Welcome, Guest

Latest 20 Shouts

Current Weather

SIX Stock

Author Topic: Official 2011 Construction Thread!  (Read 24991 times)

Offline jglonek

• Administrator
  • Kingda Ka
  • It's simple, we, uh, kill the Batman.
    • http://www.gadvoutpost.com
Official 2011 Construction Thread!
« on: September 26, 2010, 11:02:48 AM »
Six Flags Great Adventure decided to close the Great American Scream Machine on July 18th to make way for a new coaster in 2011. To make sure that the new coaster is ready for opening day, the park first needs to remove Scream Machine as fast as possible, and then they need to prepare the site for the new attraction. Expect the pieces of the coaster to come, and even possibly construction to begin, by Fright Fest. (This construction photo of Ka from Fright Fest 2004 is still one of my favorites).

While there has been no official announcement of what the 2011 coaster will be, it's widely believed to be Chang from the former Six Flags Kentucky Kingdom, which closed last year. Chang was supposed to be set up at Six Flags Great America in Chicago next year, but plans changed at the last minute. Chang is a B&M stand-up coaster, which would make it a unique attraction at the park.

We will be following the construction of the 2011 coaster all season long. Check back here frequently for updates!

Current Progress: Green Lantern pieces arriving, Scream Machine site being cleared.

Latest Updates

September 25th

One thing is for sure: Scream Machine is definitely gone.

Biggest news: Green Lantern pieces are on site in the parking lot! The track is painted hunter green and the supports are black!

And if anyone doubted this is Chang, there is an un(re)painted part of the lift hill on site as well.

It's good to see they took the time to clean up and paint the rest, though!

You can see our live update from the day on our Facebook!

Here are all the construction photos from the day!

Previous Updates

All previous updates regarding Scream Machine's removal have been moved to this thread!
« Last Edit: September 26, 2010, 11:05:19 AM by jglonek »

Offline B-mac

• Nitro
Re: Official 2011 Construction Thread!
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2010, 08:42:18 AM »
We might need to merge a few threads on this site... there are three devoted towards Chang/Lantern's construction.

Offline kingdakafan

• Movietown Water Effect
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2010, 11:37:51 AM »
u guys can get rid of my thread. ill just post my weekend pic updates on either 2011 constuction or green lantern pieces on site.

Intamin rhymes with win for a reason!

Offline B-mac

• Nitro
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2010, 06:15:14 PM »
when I went to Fall Family Fun Night last night I noticed more pieces had shown up and they dug a tiny hole by kingda ka, really nothing new otherwise.

Offline kingdakafan

• Movietown Water Effect
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2010, 11:01:20 AM »
who has seen these fly by pics from coaster fusion? they are some really nice pics. looks like alot of peices but still many mor to come im guessing.

http://coasterfusion.com/page.php?487.0

Intamin rhymes with win for a reason!

Offline Steve

• Administrator
  • El Toro
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2010, 02:16:22 PM »
I do not see fly by pics, only illegal ones taken from the parachute tower.

Offline WadeJ

• Administrator
  • Green Lantern
    • GadvOutpost
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2010, 03:01:39 PM »
Yup.  Decent quality show though.  Just please don't post any directly on this site :).

CAMERAS
For the safety of our guests, cameras are only allowed on the following rides: Carousel, Sky Ride and Big Wheel.

Offline B-mac

• Nitro
« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2010, 03:31:08 PM »
They should be starting to dig the foundations for the footers in the next few weeks, then and again Great Adventure did say it was opening in the early summer and not with the rest of the park...

Offline WadeJ

• Administrator
  • Green Lantern
    • GadvOutpost
« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2010, 03:40:43 PM »
I think they are just saying that now after how much the weather has impacted recent projects lol

So if it's a good winter then I guess we'll all be excited that it opened "early".

Offline Coasterdude28

• Affiliate
  • Monkey Around
« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2010, 10:16:02 PM »
Some guy on the FB page is posting about a package of flats that is coming to the Boardwalk area of the park next year, including a Star Flyer. Says he got his info from CoasterFusion, I think.

I don't think he has a clue what he is talking about, but has anyone else seen anything recently about that?