Welcome, Guest

Latest 20 Shouts

Current Weather

SIX Stock

Author Topic: Fright Fest 2010 Impressions  (Read 2014 times)

Offline jglonek

• Administrator
  • Kingda Ka
  • It's simple, we, uh, kill the Batman.
    • http://www.gadvoutpost.com
Fright Fest 2010 Impressions
« on: October 12, 2010, 12:57:04 PM »
Sorry that this is getting written a few days later. We went to Fright Fest on Saturday and have been pretty busy since then. Pictures will be going up later today!

So to start the day off, as we headed to the park we ran into the Conan Blimp on Route 1 in PA. If you don't know what the Conan Blimp is, you should!

We took a ride through the safari first when we got to the park - mainly to see if the Temple of the Tiger tigers were there. Unfortunately we do not believe we saw them, so I'm not sure what's going on with that. But that's another topic!

Once we headed to park around 4PM, the parking lot was almost full already. We parked all the way back by the trees in the right lot (if you are looking at the park). Word is that there were over 35,000 people in the park on Saturday night, and I believe it. That's the busiest I've ever seen Fright Fest this early in October. I guess the really nice weather helped out!

One thing we noticed while walking in is that a fence has been put up in the parking lot around Superman. If you recall from the artist rendering of Green Lantern shown at the Jackson Township Planning Board meeting, the lift hill will be closest to the parking lot, and will be heading out towards it. There will be a turnaround at the end of Superman that will go back into Scream Machine's spot. So they are already starting prep work on that area.

The real question is - grass, or no grass?

Once we got into the park (which wasn't too bad, the lines were moving and lots of booths were open), we headed over to catch the end of the Professor Slithers show. It's a different employee doing Slithers this year, but it's still highly amusing - I suggest watching it at least once!

After that we headed to the Big Wheel for the Awakening, which at 15 minutes beforehand was absolutely packed. Everyone was there for the Awakening, which was great as usual, and then for Dead Man's Party. Also, great as usual. They took out the Bad to the Bone song that was in last year's and added.. something. It wasn't even remotely interesting so I forgot it already. But other than that, same show! They also extended Bring me to Life and Rama Lama so they are full length songs each now, instead of cut in half like they were for last year's.

Once that was over we headed to the dolphin show, the Island of Doctor Moron (it's french!). By the time the show started the stadium reached max capacity. Yeah. I said it was busy. The show was pretty good, and still had dolphins, sea lions and gags. It was nice to see it switched up from the show of witches and Davey Bones from the last few years. They were also using one (or both?) of their baby sea lions for the majority of the show - so cute!

Once that was done we headed to Showcase Theater to see the Ghoulmaster's Ghosts show, which I was told I had to see. Again a full house, and it definitely was a great show! Something different for the park, and I recommend that everyone go see it. The only problem I had was that there were people screaming and yelling and cheering the whole time - I felt like I was missing something! Can anyone explain that to me? But still, great show - go see it!

We were going to stay for Hypnosteria after that, but we had already been in the park for five hours and decided to call it quits. So we also did not head over to any of the terror trails of ghoul areas. But we also did not see any ghouls the entire time we were walking around the one side of the  park. What were everyone else's experience with ghouls? I get a feeling they get cut back more and more each year.

So all in all, another year of Fright Fest. If you went last year and liked it - go again! If you didn't, well maybe Ghoulmaster's Ghosts will be enough reason for you to go back!

Pictures will be up later!

Offline coastermom

• Batman & Robin: The Chiller
Re: Fright Fest 2010 Impressions
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2010, 01:17:44 PM »
WE were also in the park on Saturday . We got there around 12 and stayed the day . During the day the lines for rides were not that bad at all . We went to the Ghoulmasters Ghosts show as well the 7:15 show I believe . I do not get the screaming either but the show was pretty good .

We did see Ghouls but they were few and far between only two or three by the boardwalk area and a few maybe 5 or 6 by the lakefront area . There were a few by the fountain but not as many as I remember in past years . We did not go over by the runaway train so I do not know how many were over there .

One thing I hope that maybe the park should do or could do is to get the ropes from the Glow in the Park parade and put them up becasue the area to see the Awaking and Dead mans party is a mess from 5 PM on . They need some kind of a better system there . They added some kind of vampire song something about biting your neck or biting my neck something not memorable .

We like Fright Fest but are not sure if we are going to make another visit this season I did however got my passes for next year with my free parking and I also got to use my 20 % off one pass becasue I bought 5 passes in two differnt transactions .

Offline kingdakafan

• Movietown Water Effect
Re: Fright Fest 2010 Impressions
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2010, 11:12:29 PM »
The screaming and yelling is probably because the ghoul master is like a moviestar. Everybody loves him. He's become the iconic image of sixflags gadv fright fest. And when he sticks his tounge out people got nuts! Basically you could say ff would be nothing without him.

Intamin rhymes with win for a reason!