Welcome, Guest

Latest 20 Shouts

Current Weather

SIX Stock

Author Topic: Hershey Park builds a New Coaster for Matt Shoe!!!  (Read 28251 times)

Offline AV Matt

• Kingda Ka
  • I'm the guy that looks like me.
    • Coaster-Count.com
Re: Hershey Park builds a New Coaster for Matt Shoe!!!
« Reply #100 on: June 16, 2012, 10:10:24 AM »
I wouldn't expect Ken to dig the Comet. I like it. It wants to be so good. Damn that pesky trim brake ruining all the airtime.  A local friend of mine grew up going to Knoebels and Hershey. He assures me that prior to the trim brake being added, Comet gave Phoenix a run for its money. 

Offline dkny6363

• Batman The Ride
« Reply #101 on: June 16, 2012, 11:34:47 PM »
I like any old woodie. comets a good time as long as your expectation are not too high.

Offline B-mac

• Nitro
« Reply #102 on: June 17, 2012, 10:13:07 PM »
I never noticed the trim, guess it's because I've only been riding it for the last 6 months. Don't get me wrong I like Comet for it's pops of air time, but imagining it as more intense is just shocking for me.

Offline AV Matt

• Kingda Ka
  • I'm the guy that looks like me.
    • Coaster-Count.com
« Reply #103 on: June 18, 2012, 06:54:01 AM »
The trim is on the turnaround over the station.  It skims off just enough speed to make the rest of the ride a zippy family coaster.

Offline Blackhand1001

• Global Moderator
  • Houdini's Great Escape
« Reply #104 on: June 19, 2012, 01:35:32 AM »
Comet at Hershey is alright but comet at the great escape is so much better.

Offline dkny6363

• Batman The Ride
« Reply #105 on: August 27, 2012, 10:18:59 PM »
Had a mixed day at Hershey. Full days at busy parks is always a challenge for a family.

Hershey was once one of my favourite parks. I wouldn't say its dropped a spot, but I deffinatly think less of it more and more. It seems to be loosing charm by the minute.

The good: I got 2 rides on LR, Storm Runner, and Sky Rush. My 3 fav rides there.

The Bad: Didn't get a ride on fareheit, and comet. There was a zoo visit followed by lunch, follows by rain, followed by a show which got cancelled for rain, followed by huge amounts of rain, followed by an hour wait for them to get trailblazer back running. For my 6 year old.

Quick ride reviews.. (on my 3rd vist)

Skyrush: rode it first ride of the day. There is alot I like about this ride but there is something I can't put my finger on it that keeps it from my favourites. It could be my favourite steel.

Wildcat: Best ride I've had but still just average

Wildmouse: Favourite mouse, and still is. great Ride.

Whip: after riding knoebels whit 30 times with my daughter hershey whip was like some kind of cruel joke. TERRIBLE!

Lightning Racer: I want to love this ride.. But I don't. I had one epic night ride in the back the first time I went to hershey. But none since. Don't get me wrong its fun, and has it's moments. But it's just not where it needs to be. Also I hate it when the same side wins every single time. This was the case when I went. Racing is a huge plus on this ride, and if you know whos winning it takes half the fun out.

Trail Blazer: it was trailblazer.

Storm Runner: Always a great time. Still one of my favourite rides.

Sooper Dooper Looper: Usually ride this firt thing, and think nothing of it. This time rode it at night, and it was awesome. Brought my 6 year old on it for her first ever looping coaster. She cried, but admitted after she thought the loop was cool.

Great Bear: The more I ride Great Bear.... The more I like great bear. I rode it in the back to save time. I always ride in the front. The back is really forcefull. Especially on the opening Helix.

Closed out the night with a front row skyrush.. WOW! amzing ride. Not exactly my cup of tea... but great to know there is a ride like that out there. It's almost as if they just up and built a no limits creation without going over the numbers. It's the first coaster I was affraid to put my hands up for.

Skyrush vs. Levi: I would say if I had the choice to randomly ride one of these two rides once I would pick skyrush. If I had the choice of which one I could have at my homepark I would pick Levi. They are completely different and great in there own way. They both have flaws. Overall I would say Skyrush is better but its slight.

Zoomerica: boooring!

Hersheys Fast pass: what a JOKE! they leave rows open on every train and dont attempt to fill them. Horrible on Storm Runner. They should make more effort to fill the empty rows. Then when people jump in it ticks people off that it screws up their riding partner lineups. Why do people NEED to ride with their friends? unless you are buying a picture who cares. Maybe thats just me.

Overall: Hershey is still a good park. I just didn't love it like I have in the past. Everyone in my family was saying how much they prefered Knoebels. Which shocked me.