! Wow! It was full of air on the hill over RT, and I do believe I heard some gas on the long camel back. The ride was much improved over opening day.

We wouldn't be walking too far with RT in the area. It's Dainan and my favorite ride in the park and it has tool repellent. The station experience is pleasant on the part of the guests, the ride is always different (you never know what you're going to get) and I don't remember the crew detracting from the experience this day. We sat in the back and the train drug a little, but we sat in the back and I prefer a front car ride.

Why not Kingda Ka? I hadn't been on it yet this season. We walked all the way through the queue and walked on the back row. I used to like the back row best but others wouldn't stifle their dislike for it and I gave riding in the back. This was Matt's idea, and I liked it but he insisted that we sat in the 2nd train while Dainan, Jackie and Savanna rode in the 1st. We watched their train go and it looked like they may roll back. I told Matt I may have to inflict bodily harm if they rolled back, but they made it over. Our ride was crazy fast... powerful up and down the tower, and allot of fun.

Matt and I bought Italian ices as they were cheaper than water.

We walked over to the Boardwalk and had a wonderful idea. We took Savanna on her first ever ride on a top spin. Too bad we only had How in all things fun has this ride remained while so many GOOD ones have gone by the way side Twister. Once the ride started, the thing moved around a bit, flipped once, and concluded by moving around aimlessly. The operator asked us how we liked the ride. Silence ensued. He said, "Believe it or not, that was it."

We saw the Parachutes open and we were pleasantly surprised that four chutes operating. We exchanged stats and chose up partners. We wanted to make sure we could make it up in the air. (An Intamin joke was made here.) I rode with Matt and we had a great view of El Toro, Rolling Thunder and the Safari. He probably figured out at this point that I didn't like heights. The rise made me OOH! The fall made me AHH! It was like a slow motion drop tower. (Dainan made an inappropriate joke here.)

Then we rode The Great American Scream Machine, or gasm. You may start calling it The Great French Scream Machine, or gfsm. Check out those fancy French flags. Pain? Was our ride painful? I dunno what everybody talks about? Pain. If it weren't Tuesday now and had I not been on the ride since Friday, I wouldn't have any idea what people are talking about with this pain. We rode in the red (Freedom) train and it was good and punchy. Free from pain.

Did we really go on Superman Flight? I already had my 1 S.U.F ride for the year. The queue was empty. I think it was good? Anybody? Pretzel, then boredom?

OK, onto Log Flume. We met up with Dainan's friend Dave. We split up with 4 of us in one log! We got a little wet. Savanna got really wet, but the rest of us were substantially dampened as well.

Back to ET. We rode once in the front, once towards the middle and once in the back; Each area of the train provided its own experience. The front row has more air on the first two hills than in the back. The back was stronger on the back hills. Matt continued riding while the rest of us went to Best of the West for dinner.

Dainan had BBQ'd pork (eww) and I had a hamburger with stale bun. We sat inside and shared some S and G's. We all shared Dave's good angle food-esk cheese cake.

Back to the Flumer. We split up in various factions until we were sure to be sick the next day. The ride has a great layout!

We also took a few more fun-filled woodsy rides on RMT.

We headed to meet with Matt, who had moved on to Nitro. We stopped at the Enchanted Tea Cups. I eyed the previous cycle to avoid riding in the chattering tea cups. We rode on the least-Zamperla-like cups and it was fun, but we spun way too fast. Way too fast! So I sat out of the next ride on Fantasy Fling.

After Bench we went to Skull Mountain. Dainan and I walked onto the back row and had a few great dark and not dull rides. The station never filled and we switched seats. But the further I moved up, the less fun I had. So I sat out the last few rides.

Matt had already left the park for the day when we arrived at Nitro. I was feeling nauseous so I bought a heaping helping of Butterfly Fries while everybody else did a 5-lap-run on Nitro. When they had their full, they joined the Butterfly Fry free-fore-all because I had my fill.

And now we went back to TDK. The pre-show was better viewed than the earlier show when some girls  were complaining how bad the ride was to them.  Our first ride was really fun. I've finally gotten the knack for seeing the few special effects in the ride. Because no guests were in the station we sat in the car and drifted through a second ride. Background sound effects had shut off half way through and the ride was really eerily quiet. But it was more fun than flags indicated.

We rode Batman in the front row. After that, you could stick a fork in me. Dainan, Jackie and Savanna rode way too many more times until closing and Dave and I looked around the Justice League Headquaters. We saw the first shipment of Bizarro hoodies come in.

We walked towards the exit and browsed through the M-porium, Looney Tunes Shoppe and Main Street Market. We took a look at the old photos of rides on the Market walls. I noticed that Buccaneer and GASM pictures joined pics from rides that aren't there anymore, and realized how there aren't many rides left from the 1980's. Congo Rapids and Parachutes would be the others? That be all.

...an ending is under funstruction...

« Last Edit: April 14, 2009, 03:17:31 PM by darkridedan »
Prepare to weather the storm!
ROLLING THUNDER

Offline coastersue

• Spinmeister
Re: April 10th Trip Report
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2009, 07:09:31 AM »
Wait a minute--RT is Dainan's favorite ride?

Offline Bubba Z

• White Castle Fries only come in one size
  • Global Moderator
  • Nitro
    • http://www.freewebs.com/fredbean/index.htm
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2009, 04:23:44 PM »
You weren't kidding, nice long Tr . Thanks for the read.

Offline CycloneMan

• Houdini's Great Escape
  • Great Adventure where you're part of the fun!
    • North East Coasters
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2009, 05:24:50 PM »
Yes Sue, Rolling Thunder is my favorite for many reasons =). Also, it was an awesome day, and  I'm shocked Savannah lasted the entire day! It was priceless when she got off the Tea Cups and FELL to the ground because she was so dizzy!

This sums up my Big Wheel experience :-X
« Last Edit: April 14, 2009, 11:45:45 PM by CycloneMan »

Coaster Count: 255

Offline darkridedan

• Affiliate
  • Great American Scream Machine
    • My Smugmug Gallery
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2009, 06:17:23 AM »
There were certainly allot of people looking at her, but she did better than I did on days when I have to be carried out.  ::)
Prepare to weather the storm!
ROLLING THUNDER

Offline CycloneMan

• Houdini's Great Escape
    • North East Coasters
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2009, 11:20:15 AM »
Oh, and we did ride Superman. Savannah likes it, which is why we rode it. Except when she gets off and says it's boring...EVERY TIME!

Offline coastersue

• Spinmeister
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2009, 07:00:27 AM »
Yes Sue, Rolling Thunder is my favorite for many reasons =).

Has anyone ever told you that you have great taste?   ;)

Offline CycloneMan

• Houdini's Great Escape
    • North East Coasters
« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2009, 12:39:24 PM »
Sue, everyone's told me that I'm very old for my age ;)

But that's what I get for being an ACE member since I was 7 :P