Welcome, Guest

Latest 20 Shouts

Current Weather

SIX Stock

Author Topic: 2011 GA Outpost Trips  (Read 15391 times)

Offline Edwardo

• Enchanted Teacups
  • El Toro Lover
Re: 2011 GA Outpost Trips
« Reply #75 on: February 11, 2011, 09:20:44 AM »
Airlines put their new sale prices up on Tuesday at around 2-3 pm.  After midnite is true also for some companies, but for whatever reason, Tuesday is the day apparently.

Offline PcMan

• Kingda Ka
  • Yo
    • techhi.net
« Reply #76 on: February 11, 2011, 03:23:13 PM »
Yes correct Tuesday 2-3pm best time

I have 2 Southwest AIrlines CHase Visa Cards and run as much purchases I can and bills through it
and just go online to pay within a few days to prevent interest charges
I get Points etc. towards free airfare.
I have 2  roundtrips (4 total) already I need to take within a year anywhere they fly
they just bought out AIR TRAN so they are expanding into the Caribbean and Europe

FYI Southwest doesn't charge to change your flight like other airlines and can be done online and even the day of a flight
Yo

Offline Ogolo

• Rolling Thunder
« Reply #77 on: February 12, 2011, 09:32:23 AM »
Another nice item from that link:

If you are shopping for a domestic airline ticket you should know that airlines tend to start releasing cheaper seats about 3 to 4 month before departure (this is when airlines begin to actively manage revenue for the cheapest of their 10 price points for seats on most flights) – and yes that is when you should start shopping, about 3 1/2 months before departure — any earlier and you’re probably paying too much.

No benefit in being the early bird.
Reserve that log bed or tent and wait a bit for the flight.

Offline WadeJ

• Administrator
  • Green Lantern
    • GadvOutpost
« Reply #78 on: February 12, 2011, 11:35:07 AM »
On the flip side, don't wait until the last minute either. I had to get to boston this week last minute. Direct flight from philly to logan would have been nearly 700 bucks. I found a delta flight instead through detroit to manchester NH for $210. The connection sucked but it was better than driving. I know I could have flown direct for 2-300 bucks had I booked it just 2-3 weeks ago. So don't wait too long!