Welcome, Guest

Latest 20 Shouts

Current Weather

SIX Stock

Author Topic: Great Adventure....At Night!  (Read 1490 times)

Offline themeparkrider

• Balin's Jungleland
  • More Flags, More Fun!
    • ThemeParkRider
Great Adventure....At Night!
« on: August 04, 2009, 03:23:08 PM »
Hi,
   Unfortunately, I don't have any pictures for this trip. :( I went to Great Adventure with my family Sunday (the 4th) at around 6:00. Instead of parking across from Superman, we parked towards the bus stop. There was only one gate opened at the entrance, signaling that it wasn't crowded. We had came after it rained. The Skyway wasn't opened either. I decided to go on the Tea Cups. We walked right in, and waited IN our vehicle. The ride was longer this time, and the operator was very nice. Then, we headed off towards the Runaway Mine Train. It was literally a walk on. After,around 6:15, we headed to Bizarro. There was a small line at the steps, but not more than 5 minutes. ;D This was the first time I actually got wet on Bizarro! It was very refreshing. So after, I went on RT with my dad. We knew the best spot was in the front, so we sat there. Plaza del Carnival had no food stands running.
    A little before 6:40 my family and I went on the Treasure Train. Again, about a 3 minute wait. At 6:45, I went on Fantasy Fling. That was a good ride! I loved it when the operater turned the lights on and off in the dark! About 5 minutes later I went to Skull Mountain. There wasn't a line. Infact, my Dad and I sat in the very back, and we were the only people on! It was spooky. Then, we went to Nitro. So far, that was the only line we waited long for. The front was great, but I prefer the back because the front stalls on the drops. :o It was still great, even at night. Around 7:30 I got a bite to eat. Then we watched the end of The Glow in the Park parade. That was a fun experience. Right as the rope was cut, my family and I dashed to for The Dark Knight Coaster. There was nothing interesting  about that. Before the park closed I went on the Big Wheel. The last thing we did was stop for desert at the Cyber Cafe, just as they were closing. People were knocking on the door, trying to get in! We ALL ate crepes. Finally we left, just before it got crowded at the parking lot. I had a fun time. ;)
-themeparkrider-