Welcome, Guest

Latest 20 Shouts

Current Weather

SIX Stock

Author Topic: Newbie to GA -- First Trip  (Read 1029 times)

Offline emmaxoxo

Newbie to GA -- First Trip
« on: July 29, 2009, 04:29:19 PM »
We're in NYC for a week, our second visit (29 Aug - 5 Sept) from the UK. We're interested in maybe a day trip to Six Flags (rollercoaster junkies). We plan on renting a car from Jersey City, NJ and driving ourselves (we are used to driving the states)

Though is it worth it? -- There seems to be some very mixed reviews, about the park. Teens jumping queues, waiting in line forever, etc... We mainly just want to do the big thrill rides; Nitro, Superman, Bizarro, Batman, Great American Scream Machine, Rolling Thunder, El Toro and the new Kingda Ka (which sounds like its never open).

Do you think we will be able to do all the 13 coasters in a day?

What's the run down of the best rides? And ones to miss if we don't have the time? Which get the busiest? And which usually have the shortest wait times?

Or will we have to buy the flashpass (which seems like a total rip off), as it's the end of summer, so I don't know whether the park will be packed with kids enjoying there last days of summer before school.

What day you do suggest going -- I presume a weekday will be the quietest, but any in particular?   

We will arrive at the park from opening, and probably start at the back of the park and work our way round.

Does anyone have any advice, tips or touring plans, so we will be able to get all the coasters done?

Also I found out today, there is a Jackson Premium Outlets close to GA -- is this outlet any good, value for money, good range of stock/goods?

Sorry about all the questions, thank you :)

Offline armystrong62b

• Balin's Jungleland
Re: Newbie to GA -- First Trip
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2009, 05:15:46 PM »
id say a visit is totally worth it. i myself usually go fridays and saturdays, even though busy i manage to hit every coaster thats open in the park. my advice would be to get there as earlyer as possible so your close to the front of the lines at open, start at el toro first, then bizzaro, rolling thunder if you want,the head towards movie town, after that ive never really had a problem with waits more then 20 minutes. as the oark gets around 8ish and people start to leave, i would adivse doing night rides on nitro and el toro in the back as it is simply amazing. im sure the other guys can add alot more info for you but thats my 2 cents. but id by a miracle kingda ka is open, try to do it early in the day, or later at night
if it doesn't make my cheeks flap when I ride it, then I don't care!