Welcome, Guest

Latest 20 Shouts

Current Weather

SIX Stock

Author Topic: Mark Kane Replaced as GM of SFGA  (Read 5778 times)

Offline B-mac

• Nitro
Re: Mark Kane Replaced as GM of SFGA
« Reply #25 on: August 27, 2010, 12:38:25 PM »
They'll have a huge amount of space open next year where GASM's lift hill and first loop are. I want to know what they'll do with that.

Offline Nitro230

« Reply #26 on: August 27, 2010, 02:48:15 PM »
I've always thought a rainforet cafe would be cool as an expansion to the GK. It would be a cool place to put it. They could even put themeing to match GK's theme better

Offline WadeJ

• Administrator
  • Green Lantern
    • GadvOutpost
« Reply #27 on: August 27, 2010, 03:56:48 PM »
/\ I agree. Unfortunately, I doubt we'd ever see it since the park is seasonal. Maybe if the hotel and indoor water park came along but otherwise, it doesn't make good financial sense.

On topic, I'm curious if we'll see any immediate changes.

Offline Edwardo

• Enchanted Teacups
  • El Toro Lover
« Reply #28 on: August 27, 2010, 04:17:47 PM »
I'm excited about the next serveral years.  Six Flags is in a great position going forward now that they've emerged from bankruptcy.

They have competent people running the company, a CEO who understands what its like to go forward from bankruptcy, and a COO who knows how to run theme parks.

Look at how Paramount Parks was doing.  None of the parks were lacking.  Granted, they didn't always put the best coasters in some of the parks, but they did diversify.  You got dark rides at all of the parks with Scooby (now Boo Blasters).

Every park except Carowinds has a decent set of thrilling flat rides, and all of the parks have decent kids areas and family attractions.

And now that they can run a company that doesn't answer to a Media outlet who is just as concerned with marketing a new ride to one of their properties, they can make decisions based on what the park needs, and not only what they can slap their IP onto.

Speaking of IP, they have better IP to work with (save for the Nick licensing).

I can see them knowing the value of the DC and WB brands, and using them for the park's gain (and not just as promotion for a parent company).  Even under Shapiro, they focused more on IP and theming.

If the company under Al Weber looked more like Paramount Parks in 5 years than Six Flags (With parks having decent coasters, family rides, thrill rides, and dark rides), I most certainly wouldn't be upset with that.