Welcome, Guest

Latest 20 Shouts

Current Weather

SIX Stock

Author Topic: Fright Fest Events!  (Read 7122 times)

Offline jglonek

• Administrator
  • Kingda Ka
  • It's simple, we, uh, kill the Batman.
    • http://www.gadvoutpost.com
Fright Fest Events!
« on: September 22, 2009, 03:28:48 PM »
So I just got my first Funatics email today (where the rest have been all season with coupons is beyond me..) and it discusses Fall Family Fun Night (this Friday 5-10!), and the last Saturday Night Lights of the year (this Saturday!), but it also has a link to part of the official Great Adventure site that has the shows and events for this year's Fright Fest!

You can see it all here, but I'll list it out below:

Fright Fest - Dawn of the Dead & Local Shows
Live music from local bands. 45 minutes. Location: Bone Butcher Terror-Tory - Runaway Country stage. Showtimes: Saturday. Sunday, Monday: 1:00, 2:15, 3:30.

Fright Fest - Dead & Local Music Showcase Shows
Live & Local takes a sinister turn with dark, local rockers. 45 minutes. See band roster at stage. Location: Lakefront - Festival Stage. Showtimes: Friday - Sunday 7:15, 8:30. Friday - Saturday 10:00.

Fright Fest - Dead Man’s Party Shows
The 10th anniversary of Halloween’s most spectacular party features amazing song, dance and special effects. 20 minutes. Location: Fantasy Forest - Big Wheel. Showtimes: 6:15, 7:45, Friday - Sunday 9:30, Friday - Saturday 10:45.

Fright Fest - Dolphin Discovery:Shiver Me Flippers Shows
Join dolphins, sea lions and pirates for this high seas misadventure. 20 minutes. Location: Main Street - Fort Independence. Showtimes: Saturday - Monday: 2:30, 4:30.

Fright Fest - Get Ready to Wiggle Halloween Show Shows
Enjoy spooky fun with your favorite Wiggles friends. 20 minutes. Location: Wiggles World Theater. Showtimes: Saturday. Sunday, Monday: 12:00, 1:30, 3:00, 4:30.

Fright Fest - Haunted Midways Shows
Continuous after 6:30 pm

Freaky Forest & The Bloody Fountain
Run the gauntlet through the evil undead. Location: Main Street Fountain and Fantasy Forest.

Lakefront Graveyard
Restless spirits roam this dark cemetery and evil lurks around every corner. Location: Lakefront, behind Tea Cups.

Circus Psycho
Demented clowns and circus freaks haunt the gaming midways. Location: Boardwalk.

Fright Fest - Hypnosteria Shows
An amazing mentalist/comic hypnotist. 45 minutes. Location: Showcase Theater, Movietown. Showtimes: Saturday - Monday  4:30, 7:00. Friday - Sunday* 8:30. Friday - Saturday 10:00. *Sunday, October 11 and 18, 8:30 only.

Fright Fest - Kidz Scary-oke! Shows
NEW — Kids can star in this karaoke show of Halloween hits. Location: Next to Big Wheel. Showtimes: Saturday -Monday: 3:15, 5:15

Fright Fest - MIB: Predators vs. Aliens Shows
NEW — Watch as the Men in Blue and their brave tiger team battle intergalactic evildoers. 20 minutes. Location: Golden Kingdom - Temple of the Tiger. Showtime: 7:30.

Fright Fest - Monster Mash Bash Shows
Monster Mash Bash-A Tale of Love at First Fright. Don’t miss the most famous monsters of Halloween in this all-new musical comedy featuring hits by Black Eyed Peas, Beyoncé, Michael Jackson, Sean Kingston and more. 15 minutes. Location: Bugs Bunny National Park. Showtimes: Saturday, Sunday, Monday:  2:00, 3:30, 5:00.

Fright Fest - Mr. Six Spooktacular Street Party Shows
NEW — Get your ghoulish groove on with our creepy crew as they dance to some classic Halloween tunes, and kids can show off their terror-ific Halloween costumes. Location: Main Street Fountain. Showtimes: Saturday - Monday: 12:00, 1:30, 3:00

Fright Fest - Professor Slither’s Creepy Critters Shows
Join Professor Slithers and his ghoulish gang as they conjure up the creepiest of critters like rats, bats, snakes, spiders and more. 20 minutes. Location: Main Street - Liberty Scare Gazeboo. Showtimes: Saturday - Monday: 12:30, 2:00, 3:30, 5:00.

Fright Fest - Professor Zombini’s Freak Show Shows
Back by popular demand. Amazing feats of oddity straight from Coney Island. 15 minutes. Location: Circus Psycho/Boardwalk by ErUPtion. Showtimes: Friday - Sunday 7:00, 8:00, 9:00. Friday - Saturday 10:00.

Fright Fest - Spooktactular Rides Shows
Elvira’s Superstition
Join Elvira on her hilarious “scream park” ride simulator. Under 42” must ride with adult. Location: Circus Psycho/Boardwalk. Showtimes: continuous.

Fright Fest - Team Tiger: The Jungle Rumble Shows
Exciting tiger show featuring animal athleticism and education. 20 minutes. Location: The Golden Kingdom - Temple of the Tiger. Showtimes: Saturday. Sunday, Monday: 2:00, 5:00.

Fright Fest - Terror Trails Shows
Continuous after 7:00 pm. Fee to enter.

Demented Forest
Encounter bizarre creatures in this fantasy gone horribly wrong. Location: Next to Looney Tunes Screamport - Congo Rapids.

Escape from the Asylum
You become the mental patient trying to break free from the insanity and evil down every hall. Location: Movietown, across from Showcase Theater. Not available Monday.

Fright Fest - The Awakening Shows
Witness the park’s transformation to “fright by night” with resurrection of Dr. Fright. 10 minutes. Location: Fantasy Forest - Big Wheel. Showtime: 6 p.m.

Fright Fest - The Ghoulmaster’s Ghosts Shows
NEW — Catch the sinister Ghoulmaster as he summons specters for a haunted dance party. Location: Bloody Fountain, Main Street. Showtimes: Spontaneously erupts hourly after 7:30.

Fright Fest - Trick-or-Treat Trail Shows
Kids can receive sweet treats while visiting with their favorite LOONEY TUNES pals. Location: Fantasy Forest, next to Character Café. Showtimes: Saturday - Monday: 12:00 to 5:30.

Fright Fest - Voyage to Voodoo Island Shows
Enchanted dolphins and silly sea lions encounter Halloween hijinks on the high seas. 20 minutes. Location: Fort Independence. Showtimes: 6:45pm

Fright Fest - Wheel of Fright Shows
Our horrific hosts invite guests to spin the wheel and test their bravery (and gag reflex) for great prizes. Location: Fantasy Forest - adjacent to Big Wheel/Turbo Bungy. Showtimes: Friday - Monday 7:15, Friday - Sunday 8:30.

Fright Fest - Zambora Shows
Watch as the beautiful Zambora of the Amazon transforms into a ferocious gorilla beast. 10 minutes. Location: Circus Psycho/Boardwalk - next to Elvira’s Superstition. Showtimes: Friday - Sunday continuous after 7pm.

Some notes from me:

- Great to see Dead Man's Party back. That's the main reason I (and I think a lot of others) go to Fright Fest. I hope they bring back "Bring Me to Life" as the opening song!

- A lot of the stuff from previous years seems to be back. Terror trails, local music shows, lakefront graveyard, circus psycho, the Freak Show, the aWAKEning, Wheel of Fright, Zambora.

- Sounds like they may try giving the fountain area more going on again. It's been kind of empty since they got rid of a lot of the hearses.

- No hayride again this year it seems?

- Some new things for the kids during the day this year, which should be good.

- They changed the tiger show theme. No more marshmallow man! But this could be interesting too.

- I'm wondering how the Goulmaster's Ghosts Shows will differentiate themselves from Dead Man's Party

- I'm nervous about Hypnosteria. Last year when I went Denny More was not there, some other guy was, and man, it was definitely not as funny, at all.

I just looked at Denny More's website (www.dennymore.com for anyone who wants to hire him for a party! I can only imagine..) and it says "Denny More will not be appearing in the show on October 30, 31 & November 1. Filling in will be hypnotist Bill Pettek."

So it look slike I'm penciling that in for October 3rd when I go! And I need to make a list for the rest of this too, so much to do and see!

And I hope there are more ghouls this year. When I went last year it was pretty sparse, although I think I heard that improved towards the end?
« Last Edit: September 22, 2009, 03:38:36 PM by jglonek »

Offline B-mac

• Nitro
Re: Fright Fest Events!
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2009, 03:31:38 PM »
WAY Too many shows this year. But the asylum sounds cool
« Last Edit: September 22, 2009, 03:34:09 PM by B-mac »

Offline WadeJ

• Administrator
  • Green Lantern
    • GadvOutpost
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2009, 03:42:56 PM »
LOL  Well, that just saved me a lot of typing.  It's the exact same info that came with the media info lol

Offline B-mac

• Nitro
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2009, 04:04:00 PM »
Well, they have more zombies, right? I also want the chainsaws back.

Offline kingdakafan

• Movietown Water Effect
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2009, 11:05:32 AM »
Great to see Dead Man's Party back. That's the main reason I (and I think a lot of others) go to Fright Fest. I hope they bring back "Bring Me to Life" as the opening song!
WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT?!?!? THRILLER NEEDS TO BE THE OPENING SONG,WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU?!?!?!?!?!

Intamin rhymes with win for a reason!

Offline Steve

• Administrator
  • El Toro
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2009, 12:03:17 PM »
No, not the Awakening, Dead Mans Party itself.

Offline B-mac

• Nitro
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2009, 03:12:22 PM »
Why thriller? Why not Stairway to heaven?

Offline jglonek

• Administrator
  • Kingda Ka
« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2009, 03:25:44 PM »
Bring me to Life fit the idea of Dead Man's Party perfectly. A lot better than Rama Llama or whatever they have been using the past two years lol

Offline B-mac

• Nitro
« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2009, 03:49:04 PM »
Copyright issues i guess. If so, it seems less severe than the twisted sisters thing.

Offline overlord

• Graphc Designer
  • Administrator
  • Green Lantern
  • Batman has no limits.
« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2009, 03:52:52 PM »
Bring me to Life > Rama Llama Dama Obama

Offline B-mac

• Nitro
« Reply #10 on: September 23, 2009, 05:17:37 PM »
It's good to see everyone is starting to hate the prez.

Offline kingdakafan

• Movietown Water Effect
« Reply #11 on: September 23, 2009, 06:12:03 PM »
nobama!

Offline overlord

• Graphc Designer
  • Administrator
  • Green Lantern
  • Batman has no limits.
« Reply #12 on: September 24, 2009, 09:29:27 AM »
Lets not get started on that please. Just stay on topic. This is not the place for it.

Offline jglonek

• Administrator
  • Kingda Ka
« Reply #13 on: September 24, 2009, 11:16:07 AM »
I need this schedule in a grid format HELP. Hmm

Offline jglonek

• Administrator
  • Kingda Ka
« Reply #14 on: September 24, 2009, 11:27:04 AM »
Here we go! So much better!

Offline PcMan

• Kingda Ka
  • Yo
    • techhi.net
« Reply #15 on: September 24, 2009, 02:00:35 PM »
this looks NEW

Escape from the Asylum
You become the mental patient trying to break free from the insanity and evil down every hall. Location: Movietown, across from Showcase Theater.

Looks like it maybe inside the Chiller building ?
or is it that small building they used with a couple rooms ? on the same side as the theater ?
Yo

Offline B-mac

• Nitro
« Reply #16 on: September 24, 2009, 02:33:10 PM »
Sounds like they're taking the idea from the scream factory in philly. Except its probably free and there's no get your $30 back if you make it through all the floors.

Offline rjholla2003

• Admini-what?!
  • Administrator
  • Kingda Ka
  • Ehh, What's Up Doc!
« Reply #17 on: September 24, 2009, 02:35:35 PM »
That was there last year.
Peep the concept, you've got progress, you've got congress
We protest in hopes they confess, just proceed on your conquest
I ain't got no gavel, I ain't finna fight nobody battle
I just wanna be free, I ain't finna be nobody's chattel

Offline B-mac

• Nitro
« Reply #18 on: September 24, 2009, 02:38:21 PM »
Really? I went there five times last year during fright fest and never heard about it.

Offline kingdakafan

• Movietown Water Effect
« Reply #19 on: September 24, 2009, 02:40:30 PM »
Sounds like they're taking the idea from the scream factory in philly. Except its probably free and there's no get your $30 back if you make it through all the floors.

its not free.

Offline B-mac

• Nitro
« Reply #20 on: September 24, 2009, 02:52:21 PM »
How much is it then?

Offline redlafrance

• Balin's Jungleland
« Reply #21 on: September 24, 2009, 03:19:24 PM »
Well I think I will be taking 5 out of 6 GS into the  Asylum!
And I agree they need to change the opening song of DEad Man's Party back.

Offline jglonek

• Administrator
  • Kingda Ka
« Reply #22 on: September 24, 2009, 03:21:31 PM »
I'm not sure how much it is, but yeah it was there last year. It's in Chiller's station.

Offline B-mac

• Nitro
« Reply #23 on: September 24, 2009, 03:35:34 PM »
Well it's good to see they're using it for something. I thought it was just a decoration after they removed the chiller.

Offline rjholla2003

• Admini-what?!
  • Administrator
  • Kingda Ka
  • Ehh, What's Up Doc!
« Reply #24 on: September 24, 2009, 04:50:40 PM »
To be more accurate, it's behind the Chiller station, lol.  The Terror Trails costs $5.
Peep the concept, you've got progress, you've got congress
We protest in hopes they confess, just proceed on your conquest
I ain't got no gavel, I ain't finna fight nobody battle
I just wanna be free, I ain't finna be nobody's chattel