Welcome, Guest

Latest 20 Shouts

Current Weather

SIX Stock

Author Topic: And the change continues  (Read 3428 times)

Offline GADVwow

• Kingda Ka
And the change continues
« on: September 07, 2010, 07:15:18 PM »
Today, SIX sent an innocent looking email to its interested recipients, announcing a new CFO and a new General Counsel.  Both come from exactly the same background as the new CEO, Siemens Healthcare Diagnostics and prior to that, Dade Behring Inc.  The executive bio for the new CFO says, in part, that he:

...negotiated and led the company through a debt restructuring and entry into the public equity market. He was instrumental in realigning the company’s cost structure, leading to significantly improved profitability, cash flow and debt profile overall....

I consider this the most significant news to come from Six Flags since the appointment of James Reid-Anderson as CEO.  Much can be learned about where this company is headed from reading the bios of these three gentlemen and divining what is in common betweenst them.

http://investors.sixflags.com/phoenix.zhtml?c=61629&p=irol-govManage#Duffey

Offline GADVwow

• Kingda Ka
Re: And the change continues
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2010, 09:08:57 PM »
And Jeffrey Speed has left to "pursue other opportunities."

Offline rjholla2003

• Admini-what?!
  • Administrator
  • Kingda Ka
  • Ehh, What's Up Doc!
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2010, 10:29:41 PM »
It's all about the $$$$$$$$$$$. Take that how you will...
Peep the concept, you've got progress, you've got congress
We protest in hopes they confess, just proceed on your conquest
I ain't got no gavel, I ain't finna fight nobody battle
I just wanna be free, I ain't finna be nobody's chattel

Offline Blackhand1001

• Global Moderator
  • Houdini's Great Escape
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2010, 01:14:29 AM »
I really hope six flags gets out of this trouble because I feel this takeover really has done more damage then good so far. They finally had some levelheaded management and they sent them packing.

Offline GAcoaster

• Jungleland Express
    • GreatAdventureHistory.com
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2010, 08:54:35 AM »
The new management is no better or worse than the old, just different. Looking at the history of the park, everything goes in cycles. Each change in ownership and management put their own stamp on the company and park with their own priorities.

Each team brings in its own people with their own idea of what the mission of the company is.  They try "their" way of doing things and if it works, great, if not they go back to the way things used to be.  Look at the team that just left (Shapiro and crew) and all the things they thought the Premier team did wrong (discounting tickets, Mr. Six, etc.) and how they got rid of all that, then quickly brought it all back.   

Offline Blackhand1001

• Global Moderator
  • Houdini's Great Escape
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2010, 10:54:00 AM »
Yeah, I guess, hopefully the keep up with the policies added by the previous management such as running all the trains available on rides, and keeping the park cleaner (in more ways than one) which I thought has improved vastly in the past few years.

Offline B-mac

• Nitro
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2010, 03:54:29 PM »
The only thing the park needs to "clean" is the way some of the vendors act, a lot of them act like they have better stuff to do than work at Great Adventure. Unfortunately, a LOT of people act like that these days and there are always people who are worse than them (I know this all to well).

Offline GADVwow

• Kingda Ka
« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2010, 08:56:14 AM »
...Some viewers have said they find Mr. Six kind of creepy, or at least an odd way to market a theme-park aimed at children.

Jim Reid-Anderson, Six Flags' new chairman, president and chief executive, apparently agrees with the critics. Under his leadership, Six Flags now concedes it has put too much marketing muscle behind Mr. Six and says future advertisements will feature much less of the dancing senior.

Mr. Six, it seems -- and you knew this was coming -- has been deep sixed....

http://www.timesunion.com/business/article/Six-s-degrees-of-separation-654820.php

Offline GADVwow

• Kingda Ka
« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2010, 09:28:27 PM »
Mr. Speed, the former CFO for the company, who was relieved of his duties without cause, is contesting that action and has filed for arbitration.

Perhaps more importantly, Mr. Al Weber has received a salary increase back to what he had been making as President and Interim CEO, $800,000.  Amendments to his employment agreement were filed with the SEC today.