Welcome, Guest

Latest 20 Shouts

Current Weather

SIX Stock

Author Topic: Busch Gardens Williamsburg news  (Read 1490 times)

Offline B-mac

• Nitro
Busch Gardens Williamsburg news
« on: December 01, 2010, 05:32:47 PM »
I know this is a little early for updates on BGW's 2012 project, but I'm starting to hear news about their plans...

Screamscape has stated that BGW has submitted building permit applications to James City County in order to get started on the coaster. They also have plans for a 26,000 sq.ft. 'event building' which will be 80 ft. above the "existing grade." and there will also be a bridge 95 ft. above "existing grade." this link here says "existing grade" is the height of the ravine where Big Bad Wolf made its famous drop into the Rhine River Valley. The article also states that the ravine will be leveled out.

Good news for the rumor about Big Bad Wolf's station being demolished during the off season, the station will be used to house the new coaster.

Screamscape states that the building could be used as an indoor section of the layout and no news about what's planned for BGW's third bridge in that half of the park. I'm really looking forward to this and I have no other news about a possible name or theme for the ride.

Offline GADVwow

• Kingda Ka
Re: Busch Gardens Williamsburg news
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2010, 05:43:30 AM »
County planning staff will conduct a balloon test this Wednesday to evaluate the visual impact of a new rollercoaster proposed for Busch Gardens in 2012.

The test runs 8 a.m.-2 p.m. Two balloons will be used to demonstrate the height of the attraction, which exceeds the permitted 60 feet above ground level in two locations.

Park execs filed height waivers and special use permits just before Thanksgiving. Based on the drawings, it appears much of the ride will be indoors. A 26,000-square-foot building will stand eight stories, and a “themed bridge” will extend 95 feet above the existing grade....

http://www.vagazette.com/articles/2010/12/07/news/doc4cfe2936c2f43603429414.txt

Offline B-mac

• Nitro
Re: Busch Gardens Williamsburg news
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2011, 12:10:03 PM »
Jumping this thread due to big news coming out. BGW Fans has pictures of the new multi-launch coaster for next year. I wish I can get them to here but Screamscape and BGWfans servers are down for some reason.

I also found out from BGWfans that the coaster will be made by Zierer and will feature a movement section inside the event center similar to Thirteen at Alton Towers. The Coaster will be named Verbolten and have much of the same layout as Big Bad Wolf in the outdoor segments.

I will get the pictures when I can get the opportunity.

Also, rumors are starting to form about them getting another coaster in 2014. But that's wayyy to early to confirm.

EDIT: Their forums are back up... The coaster won't be named Verbolten and they said that some pictures were posted that shouldn't of been there.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2011, 12:18:03 PM by B-mac »