Welcome, Guest

Latest 20 Shouts

Current Weather

SIX Stock

Author Topic: Ever-Changing Park Hours  (Read 2581 times)

Offline jglonek

• Administrator
  • Kingda Ka
  • It's simple, we, uh, kill the Batman.
    • http://www.gadvoutpost.com
Ever-Changing Park Hours
« on: July 02, 2010, 03:11:51 PM »
Something we've noticed over the past few weeks is that Great Adventure and Hurricane Harbor have had their park hours change from what we originally inputted into our system (the hours you see on the right) at the beginning of the season. From looking into it and listening to everyone on the site it appears that the hours are changing on a dime, sometimes not until the week of.

Some examples are that the park was listed as being open until 9:30 every day this week in the beginning of the season. All of a sudden at the beginning of this week the times changed to 8 on the website. And reports at the park indicate all the printed paperwork for hours still said 9:30, including that shows like the parade were happening - and they did not, due to the last-minute change in hours.

Also it appears that Hurricane Harbor was supposed to open full time last week, but at the last minute the park did not open Monday-Friday, which caused some very unhappy guests. And I can definitely see why.

We are not sure why this is happening, although Screamscape mentions:
The new management team coming on-board wants to make sure they make a good impression with Wall Street at the end of the 2010 season, so they’ve asked each park to cut a significant amount from their budgets to ensure they all hit their new target figures.

If the above is true, and that is why hours are being slashed we are going to be very, very disappointed in Six Flags Corporate. Making it so your balance sheets are more important than park guests' happiness is a very sad thing to see. I really hope this isn't why, but I can't see many other alternative reasons.

One thing, though: if this is the reason, it was made at the Corporate level. So don't be mad at the Six Flags Great Adventure staff, they have to do with what Six Flags Corporate tells them. So write to the corporate offices if you have any issues. Of course, I can't find any contacts for corporate on the website. Good times. If anyone knows of a contact feel free to write it below.

Anyway, I'm writing this because we believe that the last minute park hour changes are not done yet. Whether it will go on for another few weeks, or all summer, we aren't sure. But we will try to keep everyone updated when it happens, and we strongly suggest that you take a look at the park's website for hours the day you head out for a visit.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2010, 03:17:00 PM by jglonek »

Offline Ogolo

• Rolling Thunder
Re: Ever-Changing Park Hours
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2010, 03:17:25 PM »
A guy I work with had a group event early last week at HH that was rescheduled by Six Flags to Thursday. 
The reason they gave was that the area kids did not get out of school so they did not have enough people to work the HH. 
For some reason I think the reason mentioned above is more the case.

Offline jimmybjammin

• Raja's Rickshaws
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2010, 09:36:06 AM »
I thought the hours looked shorter for late June.

Offline coastersue

• Spinmeister
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2010, 08:32:32 PM »
I said to Rich the other day that I wouldn't be surprised if they cut out 11/6 and 11/7 since they're cutting hours like crazy.  Sure enough, those dates are now listed as closed.  I was really looking forward to that too!

Offline Ogolo

• Rolling Thunder
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2010, 09:24:13 PM »
It looks like they are having a NJ Wine and Food festival "Six Flags Grape Adventure" the weekend of 11/6 & 11/7.

Saturday and Sunday, November 6 and 7, 2010 Six Flags Great Adventure closes the season with a Wine and Food Experience like no other.  The event features local wineries from all over the state as well as good food, music and crafts.  This event is not included with theme park admission.  Check back soon to purchase tickets!

Unless the canceled that also.

Offline kingdakafan

• Movietown Water Effect
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2010, 11:48:42 PM »
Anybody know the park hours this fri?

Intamin rhymes with win for a reason!

Offline Steve

• Administrator
  • El Toro
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2010, 12:35:12 AM »
10:30 - 10:00 for this friday.

Offline kingdakafan

• Movietown Water Effect
« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2010, 09:41:16 AM »
Thanks I just didn't know if they changed it or not.

Intamin rhymes with win for a reason!

Offline coastermom

• Batman & Robin: The Chiller
« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2010, 08:18:17 PM »
It looks like they are having a NJ Wine and Food festival "Six Flags Grape Adventure" the weekend of 11/6 & 11/7.

Saturday and Sunday, November 6 and 7, 2010 Six Flags Great Adventure closes the season with a Wine and Food Experience like no other.  The event features local wineries from all over the state as well as good food, music and crafts.  This event is not included with theme park admission.  Check back soon to purchase tickets!

Unless the canceled that also.

Bet it turns out to be a complete upcharge event maybe with no rides open ?? Can that be a possiable change ? I think it can be !

Offline nitrorox1414

• Blackbeard's Lost Treasure Train
  • Arms Down Head Back Hold On!!!
« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2010, 09:18:49 PM »
Thanks for posting this.... I just thought i was going crazy

Offline jglonek

• Administrator
  • Kingda Ka
« Reply #10 on: July 16, 2010, 12:26:38 AM »
Well it appears that our Hurricane Harbor hours are a half hour off. I have 7 in there, but the sign at Great Adventure today said 6:30

Offline WadeJ

• Administrator
  • Green Lantern
    • GadvOutpost
« Reply #11 on: July 16, 2010, 12:37:49 AM »
6:30 is just dumb. You have to end on even hours for people to remember when spmething closes!

Offline jglonek

• Administrator
  • Kingda Ka
« Reply #12 on: July 16, 2010, 09:07:50 AM »
Looks like it's 10:30-6:30 during the week all summer and 10:30-7 on weekends.

Also, slightly off-topic.. does Hurricane Harbor offer reduced ticket prices if you go after a certain time?

Offline coastermom

• Batman & Robin: The Chiller
« Reply #13 on: July 16, 2010, 10:07:36 AM »
That is just plain DUMB .. The park is a water park and should be open till at least 8 in the summer . At 30 a ticket or more to walk in there for the day that park should be open later then 6:30 . Just saying that people with families dont want to spend alot of money for a day there when they can go else where for longer hours .