Welcome, Guest

Latest 20 Shouts

Current Weather

SIX Stock

Author Topic: $3000 In Personal Items Alleged Taken From Car at GAd  (Read 4275 times)

Offline GADVwow

• Kingda Ka
$3000 In Personal Items Alleged Taken From Car at GAd
« on: July 27, 2010, 07:21:15 PM »

JACKSON — A South Carolina family had personal items valued at more than $3,000 stolen from inside their car Thursday after they made a last minute decision to stop at Six Flags Great Adventure before returning home from vacation, township police said.

After a five-hour visit at the amusement park, the family returned to their 2006 Dodge Charger to discover a door had been pried open and found several items taken including Nintendo DSi, DS and Wii computer video gaming systems, 28 video games, laptop computer, digital camera, cell phone and cash, according to the family.

This is the ninth burglary reported at the theme park since Memorial Day weekend, a total typical for this time of the year, according to Capt. David Newman of the Jackson police.

The burglars are targeting iPods, digital cameras, cell phones, laptops, portable gaming systems and other valuable personal items left in full view inside cars, Newman said....

More at:
http://www.app.com/article/20100727/NEWS/100727105/-3-000-in-personal-items-stolen-from-car-at-Six-Flags

Offline rjholla2003

• Admini-what?!
  • Administrator
  • Kingda Ka
  • Ehh, What's Up Doc!
Re: $3000 In Personal Items Alleged Taken From Car at GAd
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2010, 08:13:52 PM »
9 sounds like a high number, but it is small in the grand scheme of things considering how many vehicles park there on a daily basis, let alone the first 4 months of the season. That's stuff that you have to keep in the trunk, not in the cabin. I don't keep ANYTHING of value visible in my car's cabin, or even bags that LOOK like they could have valuables...or even non-valuables. Even if I'm running errands at multiple stores, I put the bag from store one into the trunk when I go to store two, even if that bag just has deodorant and a toothbrush.
Peep the concept, you've got progress, you've got congress
We protest in hopes they confess, just proceed on your conquest
I ain't got no gavel, I ain't finna fight nobody battle
I just wanna be free, I ain't finna be nobody's chattel

Offline B-mac

• Nitro
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2010, 08:24:52 PM »
Why would you leave that much stuff in your car? I can see a DS because over 10 million kids have them these days; but you should throw it under a towel on the seat or in the glovebox. but a laptop? a Wii?? Who would seriously have the balls to leave something like that in plain sight in a car? Rj's right with that stuff being trunk merchandise.

(Who brings a nintendo wii on vacation anyway???)

Offline overlord

• Graphc Designer
  • Administrator
  • Green Lantern
  • Batman has no limits.
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2010, 08:21:51 AM »
^The Wii isn't even the weird part...its the fact they have almost 30 games with them! They should have just stopped by my house, left their Wii stuff with me and come back when they were done!

Offline nitrorox1414

• Blackbeard's Lost Treasure Train
  • Arms Down Head Back Hold On!!!
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2010, 04:53:25 PM »
Lol Ya why do they have that much stuff. 30 games! comeon get outside!

Offline PcMan

• Kingda Ka
  • Yo
    • techhi.net
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2010, 08:30:58 PM »
you have to hide your stuff
they probably had it out in the open

Yo

Offline B-mac

• Nitro
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2010, 09:19:18 PM »
^The Wii isn't even the weird part...its the fact they have almost 30 games with them! They should have just stopped by my house, left their Wii stuff with me and come back when they were done!

I don't even have 15 games for my 360 and I've had it for 4 years. I have 12 for my DS and I usually let my little cousin play them since I beat almost all of them.

EDIT:
Nor do I have the guts to even bring my 360 outside my bedroom, either.

Offline rjholla2003

• Admini-what?!
  • Administrator
  • Kingda Ka
  • Ehh, What's Up Doc!
« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2010, 10:00:41 PM »
I only have 11 games for my Wii, and I got it the Christmas it came out. But I guess adults don't have the time to play Wii that much. :( DJ Hero's been calling my name too.

Offline coastermom

• Batman & Robin: The Chiller
« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2010, 11:03:49 PM »
When we go on vacation I have kids and we NEVER bring that much stuff with us . It seems a little too much to have in a car on vacation it was not even a minivan where you could say they were playing on the road while mom and dad drove ...Seems a little strange .

Offline overlord

• Graphc Designer
  • Administrator
  • Green Lantern
  • Batman has no limits.
« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2010, 12:52:04 AM »
I only have 11 games for my Wii, and I got it the Christmas it came out. But I guess adults don't have the time to play Wii that much. :( DJ Hero's been calling my name too.

You sure? I thought it was calling mine actually....Just drop it off anytime. ;)

Offline rjholla2003

• Admini-what?!
  • Administrator
  • Kingda Ka
  • Ehh, What's Up Doc!
« Reply #10 on: July 29, 2010, 02:10:28 AM »
That's your solution for everything! LOL

Offline overlord

• Graphc Designer
  • Administrator
  • Green Lantern
  • Batman has no limits.
« Reply #11 on: July 29, 2010, 08:30:21 AM »
Here is a picture from the Gadv Facebook page of the crime scene. A $1000 reward for the conviction and return of items...not too shabby but you could probably replace everything for that $1000.

Offline Fjask

• Affiliate
  • Carousel
« Reply #12 on: July 29, 2010, 09:59:00 PM »
Well that's what happens when you leave valuables in pain sight.  Although that circle left on the windshield from the portable GPS mounts are enough to get a car broken in to.

Offline Bubba Z

• White Castle Fries only come in one size
  • Global Moderator
  • Nitro
    • http://www.freewebs.com/fredbean/index.htm
« Reply #13 on: July 31, 2010, 07:48:49 AM »
That's the thing, I bring my daughters Ds, her 20 games and my Macbook to watch movies when I drive to Florida or any other coaster trips. I also have a gps and a loose Sirius satellite unit.  The thing is you need to cover these items and hide them well out of plain sight.  I remember the one time I went to Boomers in Florida in my open Jeep. They took my Sega, all my games and even my sneakers because I left the top off while I went for three quick laps before moving back home. I was in shock mostly over my smelly sneakers. Really ?   

Offline WadeJ

• Administrator
  • Green Lantern
    • GadvOutpost
« Reply #14 on: July 31, 2010, 09:24:52 AM »
Maybe they were barefoot while stealing the stuff?  You might have assisted with the getaway!

Knock on wood, I've never had a problem before and it's most likely because I always hide everything.  I know they would still get it if they broke in but a thief takes the quickest target.  A car they are SURE will reward them will always win over one they think has something good.

Ironically, the only time I've ever had my car broken into is right in front of my house.  For a freaking portable XM unit!  It was deactivated and tagged stolen property a few hours later so it was worth nothing any longer.  Morons!

Offline coastersue

• Spinmeister
« Reply #15 on: July 31, 2010, 04:10:31 PM »
We had our rental broken into right by the Space Needle.  We had an SUV which didn't have a cover in the back and we had everything with us at the time.  I had thought it could be a problem and we had bought a black towel to put over the stuff, but that apparently wasn't good enough.  Thankfully, even though the car was damaged and stuff was slightly moved around, there was nothing missing.  Someone must've scared them off or something.

Offline RollingToro95

« Reply #16 on: September 26, 2010, 03:11:26 PM »
That's not the park's fault at all - it's those idiot's fault. Everyone knows that you don't leave valuables like that in plain sight - and it's not just at GADV or in the New York area, it's everywhere. Who leaves a laptop in plain sight in their car? And a Wii? Seriously?

Offline Robert T Ackerman

• SPAGHETT!
  • Global Moderator
  • Green Lantern
  • "The Grammar Hammer!"
« Reply #17 on: September 28, 2010, 08:28:25 AM »
My car got broken into at SFNE a few years back on closing night. Nothing was left in plain site. Car was locked, lost $2,000 worth of stereo stuff, and they broke the whole steering column, which cost me $850 to fix plus 2 extra trips up there to pick up my car. SF did nothing for me, except send me a season pass that was only redeemable up there, that I already told them I bought that same day.

Yeah, that sucks about Chiller...I hate to see it like that. Hey, so we should get a group picture or something ok. I'll call you later!