Welcome, Guest

Latest 20 Shouts

Current Weather

SIX Stock

Author Topic: 2006 Announcement! 45,000 free tickets for opening weekend!  (Read 8730 times)

Offline sagrr

2006 Announcement! 45,000 free tickets for opening weekend!
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2006, 09:14:18 PM »
Sooo exciting!!!!

Offline CrAzY4coasters

« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2006, 09:27:03 PM »
oooooo can't wait to find out what it is. Also I really hope it's a good announcment seeing as my B-Day is the 16th! :D
El Toro is one hell of a bull !!!

Offline Pashacar

• Koala Canyon
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2006, 09:48:11 PM »
Isn't it just the usual pre-season announcement of the entertainment line up and improvements? I also imagine that they'll be announcing Tango. Unless it's something bigger being announced that I don't know about, I guess that the immense amount of hospitality improvements makes this a big announcement.

Offline GADVwow

• Kingda Ka
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2006, 06:45:08 AM »
It's more than that.

Offline coastermom

• Batman & Robin: The Chiller
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2006, 05:12:53 PM »
Looking forward to hearing the big news . When will the announcement happen early in the day or later in the afternoon. How long before someone will post it here ? I hope I am off from work to read all the good news . Or at least what I hope is good news

Offline WadeJ

• Administrator
  • Green Lantern
    • GadvOutpost
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2006, 06:26:38 PM »
If there is a automated media broadcast, we could have it as early as just after midnight ;)

Otherwise, I'd expect it posted here sometime late morning :)

Offline stew560

• Jolly Roger
  • Disco Stu Doesn't Advertise!
    • Stew560's SmugMug
« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2006, 09:59:11 PM »
http://www.sixflags.com/parks/greatadventure/ParkPress/SixFlagsGreatAdventureCelebrates45Years.html

Six Flags Great Adventure Celebrates 45 Years, Kicks Off Opening Weekend with Massive 45,000 Ticket Giveaway

March 15, 2006

Jackson, NJ ? Six Flags Great Adventure and Wild Safari announced today the launch of a massive 45,000 ticket online giveaway on its opening weekend, March 31 to April 2, to kick off Six Flags? year-long 45th anniversary celebration. Throughout the 2006 season, the anniversary will be marked by exciting rides, new shows, animals and enhanced guest service features.

?We want families to know that a dramatically different adventure awaits them this season at Six Flags Great Adventure,? said Ron Sevart, the park?s vice president and general manager. ?To kick off our 45th anniversary celebration, we?re inviting 45,000 guests to experience the greatest family entertainment experience, remember all of the memories they?ve shared with us throughout the years, and create new moments that they?ll cherish for a lifetime thanks to the innovative new rides, characters and attractions they?ll find only at Six Flags.?

The first 45,000 people who register on www.sixflags45.com , the special website launched today, can sign up for the free opening weekend tickets while supplies last. The ticket admissions will be spread over the entire opening weekend ? March 31 to April 2. The website also invites families to submit memories from their Six Flags experiences over the years, and to share them with others from around the globe.

?Our 45th anniversary season is packed with unbeatable family fun like the new Bugs Bunny? National Park children?s area, the monstrous El Toro wooden roller coaster, a variety of adorable baby animals and a new focus on comprehensive guest service and entertainment,? Sevart added.

Delivering world-class guest service in 2006

?To deliver the best guest experience of any park anywhere, we must provide outstanding service in a safe, clean, family-friendly atmosphere,? Sevart said. ?We?ve instituted a non-smoking policy across all Six Flags parks to make walking through the park with your family a much more pleasant experience, and we have instituted universal training for our team members to ensure friendly, helpful and efficient service.? Other guest service initiatives include raising the curtain on a major entertainment program that offers daily parades, fireworks, exciting stage shows, strolling street performers, and more lovable, huggable characters throughout the park. Families can visit with Bugs Bunny and friends around every corner, beginning with Brunch with Bugs in the Great Character Caf?, or lunch at Looney Tunes Camp Kitchen. Kids of all ages can enjoy the 45th Anniversary Parade featuring Bugs Bunny and pals, and complete the evening with Bugs Bunny at the 45th Anniversary Fireworks Spectacular.

Plus, DC Comics? JUSTICE LEAGUE characters WONDER WOMAN, GREEN LANTERN and THE FLASH will join the DYNAMIC DUO, BATMAN and ROBIN, as they greet guests, sign autographs and pose for photos throughout the park?s midways.

Third kids? area celebrates the great outdoors

Parents and young children can explore Bugs Bunny National Park, an all-new, wilderness-themed children?s area with tons of fun for little ones. Located on Six Flags Great Adventure?s picturesque Great Lake, this new kids? area, featuring Bugs Bunny and his Looney Tunes pals, joins Looney Tunes Seaport and Balin?s Jungleland as the park?s third section devoted to the youngest thrill seekers. Families can enjoy the great outdoors with six rides, an interactive water play feature, Bugs Bunny Wilderness Theater with a high-spirited show for kids, and Looney Tunes Camp Kitchen.

El Toro charges Plaza del Carnaval

El Toro?s unique design, inspired by the agility and strength of the brave matadors, features a hybrid roller coaster design that marries the fast-charging drops of a classic ?out-and-back? track with the highly-banked turns of a beastly ?twister.? El Toro incorporates steel coaster technology to enhance the ride experience, and delivers nine ?airtime? opportunities, giving riders the highly-sought thrill ride sensation of weightlessness.

At 188 feet tall, reaching 70 mph, El Toro ranks among the tallest and fastest wooden roller coasters in the world. Its 4,400 feet of mountainous track includes records for second tallest, fastest and longest drop of all wooden coasters in America and features the world?s steepest drop on a wooden roller coaster, 76 white-knuckled degrees.

El Toro anchors a newly-themed area, Plaza del Carnaval, that evokes the sights and sounds of coastal Mexico. Plaza del Carnaval also features a new Mexican restaurant, La Cocina, new marketplace-style shopping at El Mercado and a new rocking, swinging family ride, Tango.

Adorable babies steal the Safari spotlight

On the heels of a winter filled with births, Six Flags Wild Safari enters spring with a variety of exotic baby animals on display throughout its 350 sprawling acres. Three African lion sisters, one endangered addax calf (African antelope), a fuzzy Bison calf and three romping Black bear cubs kick off the spring season that?s sure to welcome the birth of giraffes, yak, eland and more.

Six Flags Great Adventure and Wild Safari?s 2006 season kicks off March 31. The opening weekend, and the 45,000 free ticket offer, run through April 2. The new Bugs Bunny National Park is slated to open in early April, and the new Mexican-themed area Plaza del Carnaval featuring El Toro are slated to debut later this spring. Tickets, operating calendars and park news are available at www.sixflags.com

Unfortunatly, http://www.sixflags45.com/ says tickets are already sold out! Some people claim to have gotten registered, but for now, it appears that there are no more free tickets available.
2009 Trips to GAdv: None Yet!
Bull Rides: (34) -- KKount: (65.5)
View My Pictures!
"I reject your reality and substitute my own!" - Adam Savage

Offline GADVwow

• Kingda Ka
« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2006, 10:26:04 PM »
It probably says that until the announcement is made...

Offline Cyclonic

• Insomniac
  • Global Moderator
  • Enchanted Teacups
    • Penncoasters.com
« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2006, 10:30:12 PM »
I am willing to bet they have not launched the site yet.  Maybe after midnight.
The world is coming to an end, I've actually created a blog!

Offline stew560

• Jolly Roger
    • Stew560's SmugMug
« Reply #10 on: March 14, 2006, 10:35:28 PM »
Actually, I got into the site, and got as far as ordering. It showed Sat and Sun already sold out. I tried to get Fri, and it said sold out after I hit submit.

People are claiming they got all the way through.

My guess? If it really didn't sell out, they took the site down until after the announcement. (Although why did they post the press release early then?)
View My Pictures!

Offline innervision

• VIP
  • Nitro
  • Holy atomic pile, Batman!
    • http://www.gadvoutpost.com
« Reply #11 on: March 15, 2006, 06:46:55 AM »
Get your tickets while the gettins good....it worked fine for me this morning and all days still have tickets available.

Offline stew560

• Jolly Roger
    • Stew560's SmugMug
« Reply #12 on: March 15, 2006, 06:49:13 AM »
Cool Deal! I'm glad it is back up! I'm in so I can bring some friends on Friday Night!
View My Pictures!

Offline WadeJ

• Administrator
  • Green Lantern
    • GadvOutpost
« Reply #13 on: March 15, 2006, 08:43:46 AM »
I'm bringing friends now as well ;)

For those that didn't notice, click the video link on the first link above.  It requires the latest quicktime plugins.

Offline DianaR

• Administrator
  • Congo Rapids
« Reply #14 on: March 15, 2006, 09:02:57 AM »
Quote from: "WadeJ"
I'm bringing friends now as well ;)

For those that didn't notice, click the video link on the first link above.  It requires the latest quicktime plugins.

That was a great video Wade, thanks for pointing it out! My son Austin is actually in there, he is the kid with the light blue shirt backside facing you inside the play structure running forward lol. I'll have to show him this later  :lol:

Offline sir clinksalot

• Autobahn
« Reply #15 on: March 15, 2006, 10:39:42 AM »
That's totally awesome!!!

Good luck with the crowds everybody!!! ;)
- Gregg

See my photo album here:

http://greggandkristi.smugmug.com/

Offline sfgadvfreak

• Affiliate
  • Jolly Roger
    • http://www.eastcoastcoasters.com
« Reply #16 on: March 15, 2006, 02:55:31 PM »
I just signed up for two free tickets.  Looks like I'll be driving two lucky friends down on friday in my new car!  Looking forward to seeing the park once again in full swing (or some-what full swing)
Great Adventure...taking over the world one record at a time.

[img width= height=]http://downloads.thestreetnetwork.com/LessThanJake/LTJBanner2.jpg[/img]

Offline coastermom

« Reply #17 on: March 15, 2006, 03:51:49 PM »
Just got my tickets and am wondering if it is a full opening or a coasters after dark opening . That will help me decide who to bring with me. Sounds like a full opening to me but one never knows.

Offline WadeJ

• Administrator
  • Green Lantern
    • GadvOutpost
« Reply #18 on: March 15, 2006, 04:52:56 PM »
Its a full opening (including some shows!) with the obvious exceptsions - El Toro, BBNP, RT, B:TC and maybe just a few others.  90% of the attractions should be ready to go.  And this includes Friday night!  Don't forget to stay for the fireworks on Friday and Saturday nights :)

Offline KingdaKaRuler05

• Monkey Around
  • Can't Stop
« Reply #19 on: March 15, 2006, 04:59:10 PM »
I grabbed two tickets for the 2nd when I came home today. Nice! Can can bring some of my friends now, or my brother if he wants to come with a friend as well. I just need to get my season pass now..

-KKR05
Under the bridge downtown...

1 VS. 100...Fridays at 8 on NBC!

Offline OrlandoRocks

• Carousel
« Reply #20 on: March 15, 2006, 06:00:39 PM »
All the tickets are officially GONE !
Hope everyone got what they needed.

Offline ChuckR

• Would you just look at it?
  • Global Moderator
  • Kingda Ka
  • RIP Chiller...
    • Facebook
« Reply #21 on: March 15, 2006, 07:07:42 PM »
I grabbed four tickets for Friday night for a couple of my friends to go.

Offline coastermom

« Reply #22 on: March 15, 2006, 08:54:32 PM »
hey wade thanks for the info glad to hear it will be a full opening on friday night as all weekend we are busy and that is the only free chance we will have to go. Hope for good weather and a little warmer then it is now.

Offline sfgadvfreak

• Affiliate
  • Jolly Roger
    • http://www.eastcoastcoasters.com
« Reply #23 on: March 15, 2006, 09:21:34 PM »
I would love to know who stole the rest of the tickets cause they went FAST!
Great Adventure...taking over the world one record at a time.

[img width= height=]http://downloads.thestreetnetwork.com/LessThanJake/LTJBanner2.jpg[/img]

Offline coastermom

« Reply #24 on: March 16, 2006, 01:33:48 PM »
That was fast .... i hope the park is ready for the amount of people comming for the opening weekend and that this offer doesn't tick people off and make them not want to return.  I am very happy to hear of the family stuff they are adding and can't wait till the 31st .