Welcome, Guest

Latest 20 Shouts

Current Weather

SIX Stock

Author Topic: Disneyland Characters Collared  (Read 1533 times)

Offline GADVwow

• Kingda Ka
Disneyland Characters Collared
« on: January 21, 2011, 04:36:19 PM »
Sad, just sad:

http://www.mouseplanet.com/9510/Collared

Well worth the read....and sad.

Offline WadeJ

• Administrator
  • Green Lantern
    • GadvOutpost
Re: Disneyland Characters Collared
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2011, 04:50:12 PM »
Something tells me that the public outcry may actually reverse this trend a little.  There does need to be balance.

Offline B-mac

• Nitro
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2011, 05:14:55 PM »
I actually liked the random encounters around the parks. It was very special for the little kids and it didn't negatively effect anyone's day. In fact it actually made most peoples days; especially the kids. Having a line for a character meet and greet will really ruin most peoples experience with their vacations due to everyone knowing where the characters are and flocking to that area, making huge lines and packing too many people in one area. It is a profit-minded decision that should have been turned down the second the person came up with the idea.

-on another note, the editor on screamscape went on a monstrous rant over how photopass is the real world skynet. I wouldn't jump THAT far, but they do seem to think the six flags approach is good for the profit side of business.

Offline WadeJ

• Administrator
  • Green Lantern
    • GadvOutpost
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2011, 05:38:54 PM »
For this family of 5 (soon 6), Photopass freaking rocks.  It's so awesome to just walk anywhere and have them do all the work!

Offline Ogolo

• Rolling Thunder
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2011, 06:35:28 PM »
Six!
Must have been that trip to Europe.

Offline coastermom

• Batman & Robin: The Chiller
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2011, 09:43:45 PM »
For this family of 5 (soon 6), Photopass freaking rocks.  It's so awesome to just walk anywhere and have them do all the work!

6 WOW ... Congrats ! ... And yes with a family of 5 the photo pass is wonderful . I also love the Visa Disney card Meet and Greet .. that is another wonderful experience !