Welcome, Guest

Latest 20 Shouts

Current Weather

SIX Stock

Author Topic: Anyone been to Universal since Harry Potter Opened ? And how is HRRR ?  (Read 3091 times)

Offline coastermom

• Batman & Robin: The Chiller
Going to Universal in a few weeks and was wondering has anyone been there since that area has opened? Also any information on Hollywood Rip Rock Rollercoaster ? My son makes 51 and 1/2 inches and can ride any advice on if we should let him ride ? We are on site so I know there is no Express for these rides such as HRRR and the new Forbidden Journey but we are looking forward to express on the Mummy which last visit  he was too short for .

Thanks guys  ;D

Offline GADVwow

• Kingda Ka
New Ride Breaks Down; Strands 132, Fire Department Called:

...OFD officials said one rider called 911 when the roller coaster stopped Friday night because he thought he was upside down. However, Universal officials said the Forbidden Journey ride doesn't go upside down.

An OFD official told WESH 2 that there was some sort of mechanical issue on the ride. He said the evacuations proceeded smoothly, without panic or injury. Guests used the provided catwalks and ladders to exit the Forbidden Journey.

In all, 52 cars full of passengers were unloaded as Universal worked to repair the Harry Potter ride.

Universal officials said the ride will be up and running Saturday morning.

http://www.wesh.com/entertainment/24375560/detail.html

http://www.thedailybeast.com/cheat-sheet/item/harry-potter-ride-breaks-down/muggle-malfunction/

As for your question, this thread on Kings Island Central should be very helpful:

http://www.kicentral.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=21871&st=0

The original poster there lives in Orlando and knows the parks there very well indeed...

And for HRRR, his post is here and later in this thread:

http://www.kicentral.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=20350&view=findpost&p=349737

« Last Edit: July 24, 2010, 09:27:14 AM by GADVwow »

Offline coastermom

Thanks for the links .. Now that I asked Harry Potter has a break down LOL only because we are going there soon .. Cant wait !

Offline GADVwow

• Kingda Ka
I normally don't post links to other forums, but Delirium_Guy over there really knows his Florida parks.  You can trust his opinions.

Offline Ogolo

• Rolling Thunder
Your kids will enjoy HRR.  Ride it at least once as it is a wonderful family ride and I thought it was amazingly smooth.
Hopefully it is bit more reliable by now.  Last Oct it was about as reliable as Kingda Ka on a bad year.
If there is a line you will be sick of all the music choices by the time you get to ride. 
So you may want to check out the hidden song list...(If you have and iPhone I believe there is even a App for that!).

And A rider called 911 while on the Forbidden Journey ???

Offline WadeJ

• Administrator
  • Green Lantern
    • GadvOutpost
Although I haven't been on FJ yet, I can tell you I'm certainly "connected" down there and much like wow posted, I trust my info. If it were me, the only way I'd do FJ is with the hotel early access. The ride is good but not "that" good.

As for HRRR, depending on your timing, you may luck out and get one of the trains being retrofitted with new bogeys this fall ;). These will supposedly make the ride MUCH smoother and they may even let up the brakes a bit once they are all complete. Right now it's been too busy to take the ride offline though so again, it depends on your timing. Imo, your son would love it. Just try to sit up front assuming it's still rough.

Offline coastermom

Thanks Guys we are going in a little over a week and he is really excited to ride anything ... We were going to go to Cedar Point but he is 51 and 1/2 not yet 52 so we are going to wait on that becasue at 52 he can ride so much more there . We are staying on site so that will help us out I also hear that Sundays are a good day to visit for Harry Potter . Will let everyone know how it is when we get back . I do hear it is like Spiderman though .... Well see !

Offline GADVwow

• Kingda Ka
Don't forget to write! :)

Offline WadeJ

• Administrator
  • Green Lantern
    • GadvOutpost
Ahh, then not a chance of any HRRR by then lol. At least now you'll be able to do a before and after comparison. Just try to sit near the front if you can ;).

I'll be really curious to hear your FJ review to see how it compares to what I've been told. I'll keep the comments to myself though to keep them from ruining the ride for you lol.

I'm sure it's good regardless and besides, even without HP, Universal is an awesome place to stay!

Offline nitrorox1414

• Blackbeard's Lost Treasure Train
  • Arms Down Head Back Hold On!!!
I went two days ago... There are lines just to get into the harry potter part of ioa.... the line goes to about the end of jurrasic park.. and then you have to wait another hour to get into the ride... even the shops have lines to get into .. its insane

Offline coastermom

I went two days ago... There are lines just to get into the harry potter part of ioa.... the line goes to about the end of jurrasic park.. and then you have to wait another hour to get into the ride... even the shops have lines to get into .. its insane

Are you staying onsite or NO ? I hear if you go in the early AM and stay on site it is not as bad ..

Offline PcMan

• Kingda Ka
  • Yo
    • techhi.net
If you stay on site Like WADE said  you can get in early
I stayed many times at the Royal Pacific.
and you can get in early and also just use your hotel room card key as a flash pass  for no line waiting

also love the giant pool they have  and no need to drive once there
Yo

Offline coastermom

If you stay on site Like WADE said  you can get in early
I stayed many times at the Royal Pacific.
and you can get in early and also just use your hotel room card key as a flash pass  for no line waiting

also love the giant pool they have  and no need to drive once there
We are at Hard Rock Hotel This vist did the Royal Pacific last time !

Offline nitrorox1414

• Blackbeard's Lost Treasure Train
  • Arms Down Head Back Hold On!!!

Are you staying onsite or NO ? I hear if you go in the early AM and stay on site it is not as bad ..

Ya i stayed onsite and got there at 8 30 and there was a 30 min wait...