Welcome, Guest

Latest 20 Shouts

Current Weather

SIX Stock

Author Topic: Protesting Spunkiness!  (Read 6255 times)

Offline kingdakafan

• Movietown Water Effect
Protesting Spunkiness!
« on: October 13, 2009, 03:00:44 PM »
I dont really know how to start but, the spunkiness is really getting on my nerves. >:( We as posters have no say on what happens to our spunkiness. I dont think its fair. All you admins can just whallop away. I see some people like B-mac and myself making very long and descriptive posts and we get whalloped for it. and then all the admins have positive numbers. I dont like this one bit. Any who agree with me please speak.

Intamin rhymes with win for a reason!

Offline B-mac

• Nitro
Re: Protesting Spunkiness!
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2009, 03:30:58 PM »
Not to disagree with you, but I really don't care what my rating is.

The reason why they do the spunk rating is a balance so that nobody strays so far off topic on the forums that it just becomes a personal convo where everyone can see it (That's why they have PMs).

Offline WadeJ

• Administrator
  • Green Lantern
    • GadvOutpost
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2009, 04:14:14 PM »
Actually, the pointless 3 word posts have drastically decreased and as a result the conversations have become much more interesting. And for that, I thank you.  With that said, I wouldn't be all THAT concerned with it since part of the idea is simply to add some fun.  Nobody on here has been purposely wallop'ed that I can tell and even your numbers speak to that.  Otherwise, we'd be seeing spunk ratings over -50 LOL.

Continue posting thoughtful and creative posts, learn more and participate more and your numbers will continue to rise.  This site was built around the premise of being a community where people can actually learn something and make new friends.  We aren't trying to be mean or anything.  It's just that many of us have careers, families and such and really don't want to be bothered posting in a forum where crazy nonsense takes place.

Enjoy these boards.  We have an amazing group of knowledgeable people that participate and care; many of whom are even involved in the industry through various connections or ways and the last thing I want to see happen is have them shy away and stop posting because they grow tired of reading through pointless posts.

And finally, don't let the above discourage you from posting.  Let it be a reminder to think before you post.  Read it back out loud if you have to and see if it makes sense before clicking the post button.  All of our newer members are doing a MUCH better job and again, I thank you for that.  So keep improving and your spunk will go up to :D.

-W

Offline Steve

• Administrator
  • El Toro
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2009, 06:39:58 PM »
Actually, the current limit to be able to change someones spunk is 1000 posts. It is not Administrators changing everything.

Offline B-mac

• Nitro
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2009, 06:47:25 PM »
So anyone with post amounts above 1000; like you, Rj, Jerry, and overlord can adjust spunk?
« Last Edit: October 13, 2009, 06:53:22 PM by B-mac »

Offline rjholla2003

• Admini-what?!
  • Administrator
  • Kingda Ka
  • Ehh, What's Up Doc!
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2009, 07:08:24 PM »
...and ANYONE with over 1000 posts...
Peep the concept, you've got progress, you've got congress
We protest in hopes they confess, just proceed on your conquest
I ain't got no gavel, I ain't finna fight nobody battle
I just wanna be free, I ain't finna be nobody's chattel

Offline B-mac

• Nitro
« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2009, 07:23:06 PM »
So by a rough guess, around 15 people determine your spunk rating.

Offline rjholla2003

• Admini-what?!
  • Administrator
  • Kingda Ka
  • Ehh, What's Up Doc!
« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2009, 07:44:21 PM »
13, soon to be 14.
http://www.gadvoutpost.com/home.php?action=mlist;sort=posts;start=0

But the real question is, what does it matter?  Just post things that aren't a waste of time or gibberish and there's nothing to worry about. Don't worry so much about your spunk and your post count, and all will be well. :)

Offline Steve

• Administrator
  • El Toro
« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2009, 09:15:31 PM »
I just gave myself -10,000 spunk.

If it really is that big of a deal and you really take it personal, we can turn it off.

Offline GADVwow

• Kingda Ka
« Reply #9 on: October 13, 2009, 09:56:47 PM »

Hmmmmm.

We don't want people to post just to post (just to get their post count up).  Then we tell them if they have 1000 posts they can rate people for spunkiness.

Seems a bit counterproductive, counterintuitive and ironic, does it not?

Offline rjholla2003

• Admini-what?!
  • Administrator
  • Kingda Ka
  • Ehh, What's Up Doc!
« Reply #10 on: October 13, 2009, 10:24:01 PM »

Hmmmmm.

We don't want people to post just to post (just to get their post count up).  Then we tell them if they have 1000 posts they can rate people for spunkiness.

I stressed the 'anyone' because he made it seem as if us Admins and Mods were walloping them on purpose, then when it was pointed out that it was based on post count, listed Mods and Admins.

Besides, the pointless posting would only lead to lower spunk, deleted posts, and punishment...which some seem to fear as much as some fear a low post count or low spunk...

Offline overlord

• Graphc Designer
  • Administrator
  • Green Lantern
  • Batman has no limits.
« Reply #11 on: October 13, 2009, 11:26:13 PM »

Hmmmmm.

With the 1000 post requirement, it virtually takes away that urge to want to get that many posts just to increase each others spunk purely to increase it.

Offline B-mac

• Nitro
« Reply #12 on: October 14, 2009, 02:58:52 PM »
I just gave myself -10,000 spunk.

If it really is that big of a deal and you really take it personal, we can turn it off.

I don't take personally anymore. At first I did, but not anymore.

Offline JetzFan14

• Koala Canyon
  • Im in the nostalgic phase of my life; all 13 years
« Reply #13 on: October 28, 2009, 07:29:30 AM »
I dont really know how to start but, the spunkiness is really getting on my nerves. >:( We as posters have no say on what happens to our spunkiness. I dont think its fair. All you admins can just whallop away. I see some people like B-mac and myself making very long and descriptive posts and we get whalloped for it. and then all the admins have positive numbers. I dont like this one bit. Any who agree with me please speak.

im just here to talk