Welcome, Guest

Latest 20 Shouts

Current Weather

SIX Stock

Author Topic: Coaster Mania  (Read 12778 times)

Offline dkny6363

• Batman The Ride
Re: Coaster Mania
« Reply #25 on: January 04, 2011, 10:51:31 PM »
I have this delema of being a wood junkie, with a casual coaster fanatics family who prefer steel. Matt the cost is closer thn you`d think. Think of the extra money you`d drop on food at mania. HWN has 2 full out dinners and 1 breakfast, not to mention im park food is half the price at hw.

Offline AV Matt

• Kingda Ka
  • I'm the guy that looks like me.
    • Coaster-Count.com
« Reply #26 on: January 04, 2011, 11:36:18 PM »
I'm just saying what my friend, Lori says every year. She claims it costs a ton more for her family of three to go to HoliWood Nights than it does for them to go to Mania. I don't care about the math. LOL

Offline Edwardo

• Enchanted Teacups
  • El Toro Lover
« Reply #27 on: January 05, 2011, 08:40:21 AM »
As far as food goes, there are tons more off park options that are cheaper at CP than at HW.  You can get cheaper hotels too.

Offline dkny6363

• Batman The Ride
« Reply #28 on: January 05, 2011, 09:31:38 AM »
I guess the benefits of staying at a CP resort would go out the window for CM. Due to the fact early entry is the only real benefit. What do hotels run that time of year

Offline Edwardo

• Enchanted Teacups
  • El Toro Lover
« Reply #29 on: January 05, 2011, 11:36:32 AM »
Not sure about the actual prices.  And the only real benefit I could see staying on site during CM would be that you're staying on site, and could probably walk to the park.  Otherwise, you could save money and stay off point.

Offline AV Matt

• Kingda Ka
    • Coaster-Count.com
« Reply #30 on: January 05, 2011, 03:47:21 PM »
Rob, Chuck, Dan, and I have stayed at a nice Super 8 in Sandusky a few times. I think it was in the $70 a night range and had very comfy beds!

Offline B-mac

• Nitro
« Reply #31 on: January 05, 2011, 04:44:11 PM »
I stayed at a knight's inn about 1.5 miles away. It was decet but it had a dumpster pool.

Offline Bubba Z

• White Castle Fries only come in one size
  • Global Moderator
  • Nitro
    • http://www.freewebs.com/fredbean/index.htm
« Reply #32 on: January 06, 2011, 02:39:27 AM »
FYI, the HolIWood Nights flyer is up and for the first time ever, I SO WANT THE T-SHIRT!

awesome ! I might sign up for this event.. Plus since I'm an anything  park map ticket  hoarder,  I still have the free passes for the timberliners so I should be able to get in for free!!!

Offline B-mac

• Nitro
« Reply #33 on: January 06, 2011, 07:23:29 AM »
The timberliners are guaranteed to be run this year, right?

Offline AV Matt

• Kingda Ka
    • Coaster-Count.com
« Reply #34 on: January 06, 2011, 11:25:19 AM »
Yes, the park said they will be ready for opening day. 

Offline Ogolo

• Rolling Thunder
« Reply #35 on: January 06, 2011, 04:07:12 PM »
awesome ! I might sign up for this event.. Plus since I'm an anything  park map ticket  hoarder,  I still have the free passes for the timberliners so I should be able to get in for free!!!

I believe I read somewhere they are giving a significant discount for 2011 if you still have your free ticket from 2010.
But you have to contact the organizers directly ahead of time to get it.
I usually keep these type of things..but m ticket is no where to be found.  :-[

Now back to Coaster Mania talk...

Offline Edwardo

• Enchanted Teacups
  • El Toro Lover
« Reply #36 on: January 07, 2011, 08:54:37 PM »
Speaking of...the CM itinerary is up.

Offline dkny6363

• Batman The Ride
« Reply #37 on: January 08, 2011, 01:28:58 AM »
Too funny.. i've checked everyday for about a month expcept today. lol. Thanks Clint, for the heads up. Well I'm officially going now. I really like the ert changes from last year. At least most of them. Seeing wows nemesis (Dick) in the flesh is tooo much to pass up. Doesn't him being there reak of possible announcement? The ert's... the friday night one is argubly worse. With TTD, and Magnum still on the list. With raptor, and Mantis replaced from last year by (in it's 20th year) MEAN STREAK. As well as skyhawk. Clearly a worse ERT in a sense, but it's an extra hr! Also my fams interest in the 2 bm's would have been large which would cause huge comp for magnum ert time. Now extra Magnum rides are looking up. The following mourning its MF, and Maverick same as last year... but added to that is TCFKAB in it's 15th year. and Cockscrew in its 35th year.. Great ert with a good chance to get the obligated mantis ride out of the way without waiting an hr mid day saturday. I would have prefered Iron Dragon over corkscrew but whatever. On to the night ERT Last year and this year DT, Wicked Twister, Max Air, Blue Streak.. but added to that is RAPTOR! and 1 hr of Windseeker, which doesn't overly interest me but if imgoing to ride it at all it will be in that 1 hr ert. My family self included loves raptor. Also this ert will be 1 hr 45 min. The mourning ert will be from 5:30-8:30. One ride I was surprised not to see this year was STR. I also wish Gemini was in there on friday night with magnum, and dragster. Races with die hards would be a good time. Really looking forward to this trip now. OHH! also Ravine flyer the day before! Makes missing voyage this year slightly bearable. Seee you in 2012 HW. Hopefully you will have either a Lost coaster of superstision mt, or a wooden warrior to offer by then. My two most likely next coasters for them.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2011, 01:32:07 AM by dkny6363 »

Offline GADVwow

• Kingda Ka
« Reply #38 on: January 08, 2011, 06:48:08 AM »
Given what may well happen Tuesday, I would not necessarily count on seeing Mr. Richard Kinzel at that event in June.  Nor would I call that gentleman my nemesis...nemesis of the unit holders he tried to sell out for $11.50 a unit while escaping with millions and millions for himself and his general manager son?  Yes.  Nemesis of the park associates that he tried to claim were not covered by minimum wage laws while taking home more than a million each year?  Yes.  Nemesis of Q?  Yes.  But me?  I have other fish to fry...and certainly other things to do at that wonderful event than listen to the man who largely built up Cedar Point to what it is today...then stayed too long and got the company head over heels in debt, largely just to get an Eiffel Tower featuring park in Southern Ohio he had always wanted in his dominion.

Offline dkny6363

• Batman The Ride
« Reply #39 on: January 08, 2011, 10:52:57 AM »
I'm not quite sure what you just said but it sounds to me like you're the voice of the people. Maybe an angry mob will drown him in lake erie. ;) Or perhaps force him to ride mean streak 10 times in a row. Not sure what is worse.

Offline AV Matt

• Kingda Ka
    • Coaster-Count.com
« Reply #40 on: January 08, 2011, 12:05:12 PM »
Make him ride Maverick with the zero G roll re-installed. ;)

Offline dkny6363

• Batman The Ride
« Reply #41 on: January 08, 2011, 01:15:29 PM »
I am aware of the 0-g roll but not about how good/bad it was. I always assumed it was cool but too hard on the ride. But it was bad?

Offline AV Matt

• Kingda Ka
    • Coaster-Count.com
« Reply #42 on: January 08, 2011, 01:29:18 PM »
Intamin's official excuse was that it caused excessive stress on the train and structure. But I have it on good authority that it knocked Sandor out cold and he returned to the station unconscious.

Offline B-mac

• Nitro
« Reply #43 on: January 09, 2011, 02:16:22 AM »
Mean streak will cause a slow and painful demise, while maverick's roll will just knock you out until you head cracks open... yes the roll did knock someone out.

Offline dkny6363

• Batman The Ride
« Reply #44 on: January 09, 2011, 12:59:34 PM »
Funny story... I was 50/50 betweem HWN's, and CM.

Sooo I was going to let my family decide. I was going to put it up to a three person vote and I had assumed CM would win 3-0. But at least then they feel like part of the process. So I ditched it and asked my wife only what she thought. She said 100% CP and she gaurenteed me the other 2 would follow suit without thinking twice. Anyway we ended up just telling the 2 kids we are going to CP. Really excitted of course. Then today I told them I was going to give them the choice, my daughter tells me 100% HWN's and Hw is 1000 times better than CP. My son doesn't make up his mind easily and everything is always indecision with him. But he was 50/50 mainly due to the water park. Long story short my planned vote would have ended up 1.5-1.5 and I would have ended up just choosing anyways. At least now I know HWN is down for next june.

Offline AV Matt

• Kingda Ka
    • Coaster-Count.com
« Reply #45 on: January 09, 2011, 02:03:03 PM »
Your kids have good taste! :)

Offline B-mac

• Nitro
« Reply #46 on: January 09, 2011, 04:21:03 PM »
Your son is worse than me... Whenever someone asks me top pick one of two options I just blurt it out and leave, I don't even take the time to think. This works with everything unless I'm navigating a trip where we (whomever I am with) have no clue where we are.

Offline dkny6363

• Batman The Ride
« Reply #47 on: January 16, 2011, 12:08:27 AM »
The CM page says you get a free drink refill wristband. Does that mean you get free drinks all weekend. How HWN`s of CP.
as long as you don`t have have to carry around a cup.

Offline AV Matt

• Kingda Ka
    • Coaster-Count.com
« Reply #48 on: January 17, 2011, 08:42:18 PM »
In the past I had to carry around a cup. A small refillable cup. Like 12oz.

Offline dkny6363

• Batman The Ride
« Reply #49 on: January 17, 2011, 10:27:34 PM »
Well that won`t do...