Welcome, Guest

Latest 20 Shouts

Current Weather

SIX Stock

Author Topic: Off Season Photos  (Read 1756 times)

Offline Ogolo

• Rolling Thunder
Off Season Photos
« on: January 11, 2012, 09:41:27 PM »
There are some neat pictures of the guts of the El Toro trains on the SFGAdv Facebook page.
Link to Photos

I wonder what the standard off season maintenance process is.
Surprised to see they didn't take advantage of the unusual warm weather and get more work done in the park.

Offline kingdakafan

• Movietown Water Effect
Re: Off Season Photos
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2012, 07:29:02 PM »
 I laugh every time i read the gp's comments

Intamin rhymes with win for a reason!

Offline WadeJ

• Administrator
  • Green Lantern
    • GadvOutpost
Re: Off Season Photos
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2012, 02:26:02 PM »
There are some neat pictures of the guts of the El Toro trains on the SFGAdv Facebook page.
Link to Photos

I wonder what the standard off season maintenance process is.
Surprised to see they didn't take advantage of the unusual warm weather and get more work done in the park.

I believe they have strict schedules and guidelines that they can't really deviate from due to the unions.  I could be wrong but this has been one of the underlying issues with getting some of the rides open for a Christmas in the Park sort of thing.  Or at least that was the word going around.

With that said, it makes me cringe when I see them leaving things out in the weather all winter long.  Especially with the number of places they have that they could work in.  At the very least, throw a tarp over them?

I understand the fiberglass shells and steel frames can withstand mothernature and all but it still can't be good to have them covered in snow for a month like they did last Winter.