Welcome, Guest

Latest 20 Shouts

Current Weather

SIX Stock

Author Topic: Corner of Chaos  (Read 4146 times)

Offline Coasterdude28

• Affiliate
  • Monkey Around
Corner of Chaos
« on: September 20, 2011, 10:11:16 PM »
http://cornerofchaos.com/

Anyone ever been? In the randomness that is my life, I saw a billboard for this place, looked it up online, saw that it was ten minutes from where I am living, and two hours later I was hired to be an actor. From the reviews and from what I saw today, this event looks awesome.

Has anyone been in previous years? What were your thoughts? I start on Friday...this is really so random, but that's what life's about, right? :)

Offline Bubba Z

• White Castle Fries only come in one size
  • Global Moderator
  • Nitro
    • http://www.freewebs.com/fredbean/index.htm
Re: Corner of Chaos
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2011, 02:09:12 AM »
That's cool. I think I saw the same billboard last year. I never got a chance to get around to it but I'm planning on getting there some time this season. My question to you is.... On the web site the calendar only lists a couple of dates. Maybe like six. Is this really only the time they will be open ?

Offline Coasterdude28

• Affiliate
  • Monkey Around
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2011, 05:51:12 AM »
I think what the calendar is showing is the special dates where they have extra events going on. They are open every Friday, Saturday, and Sunday starting this week with the sneak preview. $5 for each attraction this weekend, $13 normally.

They took me through the Barbaric Barnyard maze, and I can honestly say that it looks to be the best haunted house I've ever seen from design alone. It's very long with a ton of awesome elements. I'll be in the Wooded Wasteland attraction.

Offline Bubba Z

• White Castle Fries only come in one size
  • Global Moderator
  • Nitro
    • http://www.freewebs.com/fredbean/index.htm
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2011, 09:55:03 AM »
Very cool. I hope to get out that way!!

Offline Robert T Ackerman

• SPAGHETT!
  • Global Moderator
  • Green Lantern
  • "The Grammar Hammer!"
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2011, 12:35:57 PM »
One of my best friends - best friend - is co-owner of the place. She always tries to get me to go but our schedules always conflict.

Yeah, that sucks about Chiller...I hate to see it like that. Hey, so we should get a group picture or something ok. I'll call you later!

Offline Coasterdude28

• Affiliate
  • Monkey Around
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2011, 10:16:03 PM »
^Cool, do you know her name? I wonder if she is who I met yesterday.

Offline Coasterdude28

• Affiliate
  • Monkey Around
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2011, 05:53:09 PM »
The first weekend went pretty well. Great turnout on Friday. Saturday was rained out. Sunday was a little slow from what I could tell. I'm having a lot of fun with it so far though.

Here is my look. Part lizard, part man.

Offline WadeJ

• Administrator
  • Green Lantern
    • GadvOutpost
« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2011, 09:51:13 PM »
Very cool. Amazing how the weather can vary by so much. Bubba and I were @ Gadv FF on Sat and not a drop of rain!

Offline Coasterdude28

• Affiliate
  • Monkey Around
« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2011, 12:07:53 PM »
^Weather can be funny like that sometimes. It was literally like a monsoon here last Saturday, and fine a few miles away.

The haunt is really getting good. I am having a lot of fun with it, and scaring the living hell out of people. I am proud to say that last night I made two people pee, made a grown man cry, and had countless people scrambling away screaming. It's so much fun :)

Offline Coasterdude28

• Affiliate
  • Monkey Around
« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2011, 07:18:04 PM »
We are really picking up, and I could not be having more fun than I am! On Saturday we had 2,200 people come through. The atmosphere is really awesome and the scares are everywhere. If you are a haunt fan in the area, I suggest you get out and at least check out the Wooded Wasteland and the Barbaric Barnyard. You can pass up the other two if you want :)

I'm in the woods and will scare the hell out of you.

The only downside is that I haven't been able to get out to FrightFest, and don't think I'll have the chance this season.

« Last Edit: October 17, 2011, 08:04:51 PM by Coasterdude28 »

Offline WadeJ

• Administrator
  • Green Lantern
    • GadvOutpost
« Reply #10 on: October 17, 2011, 08:46:35 PM »
That's awesome.  I'm glad you are enjoying yourself.  To be honest, other than the rides, Fright Fest probably can't compete with where you are anyway :).