Welcome, Guest

Latest 20 Shouts

Current Weather

SIX Stock

Author Topic: $14 Parking At WDW  (Read 1793 times)

Offline GADVwow

• Kingda Ka
$14 Parking At WDW
« on: October 05, 2009, 09:18:22 PM »

Walt Disney World Resort raised its parking rates $2 from $12 to $14 starting Oct. 4, said company officials.

The rate increase is “part of the normal course of doing business. We regularly evaluate and adjust our pricing,” said Zoraya Suarez, manager of media relations at Walt Disney World, via e-mail.

In addition, “guests staying at our Disney resort hotels and annual pass holders will continue to receive complimentary parking,” Suarez added....

http://orlando.bizjournals.com/orlando/stories/2009/10/05/daily12.html

Offline AV Matt

• Kingda Ka
  • I'm the guy that looks like me.
    • Coaster-Count.com
Re: $14 Parking At WDW
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2009, 09:26:41 PM »
Translation....  "Market research tells us we can get away with charging this much and not lose revenue."

I know, "duh," right? Pricing at Disney is something I don't really question. The experience is so much better than most any other park that it's not something to get upset about. Then there's the $350 a night resort hotel rooms, but I digress..."

Offline GADVwow

• Kingda Ka
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2009, 09:35:20 PM »
And if Cedar Fair, for example, thought it could get by with $25 parking, it would do so.  Some Six Flags parks already do...(see, for example, the available parking at Six Flags Over Texas...)

Offline AV Matt

• Kingda Ka
  • I'm the guy that looks like me.
    • Coaster-Count.com
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2009, 09:46:27 PM »
Yeah, but at those places, everyone groans about the pricing. At Disney, I imagine most people don't give it a thought. I get to ride the Monorail or a ferry over to the Magic Kingdom for less than I pay to walk at Six Flags.

Offline B-mac

• Nitro
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2009, 02:28:29 PM »
That's what I like about them. You pay one price for parking, and you can visit so many other places!

Offline WadeJ

• Administrator
  • Green Lantern
    • GadvOutpost
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2009, 05:05:19 PM »
Well, at Disney World, parking in itself gets you access to the monorail, resorts, restaurants, ferries and more without even needing to step foot into a park.  So for me, $14 is completely reasonable.  Plus, they always operate the trams and have it very well organized and in decent condition.

But then again, being that I have an AP I really don't care LOL.

Offline B-mac

• Nitro
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2009, 06:49:20 PM »
That and they're very clean.