Latest Updates > Outpost News

A Walk in the Park - Great Adventure

(1/7) > >>

overlord:
Ok so for many of you that do not know, Six Flags as a company hosts a variety of fundraisers to help raise money for cures to diseases and cancers. On June 14, they are hosting A Walk in the Park - Taking Strides to Cure Kids Cancer. To join the walk and donate money, it is $10.00 a person which includes entry, t-shirt, breakfast, and a walk bag. Moving forward, there is also an option to host a team of members.

I was thinking what better way to help the kids than to show how strong of a community we have here at Great Adventure Outpost. You can find more information on the link below but if you are interested, please leave a post so I can start forming a team. All the proceeds are going towards research and a bunch of Six Flags employees such as Mark Kane, Kristen Seibeneicher, and Jen Lawton have signed up to participate. It is going to be a blast.

A Walk in the Park - Great Adventure Information

UPDATE: If you want to join our team, just follow the link to the GAOutpost Team Page where you can click join this team or sponsor this team. Please, if you can make the walk, then come as it promises to be a fun time walking around with your fellow board members as well as many others. If you can't make the walk, then simply sponsor or donate to the team fund. I set the bar at $100 which is pretty moderate if I may say so seeing we have 300 members.

ADMIN EDIT: This is from the 2009 Walk.  Please see the post on the home page for 2010 details!

Bubba Z:
Hey Clint,  I'll join team Outpost . I'm free Sunday mornings so count me in.

overlord:
Only one person willing sign up...really?

kingdakafan:
Ill see if im available that day if i am ill gladly do it! Ill ask my mom too (i cant go alone).

PcMan:
I'm in for this event unless something drastic happens
will try to get some Family and friends together.

Cancer is the worst thing   we need to find a cure for
I know so many people that have it and have passed away, family and friends and many very young.

OK I see the team with the Lowest Pledges or donations is at $40
Team GA Outpost can do better then that and if we do get our name on the Six Flags site

Top 20 Teams

Team   Captain   Confirmed   Location
1.   Six Flags Great Adventure   Mark Kane   $1,735.00   Six Flags Great Adventure
2.   LIFESAVERS   Jennifer Acuti   $1,425.00   Six Flags Great Adventure
3.   Net Prophets   Linda Knight   $680.00   Six Flags Great Adventure
4.   Team KK   Jenna Zumsteg   $650.00   Six Flags Great Adventure
5.   Six Flags Friends NY    Jessica King    $536.00   Six Flags Great Adventure
6.   Team Drama Queenz   Kristin Siebeneicher   $475.00   Six Flags Great Adventure
7.   Rockin Retail   Denny Gyurisin   $430.00   Six Flags Great Adventure
8.   SMOOTH OPERATORS   Stephen Bowman   $430.00   Six Flags Great Adventure
9.   Team Pearce   Pearce Quesenberry   $384.00   Six Flags Great Adventure
10.   Park Services Department   John Nilio   $375.00   Six Flags Great Adventure
11.   Team Nicholas   Heather Freeman   $285.00   Six Flags Great Adventure
12.   Final Four   Maureen Jacobi   $200.00   Six Flags Great Adventure
13.   Kaela's hope   Katherine Cruz   $180.00   Six Flags Great Adventure
14.   Over The Top HR   Jayson Maxwell   $175.00   Six Flags Great Adventure
15.   Chris & Ellie   Chris Strejlau   $110.00   Six Flags Great Adventure
16.   Security Department   Dori Shea   $105.00   Six Flags Great Adventure
17.   Mu Sigma Upsilon Sorority, Inc.   A. Cynthia Rodriguez   $100.00   Six Flags Great Adventure
18.   Mpact   Doreen Magee   $50.00   Six Flags Great Adventure
19.   Rock You Like A Hurricane   William Zumsteg   $50.00   Six Flags Great Adventure
20.   The Miller Five +1   Amy Miller   $40.00   Six Flags Great Adventure

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version