Welcome, Guest

Latest 20 Shouts

Current Weather

SIX Stock

Author Topic: Current condition of Montu?  (Read 1128 times)

Offline WadeJ

• Administrator
  • Green Lantern
    • GadvOutpost
Current condition of Montu?
« on: July 18, 2009, 09:23:54 AM »
I was curious if anybody on here has ridden Montu in the last month or two.  I was going to write a full trip report of my time there when I hit up Manta as well but life and work and have consumed my PC time.

Anyway, the good news is that Kumba was freaking awesome.  I think we rerode Kumba over 10 times and each one seemed better and better.  Unfortunately, Montu, which was in my top 5, seemed stale.  It was like half the wheels on the train didn't want to spin openly.  It would have good moments and was still smooth (for an invert of that size) but it felt like the brakes were on after each element.  Almost like it was running out of gas.  I'm well aware of where the brakes are located on it and that wasn't a factor.  They were barely grabbing.  And the worst areas were no where near them anyway.

Was it just a bad week or have others had similar rides?

Offline Robert T Ackerman

• SPAGHETT!
  • Global Moderator
  • Green Lantern
  • "The Grammar Hammer!"
Re: Current condition of Montu?
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2009, 12:30:46 PM »
^I'm heading there tomorrow (Sunday)

I'll be sure to give a ride as long as the line isn't over 90 minutes like last time :)

But my last few rides on it were the best I've ever had on it. I think that was sometime in April?

Yeah, that sucks about Chiller...I hate to see it like that. Hey, so we should get a group picture or something ok. I'll call you later!