Welcome, Guest

Latest 20 Shouts

Current Weather

SIX Stock

Author Topic: SkyScreamer Season Passholder Exclusive Ride Time!  (Read 2541 times)

Offline jglonek

• Administrator
  • Kingda Ka
  • It's simple, we, uh, kill the Batman.
    • http://www.gadvoutpost.com
SkyScreamer Season Passholder Exclusive Ride Time!
« on: May 03, 2012, 07:15:02 PM »
As posted on the park's Facebook: SkyScreamer Passholder Event!

Special event from May 17-20 allows Pass Holders to ride first

Six Flags Great Adventure brings thrill seekers a brand new way to soar above the clouds. Debuting May 23, SkyScreamer is preparing to send riders to new heights, 24 stories above the ground.

This double-seated swing ride represents the latest sensation in theme park tower rides. Climb to the top of the tower while swinging as wide as 98 feet around. Top out at speeds of 40 mph while enjoying a bird’s eye view of the entire Six Flags Great Adventure theme park. And be sure to revisit the attraction in the evening, where SkyScreamer will light up the sky providing breathtaking experiences and views for our Six Flags guests.

The excitement comes even earlier for Season Pass Holders from May 17 - 20 when only they will get an exclusive preview of this brand new attraction. SkyScreamer is just one element of the newly-themed Adventure Alley section of the park: with the addition of the Déjà Vu scrambler, the return of the Air Jumbo flying elephants, and Fender Bender bumper cars (opens in June), Adventure Alley has something for the entire family to enjoy.

Visit the Thrill Rides section of our website for a first look video of SkyScreamer along with views of all our other iconic Six Flags Great Adventure attractions. Pick up your 2012 Season Pass or daily ticket today and get ready to experience the newest, most thrilling way to view the New Jersey skyline.

Offline Robert T Ackerman

• SPAGHETT!
  • Global Moderator
  • Green Lantern
  • "The Grammar Hammer!"
Re: SkyScreamer Season Passholder Exclusive Ride Time!
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2012, 07:25:53 PM »
GADV passes only or Any SF pass?

Yeah, that sucks about Chiller...I hate to see it like that. Hey, so we should get a group picture or something ok. I'll call you later!

Offline Ogolo

• Rolling Thunder
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2012, 09:02:27 PM »
Season Passes don't say GADV on them this year.
So I don't know how they could tell.
They don't even have the year...
I bet you'll see the same design next year.

Offline Blackhand1001

• Global Moderator
  • Houdini's Great Escape
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2012, 10:55:32 PM »
Season Passes don't say GADV on them this year.
So I don't know how they could tell.
They don't even have the year...
I bet you'll see the same design next year.

Thats good, That takes care of the parking crap they pulled last year with the season parking only being good at one park.

Offline coastersue

• Spinmeister
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2012, 09:42:05 AM »
Thats good, That takes care of the parking crap they pulled last year with the season parking only being good at one park.

Not necessarily.  It depends on if the park you're visiting scans the pass at the parking booths.

Offline Blackhand1001

• Global Moderator
  • Houdini's Great Escape
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2012, 03:26:46 PM »

Not necessarily.  It depends on if the park you're visiting scans the pass at the parking booths.
I've never seen them do that.

Offline B-mac

• Nitro
« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2012, 02:29:47 PM »
They just look at it and hand it back to you from my experience

Offline coastersue

• Spinmeister
« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2012, 10:30:28 AM »
They definitely scan them at some parks because I know people who have had their parking rejected.  I believe SF Magic Mountain is one of them.

Offline WadeJ

• Administrator
  • Green Lantern
    • GadvOutpost
« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2012, 11:06:01 AM »
Parking is still only good at the park you purchased the pass.  However, there are some parks that have not yet upgraded to the scanners that verify so assuminig you have the word "parking" on your pass, they will wave you right in if they don't have the scanners.

Sue, I visited both Discovery Kingdom and Magic Mountain last year.  SFDK rejected my pass (they scanned it) and SFMM said thank you and have a Six Flags day and waved me through.

I didn't have any issues at Great America either so I'll be curious to hear what others report back this season with the changes they made to the passes.

Rob, I'd say go for it.  In the past these type of events (including CAD) have been open to any season pass holder.  If they give you crap, go to GR and complain because they didn't specifically say in the ad.  I'd be shocked if they didn't let you on it.

Offline Blackhand1001

• Global Moderator
  • Houdini's Great Escape
« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2012, 05:49:23 PM »
Did they really raise it to 55 dollars and 20 dollars a day just looked on their site. I got it for 16 dollars, season parking, from my college but still, that's  a ridiculous price and even more ridiculous that its not good at another park. They are burning bridges with customers here. I really try to defend the park and chain when I can but this is out of hand.  I really hope they change this in the near future as it really comes off poorly to the visitors.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2012, 06:00:38 PM by Blackhand1001 »