Latest Updates > Questions Quirks & Complaints

Protesting Spunkiness!

(1/3) > >>

kingdakafan:
I dont really know how to start but, the spunkiness is really getting on my nerves. >:( We as posters have no say on what happens to our spunkiness. I dont think its fair. All you admins can just whallop away. I see some people like B-mac and myself making very long and descriptive posts and we get whalloped for it. and then all the admins have positive numbers. I dont like this one bit. Any who agree with me please speak.

B-mac:
Not to disagree with you, but I really don't care what my rating is.

The reason why they do the spunk rating is a balance so that nobody strays so far off topic on the forums that it just becomes a personal convo where everyone can see it (That's why they have PMs).

WadeJ:
Actually, the pointless 3 word posts have drastically decreased and as a result the conversations have become much more interesting. And for that, I thank you.  With that said, I wouldn't be all THAT concerned with it since part of the idea is simply to add some fun.  Nobody on here has been purposely wallop'ed that I can tell and even your numbers speak to that.  Otherwise, we'd be seeing spunk ratings over -50 LOL.

Continue posting thoughtful and creative posts, learn more and participate more and your numbers will continue to rise.  This site was built around the premise of being a community where people can actually learn something and make new friends.  We aren't trying to be mean or anything.  It's just that many of us have careers, families and such and really don't want to be bothered posting in a forum where crazy nonsense takes place.

Enjoy these boards.  We have an amazing group of knowledgeable people that participate and care; many of whom are even involved in the industry through various connections or ways and the last thing I want to see happen is have them shy away and stop posting because they grow tired of reading through pointless posts.

And finally, don't let the above discourage you from posting.  Let it be a reminder to think before you post.  Read it back out loud if you have to and see if it makes sense before clicking the post button.  All of our newer members are doing a MUCH better job and again, I thank you for that.  So keep improving and your spunk will go up to :D.

-W

Steve:
Actually, the current limit to be able to change someones spunk is 1000 posts. It is not Administrators changing everything.

B-mac:
So anyone with post amounts above 1000; like you, Rj, Jerry, and overlord can adjust spunk?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version