Welcome, Guest

Latest 20 Shouts

Current Weather

SIX Stock

Author Topic: 2011 Season Pass - Best Price?  (Read 5638 times)

Offline RChadwick

2011 Season Pass - Best Price?
« on: September 11, 2010, 09:55:43 PM »
Does anyone know the best time to buy a Season Pass this year? Last year, it looks like the 20% discount in December was the best. Right now, there's a free parking pass, and I'm wondering if it would be better to pass this deal and wait for something better. Any insight?

Offline GADVwow

• Kingda Ka
Re: 2011 Season Pass - Best Price?
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2010, 10:07:08 PM »
Management has changed.  Past performance is no indicator of what they may do.

I do know they intend to bring "pricing integrity" to Six Flags.  If that is truly the case, I doubt you see better prices in the future.  If they do things like Cedar Fair, they are apt to slowly increase the pass prices as the season gets closer and closer.

Offline Steve

• Administrator
  • El Toro
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2010, 10:29:40 PM »
20% discount in December?

In the fall the prices are always the cheapest for next season passes. They tend to stay around the same in the Spring and shoot up after a few weeks depending on when they decide.

Offline GADVwow

• Kingda Ka
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2010, 10:37:53 PM »
Last year, old management had a one day 20 percent off sale on season passes in December.  Some of us were less than amused, having already renewed at a higher price.

Offline RChadwick

« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2010, 10:45:11 PM »
Exactly. I feel bad for you, and I don't want to find myself in the same position.

Last year, old management had a one day 20 percent off sale on season passes in December.  Some of us were less than amused, having already renewed at a higher price.

Offline GADVwow

• Kingda Ka
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2010, 10:48:33 PM »
Virtually every person instrumental in deciding marketing and pricing of season passes last year is no longer with the company, having left to "pursue other opportunities."

Offline WadeJ

• Administrator
  • Green Lantern
    • GadvOutpost
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2010, 08:57:26 AM »
This does bring up a good point. I think the family 4 pack with free parking is likely the best deal we'll see for all of 2011. But what is one to do if you only want one?  Buy the 4 pack with friends and then fight over the parking?  I don't see much enticing going on for single pass purchases right now.

Offline GADVwow

• Kingda Ka
« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2010, 12:40:28 PM »
Here's the link to the thread here about last year's December sale:

http://www.gadvoutpost.com/home.php/topic,2745.0.html

That was truly one of the dumbest things I have ever seen Six Flags do.  Perturb your most loyal fans who have already renewed by lowering the price and offering a special deal later...

If management had not changed, I'd say why trust them now?

Now, I do not have enough data to say that...

Offline GAcoaster

• Jungleland Express
    • GreatAdventureHistory.com
« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2010, 01:16:56 PM »
This does bring up a good point. I think the family 4 pack with free parking is likely the best deal we'll see for all of 2011. But what is one to do if you only want one?  Buy the 4 pack with friends and then fight over the parking?  I don't see much enticing going on for single pass purchases right now.
You can always add additional parking passes for $20 each to those other passes. It's still a pretty good deal...

Offline GADVwow

• Kingda Ka
« Reply #9 on: September 12, 2010, 01:26:04 PM »
..except for the fact that those parking passes are good only at the park where purchased.

I really bet a higher level pass is coming, at more expense...

Offline WadeJ

• Administrator
  • Green Lantern
    • GadvOutpost
« Reply #10 on: September 12, 2010, 04:56:03 PM »
Ahhh. Thanks for the heads up Tom. I missed the fine print on that one. While it still sucks that it's only for 1 park, that actually is fairly reasonable to add another person.

Still doesn't change the fact that I won't visit other SF properties next season now.

Offline GAcoaster

• Jungleland Express
« Reply #11 on: September 12, 2010, 08:25:59 PM »
If I had to bet, I think the policy will change. That and I have to wonder how closely anyone will look at the passes from park to park.  Half the time they barely check to see if a pass has parking on it, let alone which park it was issued from. I know with the old stickers some parks used the same ones and I often got waved through at SFA and SFNE.

Offline Steve

• Administrator
  • El Toro
« Reply #12 on: September 13, 2010, 10:20:24 AM »
I just don't understand why they are going back to this policy. If you change a policy, leave it the way it is. Changing it back is just going to get a lot of people irate.

Offline GAcoaster

• Jungleland Express
« Reply #13 on: September 13, 2010, 05:33:28 PM »
The new management needs to make that call, then deal with the push back from the public.  Honestly while many of us who are members of fan sites for each park may get upset that our parking privilege for other parks has been taken away, how many guests never go to other SF properties (or are even aware they exist)? 

Personally I think it's a stupid change since the people who do go to other parks tend to go and spend money on food and souvenirs at those parks even more than in their home parks.  For the extra $15 they might make on parking, they'll lose more in in-park spending for the people who will choose not to go.

Offline B-mac

• Nitro
« Reply #14 on: September 13, 2010, 06:07:42 PM »
I honestly think the should have two levels of parking and season passes. One for the home park and one for all the parks. They should charge an extra $15 for nat'l parking and have a set price across all of the Six Flags parks so no one can cheat the system. Here's to dreamin'.

Offline RChadwick

« Reply #15 on: October 18, 2010, 02:28:03 AM »
A small update on pricing. I was at Fright Fest tonight, and went into the bathroom to do some minor business. Over one of the urinals, it had an ad for their Funatics email promotion. It listed a number of things you can get, most of which I alread got, like a free parking upgrade, free drink, bring a friend for free, etc... The last item on the list was 20% off a 2011 pass. Since I usually get these freebies a few days after I visit, does that mean I might be getting a 20% discount in my email soon? Anyone else get this, or notice this?

I'd take them up on their free parking pass deal, but you need to get 4, and my family is 3...

Offline Ogolo

• Rolling Thunder
« Reply #16 on: October 18, 2010, 08:15:37 AM »
The 20% email went out last month (around 09/14) shortly after the season passes went on sale. 
If you met the 5 visits before September 6, 2010 criteria and you did not receive the discount code then you should contact the park.

Offline RChadwick

« Reply #17 on: December 19, 2010, 09:27:43 AM »
Thanks for the info. I checked into it, and I did visit 5 times. I emailed six flags, but got no response. I emailed again a few weeks later, and still no response. Between this, the 'No Deal For Me' on passes this year (They don't seem to be concerned with loyalty), and the upcharge for Fright Fest, I'm thinking now I'll just sit out Six Flags this year, and see how things shape up in 2012. Ironically, I've got another 8 friends that want to go, but weren't planning on getting passes. I was planning on bringing them with my coupon books. I really resent trying to be pushed into the position as an unpaid salesman for Six Flags, then fight over the parking pass. I've been meaning to check out Knobels anyway.

Offline coastermom

• Batman & Robin: The Chiller
« Reply #18 on: December 19, 2010, 09:39:25 AM »
The upcharge for FF has not gone through as of yet HAS IT ? I dont think so I think they are thinking about it . I do have to say they need to ramp up the fright in the Fright Fest to have it worth any up charge ( this from a person who is scared of her own showdow ! ) They also need to control the crowds and lines of over 2 hours for Nitro for it to be worth it ! NO ONE will pay an extra 30 bucks a head for what they offer now and NO ONE should have to wait that long to get on a ride after such an upcharge . Just my opinion though

Offline Steve

• Administrator
  • El Toro
« Reply #19 on: December 19, 2010, 10:38:15 AM »
No, it's all rumor and speculation regarding charging for FF.

Chadwick, when did you e-mail the park? If it was recent, there isn't going to be anyone there until January.

Offline RChadwick

« Reply #20 on: December 19, 2010, 02:56:45 PM »
I emailed in October and November, give or take a few weeks. I could be wrong, but I think the email went to 'SixFlags.com', not specifically great adventure.

Offline RChadwick

« Reply #21 on: January 05, 2011, 01:27:06 PM »
Does anyone know a phone number contact for the funatics program? My emails have still gone unanswered, and the only information I can find is that it has to be redeemed by January 31, 2011.

Offline WadeJ

• Administrator
  • Green Lantern
    • GadvOutpost
« Reply #22 on: January 05, 2011, 01:39:22 PM »
I'd give them a few more days.  Nobody has even been there until just this week since the season ended ;).