Welcome, Guest

Latest 20 Shouts

Current Weather

SIX Stock

Author Topic: The Dark Knight Coaster In 2012  (Read 3602 times)

Offline 587coasterfan89

• Balin's Jungleland
The Dark Knight Coaster In 2012
« on: June 23, 2011, 10:56:36 PM »
"The Dark Knight Rises" the next of Christopher Nolan's Batman films is due for release on July 20th 2012. The film will feature Bane and Catwomen as the main villains and is said to be the last of Nolan's Batman films. So this leaves me to wonder, will Six Flags add anything new to "THE DARK KNIGHT Coaster" when the film is released?

Personally, I think Six Flags should add more to the ride. I think the name of the coaster should stay the same, but new themeing, props, and effects should be added to the ride due to the new film. I think it would be pretty cool seeing The Joker, Bane, and Catwomen take on Batman all in the same ride. I know this is highly unlikely, but it would also be a good opportunity to extend the ride and make it longer. The Dark Knight Coaster does have a lot of potential to be a great ride, only if Six Flags does it right, and better then the first attempt. Oh, and since the ride is themed to Nolan's films, Scarecrow should be added into the ride as well. That would be awesome!

Six Flags could also re theme the ride completely to just Batman and his villains with nothing Dark Knight related. They could call it "Gotham City Gauntlet" like the ride in Six Flags New England except it will be indoor. All of Batman's foes will appear in the ride and be like pop outs in a haunted house. That would add more of a thrill to the ride I think.

Let me know what you think.

Offline B-mac

• Nitro
Re: The Dark Knight Coaster In 2012
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2011, 11:13:40 PM »
It's a Wild Mouse, they aren't gonna do anything to its layout.

Offline nitrorox1414

• Blackbeard's Lost Treasure Train
  • Arms Down Head Back Hold On!!!
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2011, 12:10:41 AM »
I doubt they would add anything to the ride. I went on it on Tuesday. It still gave me a nice thrill and it has AC :D

Offline Bubba Z

• White Castle Fries only come in one size
  • Global Moderator
  • Nitro
    • http://www.freewebs.com/fredbean/index.htm
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2011, 09:48:42 AM »
 They should fix what they have first before trying to add more to it.   

Offline 587coasterfan89

• Balin's Jungleland
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2011, 01:17:29 AM »
Ok yes, I don't think extending the ride will happen, but new themeing is needed. P.S. I just saw the "Green Lantern" movie. Six Flags could have done SO MUCH MORE with the ride! The movie kicked ass and totally beat the ride in coolness. Six Flags has to start themeing their rides better.

Offline Bubba Z

• White Castle Fries only come in one size
  • Global Moderator
  • Nitro
    • http://www.freewebs.com/fredbean/index.htm
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2011, 10:35:57 AM »
 Some themeing elements never make it out to the ride. Everthing needs to be approved be DC comics since they have the rights.

Offline 587coasterfan89

• Balin's Jungleland
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2011, 04:43:37 PM »
So wait, are you saying the reason the rides at Six Flags that are themed suck because of DC Comics? Wow, I thought DC Comics would take a look at what Six Flags does with the rides and be ashamed and wish that Universal Studios made their rides.

Offline B-mac

• Nitro
« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2011, 11:04:39 PM »
DC has a contract with six flags to allow six flags to use their products and sell their stuff and advertise etc. Etc. Universal has a partnership with Marvel (now apart of Disney) who was much less restrictive with Universal about the rides and products they promoted. It is quite awkward with Disney owning the rights to an entire themed area in Universal but so far Disney has only shown interest in the Marvel series of movies and the marvel merch that is sold pretty much everywhere, and they actually are very loose on what Marvel produces.

Rumors did swirl about DC partnering with Universal after Marvel was bought by Disney because many thought that Disney would sever the contract between Universal and Marvel. But that hasn't happened yet. It actually was a plausible rumor at the time because so much of Marvel Island could've easily been transformed into DC Universe. It would cost a lot to make the changes, but it would be easy to change Hulk to Superman, Spiderman to Batman, and X-men to some sort of Tower of Power.

I wondered why DC was so restrictive with Six Flags about using their characters after Time Warner left, but I really don't care now because Six Flags doesn't seem to care either. If you compare Batman the Ride and the Chiller's themeing (under Time Warner ofc) to Supes, Bizarro and TDK (debatable) you can clearly see just how bad it is. Batman had some excellent themeing in the 90's that easily made it one of the best rides to wait in line for (for my fam ofc since I was only a tike then). The chiller also had some great themeing until neglegence took it's toll on both rides, a lot of the themeing was removed or not fixed. Batman has also been subject to much remodeling to the point where you sit caged in the line by a fence before walking into the sewer to the station, which aggravates me to no end.

It's company preference, and neglegence... If it will work to this extent there's no need to go further.

Offline rjholla2003

• Admini-what?!
  • Administrator
  • Kingda Ka
  • Ehh, What's Up Doc!
« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2011, 01:19:30 AM »
Time Warner running Six Flags >>>>>>>>> anything. Viper had theming AND a show in the queue. Nuff Said.
Peep the concept, you've got progress, you've got congress
We protest in hopes they confess, just proceed on your conquest
I ain't got no gavel, I ain't finna fight nobody battle
I just wanna be free, I ain't finna be nobody's chattel

Offline 587coasterfan89

• Balin's Jungleland
« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2011, 03:40:51 AM »
I wish Six Flags would theme their rides better or like they used to. Also, why does Six Flags feel the need to theme everything to DC Comics? I know they have a partnership, but honestly, does everything have to be DC? Why not be creative like Disney and come up with unique themes? I don't mind DC Comics themeing but, it has to be done right. I think Six Flags could do a better job. And B-Mac, I did love the themeing on Chiller, and I love the themeing on TDK up until the actual ride.

Offline Ogolo

• Rolling Thunder
« Reply #10 on: June 26, 2011, 08:01:57 AM »
Signs on Nitro's lift hill = best themeing ever.
How much would it cost to bring them back?

Offline B-mac

• Nitro
« Reply #11 on: June 26, 2011, 12:33:06 PM »
To make the sign and hire someone to put them back, probably $1000 tops. The reason why they got rid of them was because they were severly vandalized.

Reggie, I totally forgot about Viper and even Medusa for crying out loud. They both had epic themeing and it was a good part of the themeing that got Medusa a top 10 golden ticket in its first four years of duty

Offline Ogolo

• Rolling Thunder
« Reply #12 on: June 27, 2011, 08:19:34 AM »
A sign that says "You are as high as Niagara Falls" just screams please throw gum at me.
I don't even thing this would help.

Offline B-mac

• Nitro
« Reply #13 on: June 27, 2011, 10:40:06 AM »
They find ways around it... Trust me. It's like the child-proof stuff, they still find ways to open doors and stick their fingers in the outlets (or was that just me?).