Welcome, Guest

Latest 20 Shouts

Current Weather

SIX Stock

Author Topic: "Why Is Six Flags Targeting Kids With A Creepy Old Guy?"  (Read 1821 times)

Offline GADVwow

• Kingda Ka
"Why Is Six Flags Targeting Kids With A Creepy Old Guy?"
« on: July 25, 2009, 07:28:58 AM »
...The new commercials are receiving scathing reviews. "It's a pretty miserable piece of advertising," says Barbara Lippert, a critic for Adweek, the trade publication. "It's as dumb as can be, and talks down to us. He's like an Elmer Fudd who never made it out into the country." Every moment of a 30-sec. spot is valuable. Why sacrifice precious time to a character with no natural connection to an amusement park? And how exactly does a creepy old man in a bow tie appeal to the kids that drive Six Flags' business? "I don't think many 11-year-olds relate to George Burns types," says Lippert. Hey, don't insult a late, great funnyman by comparing him to Mr. Six.

Six Flags has talked to parents, Vieira Barocas insists. And for the most part, their children give Mr. Six rave reviews. "It's not about his age," she says. "It's about his spirit." According to the company, market research shows Mr. Six has fans of all ages. "We know he's a polarizing character," Vieira Barocas says. "But on any day I would rather that someone have an opinion about us and our brand than for him to just melt into the background with all the other advertising that is out there. Would I prefer that you and other critics find him appealing? Absolutely. But I will take the fact that you notice, that you hear our message and that you have a point of view."...

http://www.time.com/time/business/article/0,8599,1912454,00.html

There is much more at the link....and well worth reading...

Offline themeparkrider

• Balin's Jungleland
  • More Flags, More Fun!
    • ThemeParkRider
Re: "Why Is Six Flags Targeting Kids With A Creepy Old Guy?"
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2009, 11:00:48 PM »
Well,
 Speaking of Mr. Six, come check out this fan video of the Fun-O-Meter on my site I made.

http://themeparkrider.webs.com/apps/videos/
-themeparkrider-

Offline Blackhand1001

• Global Moderator
  • Houdini's Great Escape
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2009, 02:00:32 PM »
This lady has issues. Mr. Six is very like by the public and he's one of the most famous tv advertising icons. Just look at how popular the meet Mr. Six at the front of the park is.

Offline themeparkrider

• Balin's Jungleland
  • More Flags, More Fun!
    • ThemeParkRider
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2009, 02:22:59 PM »
Yea, I know

Also, the next generation of the Fun-o-Meter is on the site: http://themeparkrider.webs.com/apps/videos/videos/view/4802939-fun-o-meter-2-0

Enjoy! Don't forget to watch the original while your at it!
« Last Edit: September 02, 2009, 09:35:56 AM by themeparkrider »
-themeparkrider-