Welcome, Guest

Latest 20 Shouts

Current Weather

SIX Stock

Author Topic: New GCI Woodie in China + New 4th Dimension in China  (Read 6593 times)

Offline AV Matt

• Kingda Ka
  • I'm the guy that looks like me.
    • Coaster-Count.com
Re: New GCI Woodie in China + New 4th Dimension in China
« Reply #25 on: December 10, 2010, 06:47:17 PM »
Yes, but I'm thinking more like the final hill on Superman SFA and Darien Lake. When the track flattens out at the top of the hill (like Phantom), the back of the train is slowed down too much by the time it crests the hill so it doesn't get any kick. The the peak of the hill should be elevated above the brake run and dip down onto the brakes to give the whole train a chance to "pop"! Several classic woodies feature this kind of element (like Screamin' Eagles and Great American Scream Machine to name a couple). It doesn't have to be a big hill like on the SROS coasters. Just enough to lift the train.

Offline B-mac

• Nitro
« Reply #26 on: December 10, 2010, 08:26:33 PM »
Apollo's chariot does it somewhat right, so does nitro... el toro is an example of a train that ends weak because it doesn't have much kick after all the zig zags and the fact that the last hill is just a nice little crest over RT.

Offline AV Matt

• Kingda Ka
  • I'm the guy that looks like me.
    • Coaster-Count.com
« Reply #27 on: December 10, 2010, 08:49:11 PM »
But they still just meet up with the brake run instead of slamming down on the brake run which is more exciting. Little things like that are the icing on the cake for me. Never understood why more coasters aren't designed that way.  It's an easy way to put an exclamation point on the end of a ride. Far too many coasters just give up and end.