Welcome, Guest

Latest 20 Shouts

Current Weather

SIX Stock

Author Topic: 2012 Announcement! Sky Screamer, Flat Rides and New Drop Boxes for HH!  (Read 8820 times)

Offline jglonek

• Administrator
  • Kingda Ka
  • It's simple, we, uh, kill the Batman.
    • http://www.gadvoutpost.com
It looks like the park will be announcing the new attractions for 2012 tomorrow!

They have been teasing the announcement for the past two days on their Facebook page, with a screenshot of "secret emails" today.

The screenshot says
OMG yes! It's so crazy that Fantasy Forest will be totally transformed in the process. Did you hear about the insane new feature we're adding to our speed slides in Hurricane Harbor?

And
Hey did you hear about your new additions for next year? I'm pretty pumped!

Six Flags Great Adventure Announces New Attractions for 2012
Theme Park Takes Classic Thrills to New Heights with SkyScreamer and More

Six Flags Great Adventure, America’s largest regional theme park, today unveiled plans to add both extreme and family thrills to its current lineup for 2012.  SkyScreamer, an extreme swing ride, will transform the Fantasy Forest skyline while three additional family rides are introduced to the whimsically-themed section below – bumper cars, scrambler and flying elephants.

Theme park guests will have more to scream about with the introduction of SkyScreamer.
The newest sensation in tower rides, SkyScreamer will take swing rides to the next level and join the park’s already breathtaking lineup of thrills as it whisks guests up, up and away high over the park, feet dangling and hair blowing.  Towering 15 stories above the ground, SkyScreamer will reside next to the classic Big Wheel. Thirty-two guests will board the ride and sit two across in open-air swings as they climb to the top of the SkyScreamer tower while spinning round and round.  At full swing, guests will soar in a 98-ft. circle at speeds of 40 mph high above the park below.

For those wishing to keep their feet closer to the ground, the park is introducing two new, yet classic, family attractions – bumper cars and a music-themed scrambler.  Guests will also be greeted with the return of the popular flying elephants ride, which formerly made its home in
The Golden Kingdom section of the theme park.

“Although we are best known for our record-breaking thrills, families have told us they would like more attractions they can enjoy together.  So this season we are introducing four rides sure to deliver fun for all ages,” said park president John Fitzgerald.

At Six Flags Hurricane Harbor, it’s go big, go extreme – with the addition of exciting, new drop boxes guaranteed to ramp up the thrill factor at the slide tower known as “The Falls.”  Guests will climb into a clear, fully-enclosed launch capsule and begin the nerve-wracking countdown to the moment when the floor literally disappears beneath them and sends them into a freefall at speeds of up to 32 mph.   

“Drop boxes are an innovative, exciting addition to our already thrilling speed slides,” Fitzgerald added.  “They are not for the faint of heart.  The sheer anticipation of waiting for the floor to drop will have our guests’ adrenaline pumping.”

The best way to enjoy the thrills of the 2012 season is with a season pass.  2012 season passes are currently on sale and a great family value at $59.99 per person, which includes the theme park and free admission to the Wild Safari; and for just $10 more provides admission to Hurricane Harbor water park.  All season passes include free tickets for friends and unlimited access to this season’s Fright Fest Halloween celebration in October.  Guests who process their passes by October 30, 2011 receive one free parking pass with every four season passes purchased-a $50 value.  For more information, visit www.sixflags.com/greatadventure
« Last Edit: September 01, 2011, 08:22:43 AM by WadeJ »

Offline ChuckR

• Would you just look at it?
  • Global Moderator
  • Kingda Ka
  • RIP Chiller...
    • Facebook
Re: 2012 Announcement Tomorrow!
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2011, 01:13:47 PM »
I want dueling El Toro's.

Offline WadeJ

• Administrator
  • Green Lantern
    • GadvOutpost
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2011, 03:42:09 PM »
Most everyone should be happy tomorrow. I'm happy they are releasing details early enough to get people pumped for next year after a so-so season. Obviously it's to sell more season passes but it also shows they already have their plan together for next season which is far more difficult if they pull off even some of what we are hearing :).

Offline dkny6363

• Batman The Ride
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2011, 10:30:08 PM »
^exciting times!

Offline Bubba Z

• White Castle Fries only come in one size
  • Global Moderator
  • Nitro
    • http://www.freewebs.com/fredbean/index.htm
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2011, 01:17:50 AM »
Six Flags Great Adventure (New Jersey) and Six Flags Fiesta Texas (San Antonio) – Both parks will install Sky Screamer swing towers for 2012.

Offline Coasterdude28

• Affiliate
  • Monkey Around
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2011, 06:49:23 AM »
Sky Screamer and a Bonzai looping water slide for Hurricane Harbor.

Offline Bubba Z

• Global Moderator
  • Nitro
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2011, 07:16:17 AM »
Six Flags Great Adventure Announces New Attractions for 2012
Theme Park Takes Classic Thrills to New Heights with SkyScreamer and More

Six Flags Great Adventure, America’s largest regional theme park, today unveiled plans to add both extreme and family thrills to its current lineup for 2012.  SkyScreamer, an extreme swing ride, will transform the Fantasy Forest skyline while three additional family rides are introduced to the whimsically-themed section below – bumper cars, scrambler and flying elephants.

Theme park guests will have more to scream about with the introduction of SkyScreamer.
The newest sensation in tower rides, SkyScreamer will take swing rides to the next level and join the park’s already breathtaking lineup of thrills as it whisks guests up, up and away high over the park, feet dangling and hair blowing.  Towering 15 stories above the ground, SkyScreamer will reside next to the classic Big Wheel. Thirty-two guests will board the ride and sit two across in open-air swings as they climb to the top of the SkyScreamer tower while spinning round and round.  At full swing, guests will soar in a 98-ft. circle at speeds of 40 mph high above the park below.

For those wishing to keep their feet closer to the ground, the park is introducing two new, yet classic, family attractions – bumper cars and a music-themed scrambler.  Guests will also be greeted with the return of the popular flying elephants ride, which formerly made its home in
The Golden Kingdom section of the theme park.

“Although we are best known for our record-breaking thrills, families have told us they would like more attractions they can enjoy together.  So this season we are introducing four rides sure to deliver fun for all ages,” said park president John Fitzgerald.

At Six Flags Hurricane Harbor, it’s go big, go extreme – with the addition of exciting, new drop boxes guaranteed to ramp up the thrill factor at the slide tower known as “The Falls.”  Guests will climb into a clear, fully-enclosed launch capsule and begin the nerve-wracking countdown to the moment when the floor literally disappears beneath them and sends them into a freefall at speeds of up to 32 mph.   

“Drop boxes are an innovative, exciting addition to our already thrilling speed slides,” Fitzgerald added.  “They are not for the faint of heart.  The sheer anticipation of waiting for the floor to drop will have our guests’ adrenaline pumping.”

The best way to enjoy the thrills of the 2012 season is with a season pass.  2012 season passes are currently on sale and a great family value at $59.99 per person, which includes the theme park and free admission to the Wild Safari; and for just $10 more provides admission to Hurricane Harbor water park.  All season passes include free tickets for friends and unlimited access to this season’s Fright Fest Halloween celebration in October.  Guests who process their passes by October 30, 2011 receive one free parking pass with every four season passes purchased-a $50 value.  For more information, visit www.sixflags.com/greatadventure

Offline jglonek

• Administrator
  • Kingda Ka
« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2011, 07:17:49 AM »
The LA Times accidentally posted the attraction information early and then pulled it, according to CoasterBuzz.

You can see a Google cache version of the document here.

For us:
Six Flags Great Adventure (New Jersey) and Six Flags Fiesta Texas (San Antonio) – Both parks will install Sky Screamer swing towers for 2012. Six Flags built Sky Screamers of varying heights at Six Flags St. Louis (236 feet) and Six Flags Discovery Kingdom (150 feet) in 2011. No word yet on the ride heights at Great Adventure and Fiesta Texas.

Six Flags St. Louis (Missouri) and Six Flags Great Adventure (New Jersey) – Both parks will add a Bonzai Pipeline looping water slide to their respective Hurricane Harbor water parks.

What's a Bonzai Pipeline looping water slide? Good question! I really have no idea.

I believe there will be more announcements coming than this! Well, maybe not today based on the "top secret emails" from yesterday, but it's our understanding this is not everything for next year.

Offline jglonek

• Administrator
  • Kingda Ka
« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2011, 07:22:20 AM »
So from the sound of it we are getting a SkyScreamer in Fantasy Forest (no height mentioned), and the flying elephant ride is moving to Fantasy Forest from Golden Kingdom, along with Musik Express and the Bumper Cars from Old Country. Judging by the park calling them "new" I take it they will get a nice renovation.

The drop floor in the water slides sounds neat - does anyone have more information on those from another park? But it sounds like the Bonzai Looping slide mentioned in the LA Times article is wrong
« Last Edit: September 01, 2011, 07:52:58 AM by jglonek »

Offline Ogolo

• Rolling Thunder
« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2011, 07:33:23 AM »
Finally some flats! 
I just wish that Sky Screamer was a Flying Wave, but I'll take it.
And $60 for a season pass??

I must say the X-Flight coaster does look pretty nice!

Offline Ogolo

• Rolling Thunder
« Reply #10 on: September 01, 2011, 07:40:08 AM »
2012 Announcement Video here.
Or it can be found on that other social site.  ;)

Offline Bubba Z

• Global Moderator
  • Nitro
« Reply #11 on: September 01, 2011, 07:42:11 AM »
http://www.proslide.com/rides_08_d.php 

Looks just like Torpedo falls at clementon or the slides now at  Six Flags Great America.   It's a clear  box you stand in and the floor drops from underneath you and you slide down the slide.

It's picture #5 

Offline jglonek

• Administrator
  • Kingda Ka
« Reply #12 on: September 01, 2011, 08:25:27 AM »
Here's all of the chain's announcements on their official website

Offline WadeJ

• Administrator
  • Green Lantern
    • GadvOutpost
Re: 2012 Announcement! Sky Screamer, Flat Rides and New Drop Boxes for HH!
« Reply #13 on: September 01, 2011, 08:25:49 AM »
So from the sound of it we are getting a SkyScreamer in Fantasy Forest (no height mentioned), and the flying elephant ride is moving to Fantasy Forest from Golden Kingdom, along with Musik Express and the Bumper Cars from Old Country. Judging by the park calling them "new" I take it they will get a nice renovation.

The drop floor in the water slides sounds neat - does anyone have more information on those from another park? But it sounds like the Bonzai Looping slide mentioned in the LA Times article is wrong

Looks like you missed Bubba's post by a couple of minutes while posting this lol

I'm SO glad they decided to add the sky screamer to Fantasy Forest :)  Evolutions giant gaping hole in the tree line will finally be used!

Official release posted in the very first post.  And yes, we were supposed to hold off posting any of the news until 6:30AM eastern time.

Offline ChuckR

• Global Moderator
  • Kingda Ka
  • RIP Chiller...
    • Facebook
« Reply #14 on: September 01, 2011, 11:07:00 AM »
I'm glad there filling in the holes! GADV really needed this!

Offline WadeJ

• Administrator
  • Green Lantern
    • GadvOutpost
« Reply #15 on: September 01, 2011, 11:35:02 AM »
Just posted this over on the Outpost Facebook

SkyScreamer will be located on the old Swings pad where the turbo bungy is now. The Bumper Cars will be entirely new and will be built on the old Evolution pad. Scambler will go on the Chaos pad which is over near the movie town entrance and currently a smoking section. And the Flying Elephants will be on the old Pirates Flight pad where they've had Drumpster Dumpster perform.

Now just my own speculation but I have to believe they will also clean this entire area up real nice just as they have elsewhere in the park with new additions. So hopefully we'll see some new queues and fences, landscaping and walkways as well.

Offline B-mac

• Nitro
« Reply #16 on: September 01, 2011, 12:19:31 PM »
Pardon me if I offend anyone, but we should've hired this management a long, long time ago...

Offline Millennium Force 44

• Rolling Thunder
  • Coaster King
« Reply #17 on: September 01, 2011, 01:11:51 PM »
Very excited about this! With all of the announcements, I am most impressed with Magic Mountain adding two drop towers to the side of Superman. They look insane.

Offline WadeJ

• Administrator
  • Green Lantern
    • GadvOutpost
« Reply #18 on: September 01, 2011, 01:25:16 PM »
/\ Not only insane but very smart move from a financial standpoint.  They could have added a 25 million dollar thrill ride or retrofit something to the side of a recently refurbished ride.  I like some of the more recent thinking going on.  Even the drop boxes allowed them to re-invigorate our speed slides by keeping things fresh and exciting.

I love the fact that they are being much more wise with the capital.

Offline Millennium Force 44

• Rolling Thunder
  • Coaster King
« Reply #19 on: September 01, 2011, 01:30:24 PM »
I agree. Also excited about SFNE getting a Giant Inverted Boomerang as I have yet to go on one but have always wanted to.

Offline PcMan

• Kingda Ka
  • Yo
    • techhi.net
« Reply #20 on: September 01, 2011, 05:40:42 PM »
Will they open the now closed area that leads to the picnic grove Chiller area
is this the place where the flats are going   the old bumber cars area etc.

I hate walking the "loop" to get to the other side

As Matt said the Drop tower ride at Magic Mountain looks very cool
« Last Edit: September 01, 2011, 06:00:53 PM by PcMan »
Yo

Offline WadeJ

• Administrator
  • Green Lantern
    • GadvOutpost
« Reply #21 on: September 01, 2011, 06:03:13 PM »
Tom, this is a few posts up...

Just posted this over on the Outpost Facebook

SkyScreamer will be located on the old Swings pad where the turbo bungy is now. The Bumper Cars will be entirely new and will be built on the old Evolution pad. Scambler will go on the Chaos pad which is over near the movie town entrance and currently a smoking section. And the Flying Elephants will be on the old Pirates Flight pad where they've had Drumpster Dumpster perform.

Now just my own speculation but I have to believe they will also clean this entire area up real nice just as they have elsewhere in the park with new additions. So hopefully we'll see some new queues and fences, landscaping and walkways as well.

Offline Ogolo

• Rolling Thunder
« Reply #22 on: September 01, 2011, 10:06:13 PM »
I don't give them too much credit for the drop tower as it has been done before...
The Giant Drop  & The-Tower-of-Terror-2
Although they do get credit for copying a smart idea...in both cases.

Offline ChuckR

• Global Moderator
  • Kingda Ka
  • RIP Chiller...
    • Facebook
« Reply #23 on: September 02, 2011, 09:44:17 AM »
Yeah, but now it's in the US and it's the tallest!

Offline chilled182

• Affiliate
  • Spinmeister
    • http://www.eastcoastcoasters.com
« Reply #24 on: September 09, 2011, 08:20:19 PM »

The drop floor in the water slides sounds neat - does anyone have more information on those from another park? B

Bubba is right, the drop boxes are the same from Clementon Park's Torpedo Rush.
http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=565261714551
(Video is linked on my facebook.. don't know if itll actually work but hey.. lets try!)

Its very simplistic, but the slide rocks.  You feel that anxiety feeling every time you ride. 

As for filling in the holes in fantasy.. I'm so glad they decided to do that.  I visited the park for the first time in 2 years last week.. and was so disappointed in what I saw.
www.eastcoastcoasters.com
It's an East Coast Thing!