Welcome, Guest

Latest 20 Shouts

Current Weather

SIX Stock

Author Topic: Busch Gardens Williamsburg  (Read 3457 times)

Offline B-mac

• Nitro
Busch Gardens Williamsburg
« on: July 05, 2010, 09:55:54 PM »
I will be taking a trip down to VA this weeekend, probably Friday to Tuesday. B-52's live on Staurday and Sunday on the grave site of Drachen-fire, Private Seats!!!

Does anybody know of changes to the park since last year (not BBW)? I want to know because I haven't looked into the park since Labor day of last year on the auctions for last ride seats on Big Bad Wolf. If not then just wish me a safe trip and I'll report on it when necessary.

Offline GADVwow

• Kingda Ka
Re: Busch Gardens Williamsburg
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2010, 10:02:56 PM »
Europe In The Air, of course...

Offline B-mac

• Nitro
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2010, 10:24:17 PM »
This is all set-up and I will not be flying. I prefer driving because it's only a 6-7 hour drive, but I do not know if I'll be traveling in my Aunt's caddy or My mom's Taurus.

Offline GADVwow

• Kingda Ka
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2010, 10:49:54 PM »
Uh, Europe In The Air is the new attraction.  Think Soarin' at Disney...except over Europe!

Offline WadeJ

• Administrator
  • Green Lantern
    • GadvOutpost
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2010, 10:56:02 PM »
LOL slightly mis-interpreted :)

Offline GADVwow

• Kingda Ka
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2010, 06:37:14 AM »
Wow...so to speak...and here I thought I did the interpreting elsewhere...

Offline B-mac

• Nitro
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2010, 07:01:21 PM »
Uh, Europe In The Air is the new attraction.  Think Soarin' at Disney...except over Europe!

I thought you just made a pun. lol

Offline B-mac

• Nitro
« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2010, 03:46:27 PM »
Well, four days vacation wasn't that bad. I'll organize this so it's a lot easier than telling my story.

-The weather was odd, a lot like Florida's. 20 minutes showers and clouds but other than that a nice weekend.

-The rides are all still incredible. They left the pillars of BBW standing in their spots and the station is still there. Europe in the Air was a good ride but does give people motion sickness. Every time I rode one of the coasters I sat next to a screamer. There's a rumor that the park might add a drop tower next year, due to the release of a height restriction of a single tower 260 ft. high. I met somebody on Griffon who was spending two weeks there with his wife, who by what they said ride all the rides 60-70 times in that span.

-The park added fireworks in three sections of the park (Germany, Italy and Ireland) and also have shows every hour on the hour from five to nine in france(parade), Italy(choreography), Ireland(leprechaun) and Germany(Festhaus coo-coo clock). Fireworks start at 9:30, The railroad closes before eight in order to prepare, and the best spot is on the water on the riverboats, $20 per person pre-reserved. If you don't want to pay then the next best spots are either in the valley by nessie or on the bridge between italy and germany. All the shows and the fireworks are incredible but the park gets extremely packed around 7:30 due to all the events. If you want to avoid the crowd for the fireworks then you can wait either in the parking lot or right outside on the roads (you can see them clearly).

-Busch Gardens is doing a whole bunch of tours around the park with their rides and the animals, reservation needed by the front entrance. The coaster tour which has two options, up-close and observation tours, offer an experience inside and on all four of the parks coasters. The observation tour is about $30 in order to be allowed in the maintenance bays of all four coasters and rides on all four coasters twice. The up-close experience is $75 and allows you an express ride on top of Griffon, entrance into the maintenance bays and guided tours of all four shops by the engineers (they allow you to touch some of the parts on the ride like the wheels, seats and other parts) and two rides on all four coasters. If you want to reserve a spot for this the you might want to plan ahead since it's usually sold out two days ahead.

The animal tours allow you a behind the scenes look at all the animals in the Jack Hannah's wild life area. I can't remember the prices or some of the perks but you're allowed into all the areas where the animals get fed and taken care of (wolves, dogs, cats, birds, etc.).
Both tours from what I've heard are worth it and provide a good look at how BGE has been the #1 park in america of the past 18 years.

-The park still has the Clydesdales in the highland stables and behind italy, but they traded in the dalmatians for border collies. They also added a ram (behind italy), some scottish black-face sheep and a european barn owl.

-WCusa is still the same as before; no new rides, still incredible food, and flocks of people migrating from ride to ride.

My highlights:
-apollo's chariot is still the air-time machine I remember it as.
-Loch ness is still my favorite.
-Alpengeist had some issues on Saturday, but was perfect the rest of the weekend.
-Griffon got a little sticky on it's MCBR but it still packed the dive coaster punch otherwise.
-Bought my fourth eagle statue from the park ($200 for all four).
-10 hour drive home. Williamsburg- Home (6-1/2 hours)-Forked River (1-1/4 hours)- Home(again)(1-1/4 hours).

Offline Robert T Ackerman

• SPAGHETT!
  • Global Moderator
  • Green Lantern
  • "The Grammar Hammer!"
« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2010, 08:12:52 PM »
Thanks for the update...

What were you doing in Forked River?

Yeah, that sucks about Chiller...I hate to see it like that. Hey, so we should get a group picture or something ok. I'll call you later!

Offline AV Matt

• Kingda Ka
  • I'm the guy that looks like me.
    • Coaster-Count.com
« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2010, 09:18:44 PM »
I thought it was Fork and River

Offline Steve

• Administrator
  • El Toro
« Reply #10 on: July 16, 2010, 09:20:53 PM »
There is a fork in the river?

Offline AV Matt

• Kingda Ka
  • I'm the guy that looks like me.
    • Coaster-Count.com
« Reply #11 on: July 16, 2010, 10:07:09 PM »
The Dish ran away with the Spoon after dumping the Fork's body in the river. ;)

Offline B-mac

• Nitro
« Reply #12 on: July 18, 2010, 06:09:55 PM »
Thanks for the update...

What were you doing in Forked River?

Dropping off my aunt and my little cousin... it's not that bad of a town, when there's no out-of-staters. They're also opening a new wawa soon on Lacey Rd.

Offline Robert T Ackerman

• SPAGHETT!
  • Global Moderator
  • Green Lantern
  • "The Grammar Hammer!"
« Reply #13 on: July 19, 2010, 02:06:01 PM »
Yeah I live right by there, worked in that town for a few weeks, and my ex lived there too while I was with her

Yeah, that sucks about Chiller...I hate to see it like that. Hey, so we should get a group picture or something ok. I'll call you later!