Welcome, Guest

Latest 20 Shouts

Current Weather

SIX Stock

Author Topic: Leviathan is born  (Read 48225 times)

Offline dkny6363

• Batman The Ride
Re: Leviathan is born
« Reply #200 on: March 28, 2012, 10:15:41 PM »
^ What a complete crock.

Thats cool Matt, you ride the mine train while we rip the best drop on earth over and over. Maybe you can get some mountain dew in a sippy cup when you are done. ;)

I do buy that you look forward to vortex more than Behemoth... but thunderun... too much, even for you.

Never been to CW haunt... it`s good I hear.

Offline AV Matt

• Kingda Ka
  • I'm the guy that looks like me.
    • Coaster-Count.com
« Reply #201 on: March 28, 2012, 10:42:35 PM »
That powered coaster is badass! Actually a lot of my coaster friends have said the same thing. I didn't believe them until I rode it.

B&M Millennium Force may have the best first drop. I will give you that. But right now, that honor goes to New Texas Giant, followed by i305.

The haunts are really good. Highly recommended! I think my favorite was the one through rapids ride.

Offline dkny6363

• Batman The Ride
« Reply #202 on: March 29, 2012, 07:09:33 PM »
I have heard that about the rapid ride haunt... I saw the layout waitind in line for the rapids ride during the day. I always thought it would be cool to run a rapids ride through a haunt. Temperature could play a role in that.

Leviathan will have the best drop.

Yeah the mine train is badass... for a mine train.

Offline dkny6363

• Batman The Ride
« Reply #203 on: April 18, 2012, 10:39:50 PM »
Announced today that Leviathan will have a tunnel after the first drop. No details other than "tunnel"

Also nine days till ride #1

Offline Ogolo

• Rolling Thunder
« Reply #204 on: April 19, 2012, 07:11:29 AM »
"Canada's Wonderland has confirmed that the Leviathan roller coaster, due to open on April 27, 2012, will feature a 100-foot tunnel at the base of its first drop."

At least "At the base of the first drop" pinpoints its location. 
After the first drop could have been any where.

Time goes by fast...I can't believe you only have 9 days left until that ride.

Offline Millennium Force 44

• Rolling Thunder
  • Coaster King
« Reply #205 on: April 19, 2012, 09:20:53 AM »
Leviathan will now be the tallest roller coaster to feature a tunnel at the bottom of the first drop! Good idea on their part, should make a cool experience.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2012, 09:27:24 AM by Millennium Force 44 »

Offline dkny6363

• Batman The Ride
« Reply #206 on: April 21, 2012, 11:09:35 AM »

Offline Blackhand1001

• Global Moderator
  • Houdini's Great Escape
« Reply #207 on: April 21, 2012, 11:40:03 AM »
Looks good. Now if only it were 9 cars per train.

• Rolling Thunder
  • Coaster King
« Reply #208 on: April 22, 2012, 10:43:30 PM »
NICE!!

Offline Ogolo

• Rolling Thunder
« Reply #209 on: April 23, 2012, 05:51:09 PM »
So is that going to be a snowy first ride on Leviathan?
A shame it has been so nice for so long and now this.

Offline Ogolo

• Rolling Thunder
« Reply #210 on: April 24, 2012, 02:10:39 PM »
Was that you doing that joy ride thru the park on your bike?

Offline dkny6363

• Batman The Ride
« Reply #211 on: April 24, 2012, 07:54:57 PM »
K screw it... 1000th post! haah

I just went to get my seasons pass and I have pics to upload... so it wasn't going to happen anyway. Alot of minor park improvements. The landscaping thats been done actually makes it look like Leviathan isn't bordering the parking lot. There is a new sign at the front gate. Also something called coke of the world machines.. I've heard they carry over 100 types of coke products.. Possibly even mt dew... Or is mt dew pepsi? I always forget.

Ken it is pretty cold but not crazy... it's supposed to be much nicer on friday.

Offline dkny6363

• Batman The Ride
« Reply #212 on: April 24, 2012, 09:04:09 PM »
New front gate sign

Come all you Yanks, and enjoy my beautifullness ;)

Best drop in the business staring Friday at 5:30

From a distance

Siiiiick! overbank... lol

Offline B-mac

• Nitro
« Reply #213 on: April 24, 2012, 11:29:53 PM »

I just went to get my seasons pass and I have pics to upload... so it wasn't going to happen anyway. Alot of minor park improvements. The landscaping thats been done actually makes it look like Leviathan isn't bordering the parking lot. There is a new sign at the front gate. Also something called coke of the world machines.. I've heard they carry over 100 types of coke products.. Possibly even mt dew... Or is mt dew pepsi? I always forget.

Ken it is pretty cold but not crazy... it's supposed to be much nicer on friday.

mt dew is pepsi, sadly. the closest equivalent that cocacola offers is vault, which I haven't seen anywhere in the last 5 years...

Offline AV Matt

• Kingda Ka
    • Coaster-Count.com
« Reply #214 on: April 25, 2012, 01:07:52 PM »
MelloYello

Offline rjholla2003

• Admini-what?!
  • Administrator
  • Kingda Ka
  • Ehh, What's Up Doc!
« Reply #215 on: April 25, 2012, 09:59:19 PM »

mt dew is pepsi, sadly. the closest equivalent that cocacola offers is vault, which I haven't seen anywhere in the last 5 years...

I believe that the Coke Freestyle machines (Coke's official name for those machines) have Vault in them.
Peep the concept, you've got progress, you've got congress
We protest in hopes they confess, just proceed on your conquest
I ain't got no gavel, I ain't finna fight nobody battle
I just wanna be free, I ain't finna be nobody's chattel

Offline Ogolo

• Rolling Thunder
« Reply #216 on: April 27, 2012, 07:31:28 AM »
Watch out for that first drop...its a doozy! 
We eagerly await your review.

And what is this homer of which you speak?

Offline dkny6363

• Batman The Ride
« Reply #217 on: April 27, 2012, 11:03:41 PM »
Review coming soon...

The eyes light up red at night and steam spews from the snout. Pretty cool. Wish it was 3 times the size.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2012, 11:05:35 PM by dkny6363 »

Offline AV Matt

• Kingda Ka
    • Coaster-Count.com
« Reply #218 on: April 28, 2012, 01:00:14 AM »
Stalling for dramatic effect?

Offline dkny6363

• Batman The Ride
« Reply #219 on: April 28, 2012, 01:11:54 AM »
K so I'm going to give the straight goods. No Fanboy Review.

So I get there slightly early. As soon as I show up gates are opened and crowd very small. (WINNING) however I soon realize that this is because it is as cold as I am a bad person ;)

We get walked by security to the line... It was slow and erie. 3 girls started to run past... security nabs them and despite the fact it was never announced as a  "line" they get brought to the back of the line. (Amazing Moment!)

So the ride.. Statue is really cool, Que area is nice looking but nothing amazing. Well done though. We wait for half hr but mostly because they were just putting extra trains on. We actually got to wait for whatever row we wanted. Although they were pushing the empty rows. We went for the back row. However it was a train that was just brought off the shelf. (Raw Deal) Then I get stapled (also raw deal) It's pretty exciting times at this point but again really cold! The lift goes about in between Millennium and a normal B@M Mega's as far as speed goes. First drop, absolutely incredible. No doubt its the best drop around. The first bank is really good and you really come out flying. Then that low to the ground hill.. Highlight of the ride post drop. You carry air though it and then get yanked and twisted at the end. Also there is a dirty head chopper not in animations. So far so good. Now comes the first camelback... This is where the coldness started to take effect, also the fairly standard BM elements. The camelback is obviously nice but the train didn't smash into tonight. Hoping its from the cold. No trims were hitting on the first hill. Then the crazy hammerhead turnaround... Not amazing on the first lap. Really big though, and very inversion like. Then the twist back had nice speed, second Camel back was better than expected and carried air steady, the last bank was pretty meh. and you don't pull air into the break run. However the speed seamed really down on this lap. I would give it like an 8. It kind of reminded me of Shambala animation ;)

The second time I rode it was like near dark and still only a 20 minute wait. The park was really dead. I rode in row 3 and it was a little better. Much better speed, and especially hit the cammelbacks much better.

The last time was in the Dark, front seat. REALLY good. Much faster again, head chopper on the high speed turn was awesome. Ran really good until the final turn which was not good on any lap tonight. I would proably give this lap a 9 or better.

Overall I thought it was kind of running bad. It did speed up towards the end but never seemed nearly as fast as it will be. The perception that the layout is kind of lame has Merritt. The elements are really good though.

I would not say its in the league of any great woodies. But I would say it is right up there with my favourite steel coasters (Behemoth, and Storm Runner) but certainly no Voyage, or El Toro. I would guess its not in the league with Texas Giant and I would bet most of you will like I305 more than this. I would bet most people will think it is the best BM mega once it gets going. If not just because of the drop.

In summary a potentially great coaster but not epic. Probably has top 5 steel potential on both golden tickets, and hawkers.

As Ken said watch out for that first drop... It's a doozy.

• Rolling Thunder
  • Coaster King
« Reply #220 on: April 28, 2012, 08:29:07 AM »
Thanks for the review. I guess everything you said was what I expected to hear.

Offline Ogolo

• Rolling Thunder
« Reply #221 on: April 28, 2012, 08:41:54 AM »
Nice! I'd trade Kingda Ka for it.
What happened to the rumored tunnel?
Does it is look like it could be added later?

Offline dkny6363

• Batman The Ride
« Reply #222 on: April 28, 2012, 05:31:52 PM »
Yeah it's being built... I'll be one of a few who can say I rode pre-tunnel.

Offline AV Matt

• Kingda Ka
    • Coaster-Count.com
« Reply #223 on: April 29, 2012, 01:33:00 AM »
So no air on the second low to ground hill, just on the first one?

Offline dkny6363

• Batman The Ride
« Reply #224 on: April 29, 2012, 12:56:52 PM »
The second low to the ground hill is pretty decent... There wasn't enough speed that night to see what it will really do. The first low hill is almost like a bunny hill and banks hard left at the end, where as the 2nd one is a steady bank the whole way around and then straightens out at the end.

Another thing I forgot to mention is the middle rows seem to give decent rides as well. Tons of air in row 3 anyways. On behemoth the middle 4 rows are all pointless seats for myself. I really only ride in the back row ever.