Welcome, Guest

Latest 20 Shouts

Current Weather

SIX Stock

Author Topic: Is The Glow in the Park Parade Gone?  (Read 3741 times)

Offline jglonek

• Administrator
  • Kingda Ka
  • It's simple, we, uh, kill the Batman.
    • http://www.gadvoutpost.com
Is The Glow in the Park Parade Gone?
« on: January 11, 2011, 08:40:01 AM »
There was an interesting comment on Six Fiags' official Twitter account recently, which was the following:

@Roller_Coaster @Screamscape Glow in the Park will be @SixFlagsMexico exclusive. Still tons of great shows on tap for 2011 in the US parks!

Now, that doesn't sound too promising. There are comments on Great Adventure's Facebook page about it, so we will see if they have anything to say.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2011, 01:21:55 PM by jglonek »

Offline Steve

• Administrator
  • El Toro
Re: Is The Glow in the Park Parade Gone?
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2011, 10:29:27 AM »
They are getting rid of something else? How am I not surprised...

Offline coastermom

• Batman & Robin: The Chiller
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2011, 10:47:23 AM »
Wow we really enjoyed the parade I have to say it did draw crowds too .. I hope it is not true that they are getting rid if it but one never knows with the new management it wouldnt suprise me .

Offline jglonek

• Administrator
  • Kingda Ka
  • It's simple, we, uh, kill the Batman.
    • http://www.gadvoutpost.com
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2011, 02:14:56 PM »
SFGA says "we are evaluating our shows" right now (same thing they said before they announced tigers were gone). SFGAm is saying (yesterday, anyway) that the parade would still be there. And SFNE is saying the parade is gone.

So who knows!

Offline B-mac

• Nitro
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2011, 03:40:36 PM »
...i hate this management team...

Offline jimmybjammin

• Raja's Rickshaws
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2011, 08:32:56 PM »
They will keep the sea lion/dolphin shows still right? if they get rid of that there would be no more shows to evaluate.

Offline nitrorox1414

• Blackbeard's Lost Treasure Train
  • Arms Down Head Back Hold On!!!
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2011, 09:13:27 PM »
...i hate this management team...

I totally agree...

Offline Bubba Z

• White Castle Fries only come in one size
  • Global Moderator
  • Nitro
    • http://www.freewebs.com/fredbean/index.htm
« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2011, 10:11:10 AM »
no worries on the Dolphins. They are staying.

Offline B-mac

• Nitro
« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2011, 02:12:35 PM »
hope they are, that show has always been good. To bad one of the best show additions to the park isn't going to stay.

I wonder why for the fiftieth anniversary they're taking away all these shows and events instead of improving them... big budget coasters does not a make a good overall park. Maybe they are turning into Cedar Point...

Offline coastermom

• Batman & Robin: The Chiller
« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2011, 10:39:05 AM »
hope they are, that show has always been good. To bad one of the best show additions to the park isn't going to stay.

I wonder why for the fiftieth anniversary they're taking away all these shows and events instead of improving them... big budget coasters does not a make a good overall park. Maybe they are turning into Cedar Point...

I agree with you and have to say I hope they are not going to make it like it was years ago with only mega coasters and less shows and even less family stuff  . My little one is still under 54 inches and well until he makes it we have lots of down time with nothing to do . Great Move there SF ! I have to say at this point a trip to CP will be in the works as he is over 52 inches and can now ride MF and TTD . Which are both great coasters !

Offline WadeJ

• Administrator
  • Green Lantern
    • GadvOutpost
« Reply #10 on: January 14, 2011, 11:11:43 AM »
Keep in mind all of the IP in these parades. I know SFNE had thomas and wiggles and we had the wiggles as well. I think there might have been a few other things in the parade that could pose a problem. I not saying it can't be fixed but it does need to be modified or the floats dropped completely.

Offline Millennium Force 44

• Rolling Thunder
  • Coaster King
« Reply #11 on: January 14, 2011, 04:47:07 PM »
I wonder if six flags is going to send the letters "scream" to SFMM.... Wouldn't be surprised if they made it the new logo for their floorless and said it was a brand new ride.

Offline B-mac

• Nitro
« Reply #12 on: January 14, 2011, 09:09:15 PM »
I'm surprised they haven't spruced up the ride any out there. It's the definiton of a parking lot coaster and was just thrown together. Atleast with supes over here we gave it some grass...

Getting back on topic, a lot of the floats were really looney tunes and six flags related. There was the wiggles, and they also had the DC heroes too; the latter which is staying. I do remember a cocacola float or something along those lines. There really wouldn't be much lost in great adventure if they were only to drop the wiggles.

Offline Steve

• Administrator
  • El Toro
« Reply #13 on: January 14, 2011, 10:53:10 PM »
Going off your first comment b mac, at least they ripped up the parking lot under it and not building it directly on top.

Offline rjholla2003

• Admini-what?!
  • Administrator
  • Kingda Ka
  • Ehh, What's Up Doc!
« Reply #14 on: January 14, 2011, 11:47:44 PM »
B-Mac, there wasn't any "sponsored" float in the parade. It was all Looney Tunes, Justice League, Random singer lady, Wiggles, and Mr. Six.
Peep the concept, you've got progress, you've got congress
We protest in hopes they confess, just proceed on your conquest
I ain't got no gavel, I ain't finna fight nobody battle
I just wanna be free, I ain't finna be nobody's chattel

Offline B-mac

• Nitro
« Reply #15 on: January 15, 2011, 12:15:26 AM »
I only saw the parade twice, so I guess all the sponsor spam around the parade got into my head and somehow my memory of the parade. I mean like skittles, starburst, coke, armitron, etc... The advertising annoyed the living hell out of me, but I guess it racks some money in.

And steve, that is 100% what I meant. Supes could've been a lot worse than what it is now, imagine it's pretzel loop going into an asphault hole and the ride being surrounded by quick chain link fencing. That would give the guests a nice welcome to the park.