Welcome, Guest

Latest 20 Shouts

Current Weather

SIX Stock

Author Topic: Roll Call, PPP 2010 Oct 9. Knoebels  (Read 12063 times)

Offline B-mac

• Nitro
Re: Roll Call, PPP 2010 Oct 9. Knoebels
« Reply #25 on: August 22, 2010, 10:04:36 PM »
I still wonder what's keeping them so long.Are they still having troubles with the trains?

Offline dkny6363

• Batman The Ride
« Reply #26 on: September 04, 2010, 01:31:13 AM »

Offline Bubba Z

• White Castle Fries only come in one size
  • Global Moderator
  • Nitro
    • http://www.freewebs.com/fredbean/index.htm
« Reply #27 on: September 04, 2010, 10:52:35 PM »
Yes, still having trouble with the trains.   I had my pre PPP last Thursday getting in One Twister ride, 10 Phoenix rides , 12 Bumper car rides  and 2 snap rides on the flyers,  Well worth the $38 wristband!!!

Offline dkny6363

• Batman The Ride
« Reply #28 on: September 05, 2010, 12:10:01 PM »
Is anyone going to Hershey between now, and PPP?

Offline Ogolo

• Rolling Thunder
« Reply #29 on: September 05, 2010, 05:15:53 PM »
Might be doing Hershey on Sept 19th.
Anyone doing Oc~Boulder~Fest next Saturday?

Offline AV Matt

• Kingda Ka
  • I'm the guy that looks like me.
    • Coaster-Count.com
« Reply #30 on: September 06, 2010, 09:36:45 AM »
Probablyno more Hershey for me this year and likely no Oc-Boulder-Fest either.
Might just stay home the next two weekends. Then it's off to England then PPP.

Offline dkny6363

• Batman The Ride
« Reply #31 on: September 18, 2010, 01:06:21 PM »
21 days!

Question... Is showing up around 2 going to cause me a registration problem? I leaving from T.O. Saturday mourning.
I believe registation was listed as 11:30, or 12:00. But i'm guessing you can get POP all day.

Offline AV Matt

• Kingda Ka
    • Coaster-Count.com
« Reply #32 on: September 19, 2010, 11:04:15 PM »
Might be doing Hershey on Sept 19th.
Anyone doing Oc~Boulder~Fest next Saturday?

Ken, did you go to Hershey today? I completely forgot about this post and I was actually there today with a friend visiting from Ohio.

Offline AV Matt

• Kingda Ka
    • Coaster-Count.com
« Reply #33 on: September 19, 2010, 11:16:39 PM »
21 days!

Question... Is showing up around 2 going to cause me a registration problem? I leaving from T.O. Saturday mourning.
I believe registation was listed as 11:30, or 12:00. But i'm guessing you can get POP all day.

No, no problem at all. There is no traditional event registration. All you do is go to the Hand Stamp building like you would on any regular day to get your POP handstamp. You tell them you're there for PPP, pay them the $19 (or whatever it is) and they give you a special handstamp (think it says PHOENIX) and some coupons for a free ride on the Skyride, a free game, 2 free slices of pizza at Cesari's and a soda. This handstamp is only good for the 6pm-10pm PPP, but you can use the coupons anytime that day and or the following (depending on what they say on them). Get your pizza early because the line gets horendous once PPP starts!

You can either purchase tickets for rides for the remainder of that day or you can get another POP Handstamp for the regular operating hours that day or the following day, for the same low price or so. It's a HUGE discount compared to peak summer prices.

If I recall correctly, the regular hours on Saturday are up until either 4pm or 5pm. Then the park closes for an hour or two, then most of the rides open back up for PPP at 6pm; however some of them are staggered opening and/or closing. The coasters and Flyers are open from 6 to 10 though.

Do the antique cars once it's dark. They turn it into a Haunt! The line gets to be about 25 minutes, but it's worth doing if it isn't raining out and they have scare actors out on the ride.

Offline Ogolo

• Rolling Thunder
« Reply #34 on: September 20, 2010, 07:34:43 PM »
And how can you forget the Haunted Mansion!

Sorry won't be making it this year.

Offline AV Matt

• Kingda Ka
    • Coaster-Count.com
« Reply #35 on: September 20, 2010, 09:27:14 PM »
Do you get a ticket for the Haunted Mansion? I've always just ridden it at 5 or 6 when they opened it to us. I've never forked over a coupon/ticket for it at PPP.

Offline Ogolo

• Rolling Thunder
« Reply #36 on: September 21, 2010, 07:38:09 AM »
I don't believe there was a ticket for the Haunted Mansion last year...but it wasn't open all night.

Didn't make it to Hershey that Sunday.  I had grand plans but got sick of driving after the trip to Oc~Boulder~Fest and a visit to my parents.

Offline AV Matt

• Kingda Ka
    • Coaster-Count.com
« Reply #37 on: September 21, 2010, 12:36:00 PM »
Haunted Mansion is usually the first thing we do as we're waiting for the other stuff to open at 6. I think they open HM at 5.

Offline dkny6363

• Batman The Ride
« Reply #38 on: September 21, 2010, 07:26:07 PM »
Hm is open from 5-7 I think.

Offline AV Matt

• Kingda Ka
    • Coaster-Count.com
« Reply #39 on: September 21, 2010, 11:16:26 PM »
There ya go. I knew I wasn't too crazy.

Get your pizza early. 4pm-6pm is when most everyone goes for it and it can take easily 30 minutes to get your food, with less than 10 people in front of you (there are lots of lines). Speaking of that, the coupons are only good for two free plain/chesse slices. But you can add toppings for a little extra. Also, the pizza is not at its best when they are trying to serve the masses at PPP, so again go early and hopefully you'll get some more quality grub.

Offline dkny6363

• Batman The Ride
« Reply #40 on: September 22, 2010, 12:11:32 PM »
Additional Questions...

Parking... is it insane or can you still get into the normal lot? I don't even know if there is an additional lot.

Is there more food options than just pizza? Or do they close alot of the food places down by now.

I've never got a POP at Knoebels before. I noticed of the Park map the handstamp building. Is that were you go? Or can you get them at guest services?

Just to clarify for the afternoon session you can use tickets insted of the $20 POP? So if I show up around 3 I could buy tickets, rather than $20 for 2 hrs. Actually its only 16 cuz PPP is 19 and the combo is 35.

What Package is HM from 5-7 included in? Or do you need to buy tickets for that one?

Also Matt you gotta do me the honour of my first backseat Phoenix ride. lol

I just noticed my note about Hershey... I totally forgot about it. The reason I asked is because my wife makes insane cookies that require Hershey's Cinnamon chips that after investigating you can litterly only get in Hershey Pa. Not even in the Niagara Falls Hershey store do they carry them.  I was gonna see if anyone could bring me 2 packs to PPP. But I think that ship has sailed.

Offline AV Matt

• Kingda Ka
    • Coaster-Count.com
« Reply #41 on: September 22, 2010, 12:41:07 PM »
Parking is no problem. The lot is humongous and will likely be very full, but the majority of the visitors will be there for the Covered Bridge Festival craft fair. You can also park along the road next to kiddieland immediately off of 487, but there isn't much space there. I wouldn't worry at all about finding a parking spot.

Food... there is plenty of food options that weekend. It's just during PPP (6-10), Cesari's may be the only option. Phoenix Junction may be open as well. Some of the food stalls will be closed for the season though, like Totem Treats (Cheese On A Stick).

You get the POP at the Hand Stamp building right across from the Roto Jets and mini-golf.

You can always use tickets at Knoebels. You do not need to have a POP hand stamp if you don't feel you will get your money's worth. Hopefully you can get there earlier. Save the coaster rides for PPP time and just use tickets for cheaper rides until then if you won't get your money out of the Hand Stamp.

The Haunted Mansion is part of PPP. They always seem to let us in at 5 without a ticket. I assume the PPP hand stamp gets us in.

I would LOVE to ride the back seat of Phoenix with you. The double down is HARD CORE! I hope we get to hang out even with the craziness of all the other people I want to hang out with (Clint especially since it's his first time to Knoebels and it will be my buddy Mark's first PPP). We tend to spend the evening circulating between Twister, Phlyers, Bumper Cars, and Phoenix with a stop at the Carousel and Pioneer Train and maybe the Haunted Antique Cars somewhere in there. It's a shame you can't stay for Hangover Day.

Sorry I missed the Hershey memo. Next time I'm there I can get some and ship them to you, if you really want them.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2010, 01:00:24 PM by AV Matt »

Offline Ogolo

• Rolling Thunder
« Reply #42 on: September 22, 2010, 01:23:19 PM »
You also want your first ride on the Phlyers to be with Matt!

Offline dkny6363

• Batman The Ride
« Reply #43 on: September 22, 2010, 01:24:04 PM »
The pioneer train is open at night? No mention of it on the flyer. Thats sweet news. Hangover day is out due to our thanksgiving is that weekend. I don't think it will always line up like that. I know 2 years ago it was the weekend beofore thanks giving.

Where does this craft thing take place? Inside of knoebels I assume, but is it all over?

Offline AV Matt

• Kingda Ka
    • Coaster-Count.com
« Reply #44 on: September 22, 2010, 06:37:34 PM »
The craft fair is between the parking lot and the midway that the Power Surge, Skloosh and Downdraft are on (the outer midway).

I believe the Pioneer Train was open for at least part of the event last year. They started "haunting it up" last year and it's now part of the HalloWeekends after PPP weekend where only a handful of rides are open at night.

I have two other people to take for a ride on the Flyers, but yeah, I'd love to take you for a ride. Hopefully the snap nazi ride ops will be in a giving mood that night. In years past, everyone would snap the Hell out of the Flyers, but recently the ride ops have been spoiling the fun a bit. :(

Offline dkny6363

• Batman The Ride
« Reply #45 on: September 24, 2010, 04:21:00 PM »
Just watched a video for Looper... Can you actually ride this without barfing each and every time. I don't know how I've never noticed it in action before. Possibly being cleaned of puke.

I believe the flyer, or phyler said that Phoenix Junction is open as well for a food option. How many rides are open for the 12-5 portion. About the same about as the PPP session? Possibly more kiddie rides?

I must say I'm a little dissapointed that I won't get my annual ride on the flume. Easily my fav flume ride.

Offline dkny6363

• Batman The Ride
« Reply #46 on: September 28, 2010, 12:23:06 AM »
11 days

Offline AV Matt

• Kingda Ka
    • Coaster-Count.com
« Reply #47 on: September 29, 2010, 02:05:18 PM »
Just about ALL of the rides are open during regular hours that weekend. Most of them are open durring the 4 hours of PPP. No flume. It's usually not good fluming weather that weekend but it was in the 70s a couple of years ago.

Looper is awesome. I have flipped over 30 times in one ride and it didn't phase me amazingly.