Welcome, Guest

Latest 20 Shouts

Current Weather

SIX Stock

Author Topic: best coasters at hershey park?  (Read 5726 times)

Offline justintime2989

best coasters at hershey park?
« on: June 06, 2009, 02:54:36 PM »
hey im going on a trip on tuesday to go to hershey park and wondering what should i make my order on going on the coasters?

Offline Robert T Ackerman

• SPAGHETT!
  • Global Moderator
  • Green Lantern
  • "The Grammar Hammer!"
Re: best coasters at hershey park?
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2009, 03:09:30 PM »
If you get there at opening, I'd suggest going to the back of the park and working your way to the front. The new coaster might get a line quick if it opens with the park so just go there on the way to the back, then stop at Wild Mouse, then go at your own pace for the rest of the day.

Yeah, that sucks about Chiller...I hate to see it like that. Hey, so we should get a group picture or something ok. I'll call you later!

Offline overlord

• Graphc Designer
  • Administrator
  • Green Lantern
  • Batman has no limits.
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2009, 10:34:54 PM »
I say do Storm Runner first then do a single rider for Fahrenheit if the line is long for it. Everything else should is really the same wait after those two.

Offline dkny6363

• Batman The Ride
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2009, 01:26:52 AM »
Just don't do SDL, Great Bear Or comet first....
Farenheit, and storm runner in the morning.
You can back and forth Lightning racer, and Wildcat all night long... No lines at night.
PS get the pulled pork in the bbq section.

Offline armystrong62b

• Balin's Jungleland
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2009, 01:50:55 PM »
def do farenheit when the park opens as long as it opens with the park, and try to get storm runner right after those lines get long real quick. after that working from back to front is definately a good plan as in my experience there, peoeple hit the first coasters they see, being the comet, great bear, sdl.
if it doesn't make my cheeks flap when I ride it, then I don't care!

Offline justintime2989

« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2009, 06:19:56 PM »
ok thanks you guys, i think we will be getting there near opening and was proubly going to do farheight first then work the way back from there from your advice

Offline kingdakafan

• Movietown Water Effect
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2009, 11:30:45 AM »
Personally when I went there Farennheight and Storm Runner had 2 and 1 and half hour waits. So probably you want to ride the wildcat side of the park first.

Intamin rhymes with win for a reason!

Offline nitrorox1414

• Blackbeard's Lost Treasure Train
  • Arms Down Head Back Hold On!!!
« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2009, 01:17:47 AM »
Do not go on the Roller Soacker I waited two hours for stupid crap!

« Last Edit: June 10, 2009, 01:20:39 AM by nitrorox1414 »

Offline armystrong62b

• Balin's Jungleland
« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2009, 02:09:55 AM »
rollersoaker is epic fail in my book, love the idea, but its just a bad ride to me

Offline darkridedan

• Affiliate
  • Great American Scream Machine
    • My Smugmug Gallery
« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2009, 07:00:08 AM »
Rollersoaker is allot of fun but Failenheight sure blows. Great Bear and Sooperdooperlooper are my favorite coasters there. Comet and Wildcat can be fun if conditions are right but Lightning Racer is way over rated; It has a nice drop on one side though.
Prepare to weather the storm!
ROLLING THUNDER

Offline AV Matt

• Kingda Ka
  • I'm the guy that looks like me.
    • Coaster-Count.com
« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2009, 01:15:48 PM »
Don't listen to Dan about Lightning Racer; the nice drop is identical on both sides and there's more than one. :D Just be sure to ride in the backseat. I don't think it's overrated. It's just a fun coaster, but not intense.

I found that the only way to get airtime on Wildcst with the new trains is to ride up front. The back used to be wicked, but now it's not too exciting.

But form your own opinion. Who cares what anyone else thinks. Just get Fahrenheit out of the way early as it will have the longest line. You can until evening for Roller Soaker, otherwise get it done early as well.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2009, 07:06:05 PM by AV Matt »

Offline armystrong62b

• Balin's Jungleland
« Reply #11 on: June 10, 2009, 01:29:36 PM »
in all honesty i think the best ride at hershey would be great bear, at night, front row. thats just an amazing ride to me. lightning racer is a fun coaster on both sides, but is still a solid ride

Offline kingdakafan

• Movietown Water Effect
« Reply #12 on: June 10, 2009, 01:50:43 PM »
Farenheight would send Great Bear scurrying away with its tail in between its legs any day. ;D

Intamin rhymes with win for a reason!

Offline armystrong62b

• Balin's Jungleland
« Reply #13 on: June 10, 2009, 02:03:23 PM »
thats just in my opion, farenheight is a great ride not taking anything from it. but in my opion great bear , front row, at night is the best ride there

Offline AV Matt

• Kingda Ka
    • Coaster-Count.com
« Reply #14 on: June 10, 2009, 07:11:11 PM »
Several of us don't find Fahrenheit all that special, and  much prefer several other coasters at Hershey. IMO, it's the seventh best coaster at the park; unless you count Lightning Racer twice, then it's the 8th best.

Offline nitrorox1414

• Blackbeard's Lost Treasure Train
  • Arms Down Head Back Hold On!!!
« Reply #15 on: June 10, 2009, 09:15:11 PM »
Rollersoaker is allot of fun
I waited two hours for that!!!!

Offline dkny6363

• Batman The Ride
« Reply #16 on: June 10, 2009, 11:48:27 PM »
Several of us don't find Fahrenheit all that special, and  much prefer several other coasters at Hershey. IMO, it's the seventh best coaster at the park; unless you count Lightning Racer twice, then it's the 8th best.
7Th Best? Are you serious....
Storm Runner, Lightning Racer of course. Great Bear, Wild Cat maybe. Comet, Sooperdooperloper? Don't think so... Farenheit isn't amazing but it is real good. A b+ if you would.

• SPAGHETT!
  • Global Moderator
  • Green Lantern
  • "The Grammar Hammer!"
« Reply #17 on: June 11, 2009, 01:43:20 AM »
Storm Runner, LR, Sooperdooperlooper, Great Bear, Wild Mouse, Wildcat... that might make it 8th for me if you count LR twice.

Yeah, that sucks about Chiller...I hate to see it like that. Hey, so we should get a group picture or something ok. I'll call you later!

Offline coastersue

• Spinmeister
« Reply #18 on: June 11, 2009, 07:02:21 AM »
Rollersoaker is allot of fun but Failenheight sure blows. Great Bear and Sooperdooperlooper are my favorite coasters there. Comet and Wildcat can be fun if conditions are right but Lightning Racer is way over rated; It has a nice drop on one side though.

I agree with you, Dan.  Lightning Racer is extremely over rated and Farenheit is just blah.  Comet and Great Bear are far and away the best coasters at Hershey.

Offline AV Matt

• Kingda Ka
    • Coaster-Count.com
« Reply #19 on: June 11, 2009, 12:56:51 PM »
I'm not saying Lightning Racer is great, but how is it overrated? I've never heard the masses rave about it. Other than a few individuals who love it, who is this massive audience that rates it so high to warrant it being "overrated"? I've never found it to be rated exceptionally well by the enthusiast community. That said it blows away Fahrenheit!

• SPAGHETT!
  • Global Moderator
  • Green Lantern
  • "The Grammar Hammer!"
« Reply #20 on: June 11, 2009, 02:26:29 PM »
It just shows up on a lot of top 10's in the Norhteast area because a lot of "new to the game" coaster riders haven't been to too many other parks with good wood. LR is a fun ride, nothing outstanding but certainly warrants at least a 6 on 1-10 scale in my book (not that my book matter :) ) It is a GCI so it looses points automatically from me :)

Offline WadeJ

• Administrator
  • Green Lantern
    • GadvOutpost
« Reply #21 on: June 11, 2009, 05:44:33 PM »
Lightning Racer was probably also a better addition to the park than Farhenheit cost vs roi wise. Well, and most likely reliability wise also lol. I love LR for what it is - good fun!

Offline dkny6363

• Batman The Ride
« Reply #22 on: June 12, 2009, 01:03:39 AM »
I've got a point thats about to make you say "true that"

Lightning racer is as overrated as storm runner is underrated.
Which is to say moderatly but noticable.

Back to Farenheit.... it is kinda blah.. hard to say why, I think maybe too much put into inversions, and gimicks (lift hill+97 deg drop) Its fun but nothing special.

Hershey Is great though... and not just for coasters. It combines a modern park with a clasic feel. Great Place.