Welcome, Guest

Latest 20 Shouts

Current Weather

SIX Stock

Author Topic: Abandoned Joyland No Joyland  (Read 1947 times)

Offline GADVwow

• Kingda Ka
Abandoned Joyland No Joyland
« on: May 08, 2011, 08:55:17 AM »
Pardon me, wow needs a tissue. Badly:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1384747/New-images-reveal-derelict-Joyland-amusement-park-heart-America.html

The video at the end is heartbreaking.

Please note WHERE the article is from. This was a great park. Was. Roller Coaster...the only major wooden coaster I ever got to ride with fixed PTC lap bars and no other restraint system (at the time). See also Jackrabbit at Kennywood (but with Miller-designed trains and added horse bridles). I always have a special place in my heart, too, for any major coaster named Coaster or Roller Coaster. Honesty, simplicity, integrity...it was a different time. Would any major park chain ever name a Diamondback size ride "Roller Coaster?" No. Drop Tower? Yes. Roller Coaster? No.

Offline coastersue

• Spinmeister
Re: Abandoned Joyland No Joyland
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2011, 10:38:01 AM »
Very sad indeed.  I'm glad we had the chance to visit back in 2000 and ride Roller Coaster over and over.  We had a really fun day there!

Offline nitrorox1414

• Blackbeard's Lost Treasure Train
  • Arms Down Head Back Hold On!!!
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2011, 10:09:24 PM »
It is sad to see that happen but why do they always say that it reopened in 2006

Offline B-mac

• Nitro
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2011, 11:04:44 PM »
Because a company invested into bringing the park back to life, unfortunately it didn't pay off for them. Let's hope this doesn't happen to Freestyle Music Park with whoever is looking into buying it. If they even...