Welcome, Guest

Latest 20 Shouts

Current Weather

SIX Stock

Author Topic: 2011 Season Passes Now On Sale!  (Read 8348 times)

Offline GADVwow

• Kingda Ka
Re: 2011 Season Passes Now On Sale!
« Reply #25 on: September 01, 2010, 04:55:16 PM »
Families get very upset with the Platinum Pass pricing at Cedar Fair, as every adult pass already has the parking perk built into the price.

Besides, there is a rumor, as yet unconfirmed, that as of next year Cedar Fair Platinum Passes will include admission to all Cedar Fair parks, but parking ONLY at the park where processed.  The Carowinds website does nothing to dispel this.

Offline WadeJ

• Administrator
  • Green Lantern
    • GadvOutpost
« Reply #26 on: September 01, 2010, 05:02:22 PM »
They probably do know what they are doing more than I give them credit for.  We are seriously considering going without next season (although I'll likely get one either way) but now by offering the discount 4 pack along with the "free" parking if I act soon, it makes it a no-brainer to save nearly 100 bucks by buying now. 

The parking still really p!sses me off.  For instance, I went to Great America 2 nights in a row a few weeks ago while on business travel.  I only had 2-3 hours to spend each night after work but I was able to because it was "free".  Next season I would have spent 40 bucks to do that.  So basically, I wouldn't have gone.  Now they lose both ways since I won't be there to buy food either.

Either way, the season pass is still a huge entertainment bargain.  I personally think what is bothering me the most is how they seem to like irritating their most loyal patrons by giving us a perk and then taking it away....constantly.

Offline coastermom

• Batman & Robin: The Chiller
« Reply #27 on: September 01, 2010, 10:26:52 PM »
I agree Wade we ususlly try to take one trip up to SFNE . Now I will have to pay for parking so that means if we go for 2 days that is more money to shell out to go .
I am on the fence about the passes for next year we are going to see I am not thrilled with the smaller and smaller amount of things to do there and the longer and longer lines seem to be . There is not too much for the little one and I am just not looking forward to another year of him under 54 inches and not able to do much there . We will see I am going to have to make a decision soon though as Oct is coming faster then I want it to .

Offline B-mac

• Nitro
« Reply #28 on: September 02, 2010, 01:56:09 PM »
Right now I'm 75% sure I wont be getting one next year for any park. I would probably go to Morey's Piers more often since they have some variety with rides and they're not all that bad, they're even more child oriented because they atleast have some rides for the sub-54 inch kids like coastermom's.

If I end up in Virginia I will not get a season's pass for SFA, that park is worse than great adventure on its worst day. Saying that I'd rather get a season's pass for King's Dominion, if they offer what Wow is saying.

Six flags rewards for the funatics club is also not that good either, five rewards isn't too tempting to visit a park regularly. The rewards are good, other than the fact there's only five of them. I just wish that they could offer a 25% discount on their meals since it's almost $9 for a damn hot dog and some fries, excluding your $4 drink! They should also offer a pay rides ticket where you pay half-price on all the pay rides so they can get some more love, but I'm probably sounding like the dippin' dots guy right now because it's way too unlikely they'd step up for it.

Offline Blackhand1001

• Global Moderator
  • Houdini's Great Escape
« Reply #29 on: September 02, 2010, 05:33:23 PM »
I recommend everyone concerned with the new parking policy to call or contact the park. I have already. If enough people call it will get changed. You just need to voice your concern.

Offline GADVwow

• Kingda Ka
« Reply #30 on: September 02, 2010, 08:36:22 PM »
Over Kings Island way, notice there is NO mention of free parking at other parks with a Platinum Pass on Kings Island's website for 2011 year either (just as there was not for Carowinds):

http://www.visitkingsisland.com/public/admission/passes/platinum_pass_perks.cfm

Is Cedar Fair doing the same thing as Six Flags, making parking passes good ONLY at the park where the season pass parking/season pass is purchased?

The KI FAQ still refers to 2010 and DOES mention free parking at other Cedar Fair parks with Platinum Passes.

Offline coastersue

• Spinmeister
« Reply #31 on: September 05, 2010, 01:36:21 PM »
I can definitely say that the sign at Dorney advertising for 2011 Cedar Fair Platinum Passes does indicate that it includes free parking at ALL parks.

Offline GADVwow

• Kingda Ka
« Reply #32 on: September 05, 2010, 04:15:10 PM »
Thank you. You've made me a most happy fellow.  I am also told the Geauga Lake website says Platinum Passes DO include free parking at the other Cedar Fair parks.

Offline coastermom

• Batman & Robin: The Chiller
« Reply #33 on: September 08, 2010, 07:21:19 AM »
Anyone know if I order the seasonpasses on line can I use the 20% fanatics thing they sent me with the freeparking if you buy more then 4 passes ? Just wondering ???

Offline Steve

• Administrator
  • El Toro
« Reply #34 on: September 08, 2010, 11:57:08 AM »
I want to say yes since you can only use the funatics discount online anyway.

Offline B-mac

• Nitro
« Reply #35 on: September 08, 2010, 02:52:14 PM »
Anyone know if I order the seasonpasses on line can I use the 20% fanatics thing they sent me with the freeparking if you buy more then 4 passes ? Just wondering ???

I saw that it worked on up to four passes and I'm not sure about how the parking works its way in.

Offline Millennium Force 44

• Rolling Thunder
  • Coaster King
« Reply #36 on: September 09, 2010, 12:47:34 PM »
Does anyone know if you get free 2011 parking if you purchase and process your pass by October 31, 2010? I got an email saying that you will receive a free parking pass, but the website seems to only mention that if you buy 4 passes.

Offline GAcoaster

• Jungleland Express
    • GreatAdventureHistory.com
« Reply #37 on: September 09, 2010, 10:03:59 PM »
It is only free parking for one pass in the four pack. 

Offline GADVwow

• Kingda Ka
« Reply #38 on: September 09, 2010, 10:36:10 PM »
...and that 2011 free parking, at least for now, is good only at the park where purchased.