Welcome, Guest

Latest 20 Shouts

Current Weather

SIX Stock

Author Topic: SIX FLAGS BANKRUPTCY DEVELOPMENTS  (Read 13576 times)

Offline rjholla2003

• Admini-what?!
  • Administrator
  • Kingda Ka
  • Ehh, What's Up Doc!
Re: SIX FLAGS BANKRUPTCY DEVELOPMENTS
« Reply #25 on: March 09, 2010, 01:32:57 PM »
I'm happy you keep us in the loop. Google has NOTHING on you!
Peep the concept, you've got progress, you've got congress
We protest in hopes they confess, just proceed on your conquest
I ain't got no gavel, I ain't finna fight nobody battle
I just wanna be free, I ain't finna be nobody's chattel

Offline GADVwow

• Kingda Ka
« Reply #26 on: March 09, 2010, 06:52:35 PM »
The Wall Street Journal, in an article which requires a subscription, is claiming that Six Flags creditors suspect Six Flags senior management and Avenue Capital have a plan to merge with Cedar Fair post bankruptcy, and that Apollo Management would be a source of financing....A Cedar Fair spokesperson declined to comment, as has Avenue Capital, Six Flags' senior management's financial backer...

A short quote, which can be considered "fair use":

...Creditors of Six Flags speculate differently. They suspect investors led by Avenue plan to merge Six Flags with Cedar Fair once they gain control of the company in bankruptcy. Besides Avenue's pilgrimage to Sandusky, Ohio, they point to an email that indicated Six Flags' backers were eyeing Apollo Management LP as a potential source of investment....

A link cannot be provided, but if you are a subscriber, you can easily locate this article.

Offline WadeJ

• Administrator
  • Green Lantern
    • GadvOutpost
« Reply #27 on: March 09, 2010, 08:00:08 PM »
This is just freaking scary.  ummm.. I don't even know what to say.

Offline Steve

• Administrator
  • El Toro
« Reply #28 on: March 09, 2010, 08:25:58 PM »
Yea...

Offline GADVwow

• Kingda Ka
« Reply #29 on: March 09, 2010, 08:38:14 PM »
An update here helps.  Read the last three paragraphs:

http://www.cleveland.com/business/index.ssf/2010/03/cedar_fair_facing_more_opposition_for_sale_to_private_equity_firm.html

Here they are:

...According to a story posted on the Wall Street Journal's Web site on Tuesday evening, creditors of bankrupt Six Flags believe that Apollo Global Management could be planning to merge Cedar Fair with Six Flags, if the investment firm succeeds in buying the Sandusky-based company.

According to the article, Six Flag's unsecured creditors think Apollo could be working with Avenue Capital Management, an investment fund that is leading the drive to take over Six Flags in Chapter 11. The Web site reported that Andrew Dash, an attorney representing Six Flag's unsecured creditors pressed Six Flag's Chief Financial Officer Jeffrey Speed during a bankruptcy hearing to tell him why representatives of Avenue Capital had made a visit to Cedar Fair.

Speed confirmed the visit, but said he could "only speculate" that Avenue was trying to learn more about the amusement park business now that it was committed to leading a $450 million equity raise to bail out Six Flags.

« Last Edit: March 09, 2010, 08:43:11 PM by GADVwow »

Offline WadeJ

• Administrator
  • Green Lantern
    • GadvOutpost
« Reply #30 on: March 09, 2010, 08:48:14 PM »
Um, sure... Right. That makes perfect sense. Visit another park chain going bankrupt to learn how to run a park business. And I'm sure any chain, yet alone your most direct competitor would be happy to lend a hand lol. What a dumb cover.

Offline GADVwow

• Kingda Ka
« Reply #31 on: March 09, 2010, 08:52:09 PM »
If Apollo is serious about merging Cedar Fair with Six Flags, they need to have their heads' examined. If ever there were a reason to vote NO on the merger proposal at Cedar Fair, this would be it. The timing for this Six Flags bankruptcy exit hearing could not be worse for one Richard Kinzel. I wonder if Avenue Capital met with Mr. Kinzel at Fridays, too? It's a two week trial for Six Flags, and it likely won't be over by 031610 (the day of the special vote for the Apollo-Cedar Fair merger).

Less than one week until the vote, and this comes out...

Offline rjholla2003

• Admini-what?!
  • Administrator
  • Kingda Ka
  • Ehh, What's Up Doc!
« Reply #32 on: March 09, 2010, 08:55:46 PM »
That's just...special. I was curious about that WSJ article, but I have no subscription. My least favorite site to get links to.

Offline GADVwow

• Kingda Ka
« Reply #33 on: March 15, 2010, 05:36:54 PM »
Six Flags note holders want committee vote nixed:

http://www.businessweek.com/ap/financialnews/D9EF7C5G0.htm

Offline nitrorox1414

• Blackbeard's Lost Treasure Train
  • Arms Down Head Back Hold On!!!
« Reply #34 on: March 15, 2010, 07:07:23 PM »
this is so confusing. Why would anyone want to combine Six Flags and Ceder Fair!

Offline GADVwow

• Kingda Ka
« Reply #35 on: March 15, 2010, 07:10:58 PM »
I believe it is called monopoly power and pricing power...also known as money.

Offline nitrorox1414

• Blackbeard's Lost Treasure Train
  • Arms Down Head Back Hold On!!!
« Reply #36 on: March 15, 2010, 07:13:34 PM »
 :-\ I have a bad feeling about it (If it happens)

Offline PcMan

• Kingda Ka
  • Yo
    • techhi.net
« Reply #37 on: March 19, 2010, 02:11:10 PM »

UPDATE 1-Bondholders reach proposed Six Flags settlement
Fri Mar 19, 2010 1:18pm EDT
Stocks

Six Flags, Inc.
SIXFQ.OB
$0.10
-0.01-7.14%
12:49pm EDT

* Creditors reach proposal to end Six Flags bankruptcy

* Stark Investments-led bondholders to control company

* Management to receive up to 15 pct stake

By Tom Hals

WILMINGTON, Del., March 19 (Reuters) - Creditors ended their battle for control of Six Flags Inc (SIXFQ.OB) on Friday with a proposed deal in which junior bondholders will invest up to $725 million of new equity in the theme park operator, according to an attorney for junior bondholders.

The proposed deal also includes new debt of about $1.1 billion that will be used to pay off creditors and fund operations, according to Lance Laifer from Resilient Capital which owns the company's PIERS notes.

Junior bondholders, known as SFI bondholders and led by Stark Investments, will control the company, according to Laifer.

The deal also proposes giving up to 15 percent of the company's equity to management, according to Laifer.

The SFI group had earlier proposed replacing management.

Senior noteholders, known as SFO Noteholders and led by Avenue Capital Group, had been fighting for the last two weeks in court for their plan of reorganization, which had the support of the company.

Under their plan they would have taken control of the company, which operates 19 parks in North America.

The SFO notes will be paid in full under Friday's proposal, according to Laifer.

The company did not return calls for comment.

A spokesman for Avenue Capital Group declined to comment.

Stark Investments did not returns a call for comment.

The case is In re: Premier International Holdings Inc, U.S. Bankruptcy Court, District of Delaware,
Yo

Offline GADVwow

• Kingda Ka
« Reply #38 on: March 19, 2010, 05:46:46 PM »
Update three:

http://www.reuters.com/article/idUSN1916902720100319

IF the court approves, Avenue Capital is apparently frozen out.  This would apparently mean the Apollo deal to buy Six Flags after acquiring Cedar Fair is kaput in many more ways than one....
« Last Edit: March 19, 2010, 05:49:46 PM by GADVwow »

Offline GADVwow

• Kingda Ka

Offline GADVwow

• Kingda Ka

Offline rjholla2003

• Admini-what?!
  • Administrator
  • Kingda Ka
  • Ehh, What's Up Doc!
« Reply #41 on: March 19, 2010, 09:28:15 PM »
Shapiro will STAY! Thank GOD!

Now, current management will remain in place under the plan, Harner said. That means that Daniel Snyder, the owner of the Washington Redskins football team who took over Six Flags after a proxy fight in 2005, will remain as chairman. Mark Shapiro, whom Snyder brought in from ESPN to run Six Flags, will stay as chief executive.

I can't understate the amount of relief reading that brought to me. Him getting removed was my biggest fear. I didn't think that he would, but you can never be 100% sure.

Offline GADVwow

• Kingda Ka
« Reply #42 on: March 19, 2010, 09:33:06 PM »
Be careful.  This plan is a proposal.  It must be approved by the judge and the other creditors.  It probably will be, but may not be.

And Mr. Snyder's role, regardless of what that article may say, is yet to be determined.

There are other issues...

Offline WadeJ

• Administrator
  • Green Lantern
    • GadvOutpost
« Reply #43 on: March 21, 2010, 06:58:11 PM »
I've been hearing all along that nobody wanted Shapiro removed regardless. While anything is obviously possible, I think even those that were trying all of these options were/are impressed by his work. Were it not for the insane debt and high interest loans, the chain would now be insanely profitable.

Offline jglonek

• Administrator
  • Kingda Ka
  • It's simple, we, uh, kill the Batman.
    • http://www.gadvoutpost.com
« Reply #44 on: March 22, 2010, 12:43:13 AM »
The article that Screamscape linked from BusinessWeek here makes it sound like Snyder is basically out.

Offline GADVwow

• Kingda Ka
« Reply #45 on: March 22, 2010, 06:52:08 AM »
But wants back in.  From that same article:

... Six Flags’ largest shareholders include Chairman Daniel Snyder, owner of the National Football League’s Washington Redskins. He owned 5.4 percent of Six Flags, or 5.28 million shares, as of October 2007, according to data compiled by Bloomberg.

His goal is to continue to be financially involved with the company, Shapiro said.

‘Substantial Investment’

“He intends to make a substantial investment in Six Flags at the right time,” Shapiro said.

A spokesman for Snyder couldn’t be immediately reached for comment....

Offline GADVwow

• Kingda Ka
« Reply #46 on: April 05, 2010, 06:38:44 PM »
Six Flags Amends Bankruptcy Plan:

... The newest plan leaves in place CEO Mark Shapiro and gives him the right to name another board member. However, he cannot name current Chairman Daniel Snyder without the approval of the new equity investors.

The plan also leaves in place Shapiro's proposed salary and bonuses, which both groups of bondholders criticized before the company adopted their plans.

Shapiro will receive an annual salary of $1.3 million, unchanged from his prebankruptcy base pay. He can also collect other bonuses including up to $3 million for bringing the company out of Chapter 11....

http://www.reuters.com/article/idUSN0517577520100405?type=marketsNews

Offline GADVwow

• Kingda Ka
« Reply #47 on: April 13, 2010, 05:52:38 AM »
This coming Friday is probable decision day for Six Flags control:

...Six Flags management supports the Stark proposal and has dropped support for a plan backed by bondholders led by Avenue Capital Group, Reuters said. Six Flags top management would retain their jobs under the Stark plan, Reuters said.

The agreement is expected to go before the bankruptcy court for approval on Friday, Reuters said....
http://milwaukee.bizjournals.com/milwaukee/stories/2010/04/12/daily1.html

Offline GADVwow

• Kingda Ka
« Reply #48 on: April 15, 2010, 07:31:51 PM »
Friday's hearing may get interesting:

http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/resilient-capital-management-files-motion-in-six-flags-bankruptcy-proceeding-90932064.html

Resilient Capital Management Files Motion in Six Flags Bankruptcy Proceeding

OBJECTS TO INACCURATE VALUATION WORK INTENDED TO SUPPORT MANAGEMENT TEAM'S INTERESTS AT EXPENSE OF PIERS AND COMMON SHAREHOLDERS
NEW YORK, April 15 /PRNewswire/ -- Resilient Capital Management, a holder of Six Flags Preferred Income Equity Redeemable Shares ("PIERS") notifies all PIERS (OTC Bulletin Board: SIXOQ) and common shareholders of Six Flags (OTC Bulletin Board: SIXFQ) concerning its Motion to Participate in the Confirmation Hearing (Premier International Holdings Inc., et al., Case No. 09-12019, Docket Number 1989) scheduled for April 28, 2010 which it filed last night in the bankruptcy court in Delaware. The motion can be accessed at http://www.kccllc.ne...00000000011.pdf.

In its motion Resilient highlights the valuation work performed on Six Flags by Amherst Capital Partners, L.L.C. - http://www.amherstpartners.com.

Amherst valued the company at a total enterprise value of $2,679,000,000. At this valuation the holders of the PIERS are entitled to approximately a 100% recovery or approximately $300 million. This compares to the current market capitalization of the PIERS of $2.75 million (SIXOQ closing price $0.25 per share - 11 million PIERS shares outstanding).

This contrasts sharply with the inaccurate valuation work performed on the company by Houlihan Lokey and Lazard Freres ( LAZ). These purported "experts" valued the company at approximately $1.5 billion only days before the SFI Bondholder group offered a deal which the market valued at between $2.3 and $2.5 billion.

The SFI Bondholders are poised to take over control of the company, having wrested control from the common shareholders by entering into a transaction which benefits management at the expense of the PIERS and common shareholders. According to Resilient's motion, "The valuation contest has been skewed such that it has been conducted within an artificial range defined by the parties with the resources to pay the costs of admission to the contest and by a management team with a more than $100 million vested interest in a particular outcome."

Lance Laifer, CEO of Resilient Capital Management said, "A cottage industry of lawyers is conspiring with management teams to take companies into bankruptcy and enrich management teams at the expense of the very shareholders they are supposed to be protecting and representing. This motion is about much more than just Six Flags. When a management team can take over a company, drive it into bankruptcy and then emerge with ten times more equity than it had prior to the bankruptcy filing, the system is seriously messed up and people - mostly individual investors - are losing massive amounts of money unnecessarily". Laifer continued, "We filed our motion at great expense, because we believe that real people are losing real money on the basis of faulty valuation reports. Resilient is committed to making sure we do our part to highlight and fix the problem that seemingly has developed in the Delaware bankruptcy court and corporate boardrooms throughout America."

Resilient's motion alleges a pattern of conduct by the SFI bondholders and the Six Flags management team, including the following:

* The SFI bondholders managed to raise over one billion dollars of consideration at approximately a $2.5 billion valuation even though it was battling management at the time it raised the capital.

* The lawyers and other professionals involved in this case are working off of a wrong valuation for the current deal on the table and that this incorrect and low valuation is being utilized to encourage the Honorable Judge Christopher S. Sontchi to confirm a plan of reorganization that is based upon an artificially low valuation that fails to address the points raised in the valuation performed on behalf of Resilient.

* Based on Amherst's valuation, management is poised to achieve a $150-200 million jackpot for steering the company into and out of bankruptcy and wiping out shareholders. It also points to under-explored and under-examined pockets of potentially substantial value, including Six Flags TV and the value likely to be realized from Six Flags' licensing business.

* The Debtor's management team is continuing to clearly violate its fiduciary responsibilities to the PIERS and common stockholders of Six Flags.

* During March at the confirmation hearing, management stressed that the company was off to a poor start in 2010, which contrasts with a recent NY Post article in which Mark Shapiro stated that, "we're having a terrific spring right now."

This motion supplements an earlier motion made by Resilient which calls for a Trustee to be appointed to replace management -http://www.kccllc.ne...00000000004.pdf

Resilient is encouraging all shareholders of Six Flags to object to the Debtors' current plan of reorganization. Any such objections should be filed with the Delaware Bankruptcy Court at the following address:

Honorable Christopher S. Sontchi

United States Bankruptcy Court

District of Delaware

824 Market Street, 3rd Floor

Wilmington, DE 19801

T: 302-252-2900

Bankruptcy court in Delaware

To request more information or a copy of the Motion to Participate in the Confirmation Hearing scheduled for April 28, 2010 please contact Lance Laifer at laifer@gmail.com (Tel. 646-734-6657).

SOURCE Resilient Capital Management

Back to top RELATED LINKS
http://www.amherstpartners.com