Welcome, Guest

Latest 20 Shouts

Current Weather

SIX Stock

Author Topic: Wade's Utah Trip - otherwise known as the place I'd love to live  (Read 2011 times)

Offline WadeJ

• Administrator
  • Green Lantern
    • GadvOutpost
I've been in Utah just south of Salt Lake City on business all week.  Unfortunately, due to various issues getting here on Sunday, I missed out on a trip to Lagoon.  And of course, I'm sitting here at 4:30 on Friday with nothing to do (my flight doesn't leave until 7AM tomorrow) and Lagoon isn't open on Friday's yet :(.  Can't win.  Anyway, I figured I'd share a few photos I took with my phone.  I can't get over how awesome it is here.  The beauty of the land is just amazing. 

I'll break the photos up into multiple replies so I can note where they are from.

Offline WadeJ

• Administrator
  • Green Lantern
    • GadvOutpost
Re: Wade's Utah Trip - otherwise known as the place I'd love to live
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2009, 06:37:29 PM »
The first photo is taken from my hotel window in Provo.  The second photo is taken from my car at a traffic light in downtown Provo which is right down the road from BYU.  The third is taken from the parking lot of one of our corporate headquarters.

Offline WadeJ

• Administrator
  • Green Lantern
    • GadvOutpost
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2009, 06:40:59 PM »
Next up is the definite highlight of my trip.  A visit to Sundance.  Just unreal.  We then took a trail that is about wide enough for one car through the rest of the mountain all the way up to where the snow was.  So we went from about 5,000ft. above sea level to around 9,000ft. 

These are all taken from around Sundance:

Offline WadeJ

• Administrator
  • Green Lantern
    • GadvOutpost
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2009, 06:45:09 PM »
And finally, one of the more odd parts of the trip was joining a few guys for a trip to Cabella's.  Which, if you never heard of, is easily the largest outdoors store in existence.  This place was just huge.  They had an aquarium (which the photos didn't come out good in) and a room showing off different type of game.

Offline WadeJ

• Administrator
  • Green Lantern
    • GadvOutpost
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2009, 06:48:10 PM »
Here is the display room.  I couldn't take photos but the gun vault was just insane.

Offline coastermom

• Batman & Robin: The Chiller
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2009, 08:37:47 PM »
WOW the photos are great Wade . It is always nicer where you want to live then the place you actually live ... I LOVE Myrtle Beach. Our friends have a house in a nice small area just outside of the main tourist area . Amazing how pretty it is there .

Offline Robert T Ackerman

• SPAGHETT!
  • Global Moderator
  • Green Lantern
  • "The Grammar Hammer!"
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2009, 11:19:50 PM »
Looks like a real awesome place Wade, I had no idea you were even going there. Lagoon looks like an awesome park and it stinks you missed it. What are the odds of you ever living out there?

Yeah, that sucks about Chiller...I hate to see it like that. Hey, so we should get a group picture or something ok. I'll call you later!

Offline Ogolo

• Rolling Thunder
« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2009, 06:44:31 AM »
Amazing how close you can get to the wild life in Utah  ;).
I've always wanted to visit Moab.
You should start a page that tracks your travels.