Welcome, Guest

Latest 20 Shouts

Current Weather

SIX Stock

Author Topic: Current Park Rumors  (Read 3596 times)

Offline jglonek

• Administrator
  • Kingda Ka
  • It's simple, we, uh, kill the Batman.
    • http://www.gadvoutpost.com
Current Park Rumors
« on: January 16, 2012, 06:48:20 PM »
I thought I'd go over all the news and rumors about the park that have come out the past few months to try and get a fun discussion going. Let's see how this goes :)

The big new rumor today according to Screamscape is that Bizarro will be put into a ride rotation program so that we can get a new B&M X-Flight or Wing Coaster. Say what?! I'm not sure how true this is, I've heard other places for a new coaster to go as well (along the Lakefront, etc). Bizarro isn't bad, and I would be sad if it left. Especially if management's idea was "well, we have two almost-identical coasters [Green Lantern] now, let's get rid of the older one!" Sigh

Also according to Screamscape, the part of Fantasy Forest to the right of the fountain is going to become Adventure Alley (really? what a name..). This is where the SkyScreamer will go in, as well as the flying elephants and Scrambler ride. Great Adventure History has more information and a photo of where things are probably going.

Also apparently the Bumper Cars will re-open, as well as possibly a new show in the Batman theater! Of course, the "shows" the past few seasons haven't been so great..

Chiller is for sale. Hopefully this means it won't rust much longer!

Offline Ogolo

• Rolling Thunder
Re: Current Park Rumors
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2012, 07:05:42 AM »
Sad news indeed.
I find Bizzaro a much more enjoyable ride than the GL.
They should count Chiller as our ride rotation and keep both.

Hopefully this means they have something nice planned for the big 40.

Offline kingdakafan

• Movietown Water Effect
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2012, 09:16:40 AM »
WHATTTTTTTTTTTT?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!? NO NO NO NO NO!!!!! they cant do that!! i dont care how cool the wingriders are bizarro stays!!!! That was the first ride i ever operated and personally have a connection to. plus bizarro is the original floorless. nope its staying i wont allow it to leave! thell have to pry me off the supports before it goes anywhere!!!

Intamin rhymes with win for a reason!

Offline PcMan

• Kingda Ka
  • Yo
    • techhi.net
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2012, 10:36:27 AM »
Im ok with this
was never a big Medusa fan (not a big loop fan)
As mentioned the park has pretty much 3 of the same "type" coasters with Lantern,Superman and Medusa

I like a new ride something different to bring some excitement to the park
this should have been done instead of the "Bizarro makeover" years ago.

Would still love a Mega-Lite Coaster in this area or a Small Wooden Twister
as mentioned put one near the lake

« Last Edit: January 17, 2012, 10:44:19 AM by PcMan »
Yo

Offline AV Matt

• Kingda Ka
  • I'm the guy that looks like me.
    • Coaster-Count.com
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2012, 12:55:32 PM »
Imagine waiting for El Toro with half the capacity it has now. That's what a Mega-lite would be like at Great Adventure. Actually as much as I don't drink the El Toro Kool-Aid, it's vastly better than a Mega-lite.

Offline Millennium Force 44

• Rolling Thunder
  • Coaster King
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2012, 08:44:55 PM »
I read this on Screamscape and was thinking there is no way this is true.

First of all, I am sure that most people agree that Green Lantern is not very fun and Bizarro is a way more enjoyable ride. If the park NOW sees that the two coasters are so similar and are going to boot the older (but better) one, I am speechless. I hope this rumor is not in fact true because it really upsets me.

In addition, what is so great about doing ride rotations? Yes, the parks can market a brand new ride without having to purchase a brand new ride, but other than that, I find it worthless. Six Flags parks will never have any history or nostalgia if they keep rotating rides. In 20+ years Bizarro will be a remarkable landmark in the park as the world's first floorless coaster. This will never happen with ANY ride if Six Flags just shuffles them between parks. One reason smaller, family owned parks, and even some Cedar Fair parks are so much better is because they have a history to them that is present throughout the park.

Offline B-mac

• Nitro
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2012, 08:52:39 PM »
Shoe, Six Flags has the business logic of Money > History.

I talked about this on another forum and they brought up the same reasoning as you did. They didn't understand why Six Flags was killing to rotate rides so much. If you ask me Great Adventure should choke up on their "pride" of fixing the park back up again, keep Medusa, get rid of Superman and replace it with a nice Boardwalk style wooden coaster. Either that or place it on the lakeside by Nitro, would really make for a nice unique ride.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2012, 08:55:55 PM by B-mac »

• Rolling Thunder
  • Coaster King
« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2012, 10:11:53 PM »
^Yeah I know. The company side of Six Flags just really pissed me off lol.

Offline Robert T Ackerman

• SPAGHETT!
  • Global Moderator
  • Green Lantern
  • "The Grammar Hammer!"
« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2012, 10:15:52 PM »
I've been hearing the Wing Coaster rumor, but for a different area of the park. Things change though (i.e. - Superman)

Yeah, that sucks about Chiller...I hate to see it like that. Hey, so we should get a group picture or something ok. I'll call you later!

• Rolling Thunder
  • Coaster King
« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2012, 10:19:08 PM »
oh yeah, forgot to mention that this makes even less sense since Six Flags invested a ton of money only 3 or 4 years ago into Bizarro. Makes no sense.

Offline Robert T Ackerman

• SPAGHETT!
  • Global Moderator
  • Green Lantern
  • "The Grammar Hammer!"
« Reply #10 on: January 17, 2012, 10:24:53 PM »
^ a ton of money all wasted, in my eyes at least. It wasn't broken, no need to fix it. Now all the stuff they added doesn't work.

Yeah, that sucks about Chiller...I hate to see it like that. Hey, so we should get a group picture or something ok. I'll call you later!

Offline AV Matt

• Kingda Ka
  • I'm the guy that looks like me.
    • Coaster-Count.com
« Reply #11 on: January 18, 2012, 12:34:06 AM »
Just like the other Bizarro!

Offline ChuckR

• Would you just look at it?
  • Global Moderator
  • Kingda Ka
  • RIP Chiller...
    • Facebook
« Reply #12 on: January 18, 2012, 11:04:17 AM »
Bizzarro number 1!

Offline PcMan

• Kingda Ka
  • Yo
    • techhi.net
« Reply #13 on: January 18, 2012, 05:39:17 PM »
get rid of Superman and replace it with a nice Boardwalk style wooden coaster. Either that or place it on the lakeside by Nitro, would really make for a nice unique ride.

Whats a boardwalk without a Wooden Coaster
Yo

Offline rjholla2003

• Admini-what?!
  • Administrator
  • Kingda Ka
  • Ehh, What's Up Doc!
« Reply #14 on: January 19, 2012, 11:45:51 PM »
I need a +1 button for several of these posts. I really hope that this rumor doesn't pan out because it see it as highly illogical. I understand that its ridership was down (hence the Bizarro transformation), but I feel like that's more of a symptom of the lack of flat rides to keep people in the area versus Medusa/Bizarro being bad. It's such a hike to get to, and it's the only thing there.
Peep the concept, you've got progress, you've got congress
We protest in hopes they confess, just proceed on your conquest
I ain't got no gavel, I ain't finna fight nobody battle
I just wanna be free, I ain't finna be nobody's chattel