Welcome, Guest

Latest 20 Shouts

Current Weather

SIX Stock

Author Topic: Roller Coaster Tycoon 2  (Read 6622 times)

Offline B-mac

• Nitro
Roller Coaster Tycoon 2
« on: June 23, 2011, 11:30:20 PM »
So basking in my summer boredom I decided to get into theme park building on RCT2. I don't have RCT3 platinum and RCT2 is pretty much the next best thing (even though it's ten years old). I am currently expanding my first park (built entirely from scratch, btw) which has been deemed "Project Screamlab." I don't feel ready enough yet to show my park to the people on TPR and even Shyguy's (who's "experts" are much worse than TPR) and I know you guys are much more forgiving and respectful than them.

I am four years into production and am not following any timeline whatsoever. I mean, my first coaster was a friggen B&M mega coaster and then it was followed by a schwarz-esque coaster that oddly resembles BBW.

I don't have any custom scenery (other than pathways) so I using what the game has provided me and I feel I am doing really good with it that way. I will start putting up pictures, plans, and descriptions on Monday since I will be enjoying my weekend working on my old house in New Jersey,

Offline B-mac

• Nitro
Re: Project Screamlab (Roller Coaster Tycoon 2)
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2011, 03:57:32 PM »
Year 4:
Due to me getting this idea mid-way through the fourth year of Serenity Country, I will not have pictures of older rides under construction. I haven't removed any of the rides yet so you still get a look at all of them.

Serenity Country's first roller coaster opened, there were two being built at the same time. Cobra is your standard vekoma boomerang and the ride has been with the park since the first official day the park opened. Just behind Cobra is the park's Giant Wheel. Other landmarks in this picture are the front entrance, the executive buildings, the ever-so-popular mini golf course and Just on the edge of the photo is the park's carousel.

Built in the third year, Little Italy serves as a moderate thrill area with three flat rides (a twist, swinging ship and a joust-a-bout), a river rapids and an authentic side-friction coaster. Roma Rapids was quickly built over the off-season and was built with makeshift themeing that didn't fit the area too well so that the ride could open in time with the rest of the area. A rethemeing project was planned over the course of year 4 to be finished before the summer season started. Here's two photos showing the rethemeing effort.

BEFORE

AFTER

Steel Eel opened one week after the park officially opened and immediately became the top ride in the region. A 3,600 ft long B&M mega coaster (coined a mini-mega because of it's dwarfish 120 ft height imposed by permits) that features a 118 ft. drop, 4 air time hills, a 125 ft. long tunnel and a 65 ft. tall hammer head right on top of the carousel. The second air time hill features an odd support structure due to the planning of the park's entrance to be placed under that hill. After the hill was constructed the entrance was moved beyond the area of the ride to where it is today.

You might notice the large amount of open land behind Steel Eel's first drop in the first picture, this is the next rumored area for expansion and new rides. A pathway shown in the second pic was randomly built in the summer of Year 4 which sparked most of the rumors among the GP.

The newest ride in Serenity Country this year is a schwarzkopf recreation that journeys through the hills of Serenity Country's pines. Vai-mahse is a Native American spirit that protected the forest from evil spirits. MCMI (McIntyre Coaster Manufacturing International) were the designers and builders of the ride utilizing much of the terrain in the forest. The 3,800 ft. long, 2 minute ride features many high speed turns and sudden drops both in and out of the forest including an 82 ft. drop alongside the waterfall as seen in the picture below.

This overview of most of Vai-mahse gives you a nice look at the 82 ft. drop and much of the course the ride goes through in the 2 minutes of action.

This is a look at the back of the drop, showing just how steep the drop is. Vai-mahse reaches a top speed near 55 mph and then twists in front of the waterfall to the woods on the other side. Vai-mahse has a three train system that proves very effective with the amount of riders that show up to ride it. Max capacity is estimated to be around 1,600 people an hour.

This is the first full train on Vai-mahse, taken on its opening day in March. This was the second train to leave the station after the ride opened (the first marked the official opening of the ride). All the trains after this one were fully filled and with how efficient the ride was the line never went above an hour and 30 minutes.