Welcome, Guest

Latest 20 Shouts

Current Weather

SIX Stock

Author Topic: Golden Tickets 2009 WINNERS  (Read 7747 times)

Offline B-mac

• Nitro
Re: Golden Tickets 2009 WINNERS
« Reply #25 on: September 17, 2009, 03:50:52 PM »
El toro can't be the powerhouse of the park. Take Cedar point for example, they have many great rides, Millenium force, magnum-200, Beast, son of beast, top thrill. None of these rides over shadow one another. At GA, Kingd ka is what a lot of people try to ride. El Toro is second after that. And when both of them are closed, however rare that is, Nitro moves to the ride of the day

Offline WadeJ

• Administrator
  • Green Lantern
    • GadvOutpost
« Reply #26 on: September 17, 2009, 04:18:36 PM »
Beast and it's son a bit further south ;)

Offline Steve

• Administrator
  • El Toro
« Reply #27 on: September 17, 2009, 04:18:51 PM »
Beast and Son of Beast are at Kings Island.

Offline B-mac

• Nitro
« Reply #28 on: September 17, 2009, 06:00:50 PM »
Oops

Offline jimmybjammin

• Raja's Rickshaws
« Reply #29 on: September 18, 2009, 08:32:24 PM »
Very interesting answers. So if i decide to join ACE now, 20 years from now I might be worthy of one of those multi choice ballots which may still not list GA. :D
I wonder if GA added what CP has collected, if would we be worthy of being listed in the top 5, essentially a beach with jetskiis, a thousand seagulls for atmosphere, a few hotels of different themes, an indoor water park which is not include with a season pass, 20 flat rides, and several shows a day.. I really liked Saturday night light's more than CP's. CP's night show just seemed cheap in comparison.

Offline darkridedan

• Affiliate
  • Great American Scream Machine
    • My Smugmug Gallery
« Reply #30 on: September 18, 2009, 10:35:24 PM »
After being at Santa Cruz two days ago and hangin out for quite a while, I just can't even come close to understanding how they got the top spot.  I just don't get it...

They has dark ride. Sounds like epic win! ;)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=31R_tEFQm0M#noexternalembed&hl=en&fs=1&border=1
Prepare to weather the storm!
ROLLING THUNDER

Offline WadeJ

• Administrator
  • Green Lantern
    • GadvOutpost
« Reply #31 on: September 19, 2009, 08:22:13 PM »
LOL  Yeah, but didn't they just tear down a fan favorite to build a "better" one?

Seriously though, it was concrete and last time I checked boardwalks were made of wood and Wildwood is easily quadruple the size with way more ride offerings.

Oh well.. I wasn't there when it was open so who am I to say lol.  The place probably has a personality when it's actually open and that's what I was missing.

Offline dkny6363

• Batman The Ride
« Reply #32 on: September 19, 2009, 09:11:35 PM »
I'm far from Cedar Point's biggest fan, but Great Adventure has no chance of beating CP in this popularity contest. Cap's location, ride collection, operations, and overall atmosphere, not to mention the insane publicity they get from all of those shows, make it tough to beat. Great Adventure has virtually nothing on them. El Tori is better than Mean Streak and Gav has an awesome flume, but that's about it in comparison.

You can't compare Mean Streak to El Tori when comparing these two parks. Even though they are the two woods. You have to compare it to millennium force which ad mittidly it still beats. But where CP beats out SFGA in coasters is the depth they have. Examine.

El Tori           Millennium Force
Nitro             Maverick
Ka                TTD
Bizarro           Raptor
Suf               Magnum
Batman            Wicked Twister

NOW! these are not in order but it gives you a sense of how the top 6 to some degree cancel each other out. Now do the next couple.

GASM              Mantis
RT                Gemini
Dark Night        Blue Streak
Skull MT.         Mean Streak
Runaway           Iron Dragon
Blackbeard        Corkscrew
                  Disaster Transprot
                  Wildcat
                  Mine Ride

As you see the depth of CP kills SFGA and then there is all the other stuff Matts talking about on top of that. Just the feeling of excitement you get when you hit the causeway alone is unreal. The one area I think CP really could step up is food. I hate eating there. Also a wood coaster. or fix Mean streak. Personally I would love to see them re build it where it sits due to I love its location. A long line extending past the train stop would be crazy. Also CP will have the better flume as of next year. Believe that.

« Last Edit: September 19, 2009, 09:15:51 PM by dkny6363 »

Offline kingdakafan

• Movietown Water Effect
« Reply #33 on: September 19, 2009, 09:38:27 PM »
el toro and nitro pwn ftw, roflmao... :D
« Last Edit: September 19, 2009, 09:40:16 PM by kingdakafan »

Intamin rhymes with win for a reason!

Offline PcMan

• Kingda Ka
  • Yo
    • techhi.net
« Reply #34 on: September 19, 2009, 10:59:23 PM »
Very interesting answers. So if i decide to join ACE now, 20 years from now I might be worthy of one of those multi choice ballots which may still not list GA.

I been an ACE member since around 1986-87  (to lazy to check)  and I never got a ballot.
but I'm not much of a "coaster traveler"  but really that doesn't matter maybe its who you know ? 
Also Matt is a very lovable guy   :) and knows his coasters and if I got one I would trust his picks before mine  ::)  ;D :D ;)

I was Just in Wildwood Today Sat Setp.19th and it was mobbed like summertime. rode a short tram car for a few hours
below pic totally unrelated to this topic  Unless filming a Movie in Wildwood is related  \/

« Last Edit: September 19, 2009, 11:07:04 PM by PcMan »
Yo

Offline kingdakafan

• Movietown Water Effect
« Reply #35 on: September 20, 2009, 08:34:37 AM »
cool!

Intamin rhymes with win for a reason!