Welcome, Guest

Latest 20 Shouts

Current Weather

SIX Stock

Author Topic: Six Flags Fire Department Disbanded  (Read 1163 times)

Offline jglonek

• Administrator
  • Kingda Ka
  • It's simple, we, uh, kill the Batman.
    • http://www.gadvoutpost.com
Six Flags Fire Department Disbanded
« on: September 28, 2010, 11:13:58 PM »
It's been discussed for a few days, but FFHayesJr has found an article which brings more legitimacy to the topic: The Six Flags Fire Department is no more.

While this is not an official announcement from the park, it's probably the best we are ever going to get. And barring anything wrong with this story it seems pretty legit to me.

If this is true, it actually makes me concerned for guest safety at the park. I wonder if the park actually talked to Jackson Township and made sure they felt it was a good idea before they did it - I hope they did. And I also hope it was cut because the department was no longer needed - NOT because of budget cuts.

I don't know anymore to this story, and I was actually hoping it turned out to not be true. I'm sad that isn't the case.

I do hope that this does not negatively affect guest safety. And if it does, I hope it does not take something tragic to make the park realize disbanding the department was a bad idea.

As the article states, if you have any concerns about this:

Please call Angel Aristone at 732-928-2000 Ext. 2832. Tell management at Six Flags Great Adventure that disbanding their fire department is a mistake that will hurt public safety.