Welcome, Guest

Latest 20 Shouts

Current Weather

SIX Stock

Author Topic: Fright Fest adds FOUR new Attractions!  (Read 4688 times)

Offline WadeJ

• Administrator
  • Green Lantern
    • GadvOutpost
Fright Fest adds FOUR new Attractions!
« on: September 30, 2011, 12:39:31 PM »
ZOMBIES EMERGE OCT. 1 FOR 20th ANNIVERSARY OF SIX FLAGS GREAT ADVENTURE’S FRIGHT FEST

Four New Attractions Added to ‘Thrills by Day, Fright by Night’ Lineup

WHAT:           20th Annual Fright Fest - the largest Halloween party in the Northeast, with seasonally-themed rides, shows and attractions offering guests “thrills by day, fright by night” in addition to the park’s world-class lineup of thrill and family rides.

WHERE:         Six Flags Great Adventure, America’s largest regional theme park.  Jackson,

New Jersey - off exit 7A of the NJ Turnpike to I-195 East (exit 16A - Rt. 537 West). Or, take exit 98 off the Garden State Parkway (I-195 West) to exit 16. 

WHEN:           Weekends in October plus Columbus Day.  Saturdays from 10:30 a.m. to 11 p.m. beginning Oct. 1, Sundays from 10:30 a.m. to 10 p.m. beginning Oct. 2, Fridays from 5:30 to 11 p.m. beginning Oct. 7, plus Monday, Oct. 10 (Columbus Day)  from 10:30 a.m. to 8 p.m.  The drive–thru Six Flags Wild Safari animal park will operate from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturdays and Sundays in October plus Monday, Oct. 10.

DETAILS:       Two dozen Halloween-themed attractions including four new attractions: Doc Swan’s Magical Comedy show, Haunted Wagon Tales Ride, Demon Barber of Main Street show and Project XI—Mortuary Manor terror trail.  Plus, more flesh-hungry zombies will stalk the midways.

Returning “thrills by day” family-friendly favorites include Trick-or-Treat Trail, Mr. Six Spooktacular Street Party, Professor Slither’s Creepy Critters, Monster Mash Bash and more.

Returning “fright by night” features include The Awakening, Dead Man’s Party, Ghoulmaster’s Ghosts, Hypnosteria, Zambora, Demented Forest and more.

Offline jglonek

• Administrator
  • Kingda Ka
  • It's simple, we, uh, kill the Batman.
    • http://www.gadvoutpost.com
Re: Fright Fest adds FOUR new Attractions!
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2011, 03:38:38 PM »
Wha, Wait. Does that say HAYRIDE?

Offline Ogolo

• Rolling Thunder
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2011, 11:25:11 AM »
I believe it says Wagon Tales.

The up-charges for the walk through attractions is getting a bit ridiculous.
$7 for one attraction, $15 for three and $50 for a VIP pass.
After paying to get into the park this is kind of steep.
If you have a family...this is going to get expensive.

We got 1 free attraction last night and so I did the new Mortuary Manor attraction that is actually located where Balin's Jungleland used to be.
The most frightening part of Mortuary manor is the line that is located on the old walkway between Kingda Ka and El Toro.
It is so dark you can't see the line in front of you...and I can't imagine it with a rowdy Fright Fest crowd.
With a VIP pass you will miss out on that part.
It was Interesting to have the ground get squishy when you hit the old Balin's Jungleland play areas.
This was a technical rehearsal so maybe it will get better.

Offline WadeJ

• Administrator
  • Green Lantern
    • GadvOutpost
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2011, 12:53:37 PM »
Ironically, we absolutely loved that one Ken. Easily our favorite of the 4 major haunts.

The have you seen my son, have you seen my little dog ghoul was great and the book thrower was great to!

I'm guessing it wasn't in full operation when you saw it ;).

Offline Ogolo

• Rolling Thunder
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2011, 02:51:26 PM »
4 haunts.  What is the 4th?
I suppose you didn't have to wait in that line.  ;)
How was the rest of Fright Fest on a regular operating day?
Is there any noticeable difference from recent years.

Offline vinnyv07

« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2011, 07:08:55 PM »
The up-charges for the walk through attractions is getting a bit ridiculous.
$7 for one attraction, $15 for three and $50 for a VIP pass.
After paying to get into the park this is kind of steep.
If you have a family...this is going to get expensive.

Just go to Dorney Park if you live close enough. 30 bucks to walk in with 10 walk through areas. Tons of zombies in the walk throughs and way less lines. The Haunt at Dorney is where it is at. You will know what I am talking about once you are there and you look at the amount they give you vrs ga and all their upcharges. I love ga but I think they are way off base with all of their charges. $7 for a walkthrough when you are paying to get in already?

« Last Edit: October 02, 2011, 07:11:24 PM by vinnyv07 »

Offline coastermom

• Batman & Robin: The Chiller
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2011, 07:12:51 PM »
I'm just going to say that we went to Haunt at Dorney while I do not go into the Haunted areas there is NO UPCHARGE for any of the haunts . The upcharges at Six Flags are INSANE !! If we went with 5 people to pay at 7 bucks a haunt it would cost us 35 times 4 which is $140 bucks !! That is insane !! and that is after a group pays to get into the park !! Dorney has 10 free Haunts !!

Though the dance show Jamnation which is suppose to be PG 13 and Zombies coming to life was not half as good as Deadmans Party or the Ghoulmasters show !!

Offline rjholla2003

• Admini-what?!
  • Administrator
  • Kingda Ka
  • Ehh, What's Up Doc!
« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2011, 12:36:34 AM »
Ghoulmaster's Ghost is AMAZING once again, AND it is actually an ALL NEW show! This year's version has more of a storyline and is less Michael Jackson heavy. I was hoping that this year that it would feature more of a storyline, but I was pleasantly surprised when they not only did that, but went into backstories of the characters as well. And the special effects and illusions...well...you just have to see them.
Peep the concept, you've got progress, you've got congress
We protest in hopes they confess, just proceed on your conquest
I ain't got no gavel, I ain't finna fight nobody battle
I just wanna be free, I ain't finna be nobody's chattel

Offline Steve

• Administrator
  • El Toro
« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2011, 08:04:28 AM »
Everyone from Six Flags should go to Universal for HHN. Then they can see how it's supposed to be done.

Offline AV Matt

• Kingda Ka
  • I'm the guy that looks like me.
    • Coaster-Count.com
« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2011, 12:53:44 PM »
Or just go to Dorney.

Offline ChuckR

• Would you just look at it?
  • Global Moderator
  • Kingda Ka
  • RIP Chiller...
    • Facebook
« Reply #10 on: October 10, 2011, 11:19:46 AM »
So has anyone been to Fright Fest yet? I'm curious if they actually themed the rides like they said they were going to in the website.

Offline Ogolo

• Rolling Thunder
« Reply #11 on: October 12, 2011, 04:53:06 PM »
If you consider a few cob webs themeing.
Nothing as spectacular as mentioned.

Twister's exit a Knoebels is much, much better!

Offline 587coasterfan89

• Balin's Jungleland
« Reply #12 on: November 05, 2011, 11:06:16 PM »
Fright Fest was not bad this year, but Dorney is better! The up charge for the trails is stupid, and Six Flags should really consider droping that whole thing. Also, I wish Six Flags would theme their trails better. I went through Demented Forest and it was nothing like I thought it was gonna be. It was being advertised as a "fantasy gone wrong". I was expecting twisted versions of characters from Alice in Wonderland, Wizard of Oz, and other fairytales.

I think "Escape From The Asylum" should be themed to Arkham Asylum from Batman. That would be scary and totally wicked at the same time. Joker should take control of the asylum and release all the inmates. Be even cooler if it was based off the video game Batman: Arkham Asylum! That would be so cool to see Joker, Harley Quinn, Scarecrow, Killer Croc, Bane, The Mad Hatter, Poison Ive, and The Riddler all in the same trail! Batman's mission is to get you out alive. And of course bring back some regular inmates just for asylum effect.