Welcome, Guest

Latest 20 Shouts

Current Weather

SIX Stock

Author Topic: MIGUEL, BIG TIME RUSH & SALUTE TO MILITARY MARK END OF SUMMER @ SIX FLAGS  (Read 2256 times)

Offline WadeJ

• Administrator
  • Green Lantern
    • GadvOutpost
SUMMER GOES OUT WITH A BANG AT SIX FLAGS
Miguel, Big Time Rush and Salute to Military Mark End of Summer

Jackson, NJ - Summer might be coming to a close, but the fun continues at Six Flags Great Adventure. Six Flags welcomes Starburst® Summer Concert Series headliner Miguel and rings in the school year with teen favorite Big Time Rush. September brings Six Flags Salutes America commemorating September 11 and honoring members of the military.

Miguel to Headline Starburst® Summer Concert Series
Singer/songwriter Miguel will take the Northern Star Arena stage August 26 at 7 pm as part of the Starburst® Summer Concert Series. Miguel is a triple-threat recording artist, songwriter and producer. His 2010 album All I Want Is You produced a hit single of the same name featuring J. Cole. He was nominated in 2011 for a Grammy and a BET award.

Back to School 2011 Features Big Time Rush September 3
Big Time Rush is set to perform as part of the Back to School 2011 event September 3 at 7:30 pm.

Big Time Rush stars in a self-titled hit Nickelodeon television show. Their debut album BTR was released October of 2010.  The band released their new single “If I Ruled the World” featuring lyaz this past June. Big Time Rush is nominated for two 2011 Kids Choice Awards for favorite TV show and favorite music group.

Action Item will return to the park to open for Big Time Rush.  Hailing from New Jersey, the band has performed at both the Bamboozle Festival and the Vans Warped Tour.

Six Flags Salutes America September 11 Weekend
Six Flags Great Adventure is proud to honor America’s men and women in the military and will dedicate the September 11 weekend to them.

Members of the military who present an active military ID to any ticket booth will receive free admission to the theme park September 10 and 11. Additional tickets can be purchased at sixflags.com for $22.50. A portion of the proceeds will benefit various military organizations such as the USO of Pennsylvania and Southern New Jersey, and Blue Star Families.  In addition, the USO will collect flip flop donations at the main entrance gate as holiday stocking stuffers for the troops.  Flip flops are needed in all sizes and will be utilized overseas throughout the year.

On September 10, Bravo’s Top Chef season 7 winner Kevin Sbraga will host a special meet-and-greet at 2 p.m. in the theme park’s Character Café. Sbraga is a New Jersey native and executive chef at Rat’s Restaurant at the Grounds for Sculpture in Hamilton, NJ. The day will end with a fireworks show set to patriotic music at the Great Lake Grandstand.

The weekend concludes September 11 with live performances by Phil Vassar and Randy Houser at 4 p.m. in Northern Star Arena. Vassar will feature hits from his six studio albums. Houser is a 2011 Academy of Country Music nominee for top new solo vocalist and will make his first appearance at Six Flags this fall.

Offline AV Matt

• Kingda Ka
  • I'm the guy that looks like me.
    • Coaster-Count.com
Darn, I thought Rush was coming to SF for a second. :(

Offline B-mac

• Nitro
Meh, keep booking the Teenie-Boppers and you can profit for eternity.

Offline coastermom

• Batman & Robin: The Chiller
Big Time Rush concert is a ....$30.00 UP CHARGE !!!  :o :o.. HOLY COW !! Does it seem like alot to see a bunch of kids that are on Nick at night almost everyday ?? What a cash cow this show is going to be !