Welcome, Guest

Latest 20 Shouts

Current Weather

SIX Stock

Author Topic: Coastin By The Ocean 2012 ROLL CALL  (Read 3690 times)

Offline Robert T Ackerman

• SPAGHETT!
  • Global Moderator
  • Green Lantern
  • "The Grammar Hammer!"
Coastin By The Ocean 2012 ROLL CALL
« on: July 03, 2012, 06:11:08 PM »
It's happening and I'm surprised Tom hasn't started this thread, updating us regularly. Who all is planning on going? We are staying at the "new Boardwalk Bungalow right by the boardwalk. I'll be down Friday afternoon to start enjoying my last weekend of unemployment. You really can't beat the price of this event vs. visiting on a regular operating day (2 days for the price of one plus ERT/food/free up charge attractions)

https://store.moreyspiers.com/coastermsg.aspx

« Last Edit: July 05, 2012, 11:50:51 AM by Frissbeking »

Yeah, that sucks about Chiller...I hate to see it like that. Hey, so we should get a group picture or something ok. I'll call you later!

Offline B-mac

• Nitro
Re: Coastin By The Ocean 2012
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2012, 01:13:14 AM »
sadly I went last week :(. Still using the same tickets that my mom bought like 9 years ago, and there's still plenty to go through. I'll be honest when I get the money and the ability to, this will probably be one of the first enthusiast events I go to.

• SPAGHETT!
  • Global Moderator
  • Green Lantern
  • "The Grammar Hammer!"
Re: Coastin By The Ocean 2012
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2012, 09:55:19 AM »
I went last week too. That's no excuse!

Yeah, that sucks about Chiller...I hate to see it like that. Hey, so we should get a group picture or something ok. I'll call you later!

• SPAGHETT!
  • Global Moderator
  • Green Lantern
  • "The Grammar Hammer!"
Re: Coastin By The Ocean 2012 ROLL CALL
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2012, 11:51:05 AM »
1.) Frissbeking

Offline WadeJ

• Administrator
  • Green Lantern
    • GadvOutpost
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2012, 10:53:01 AM »
We just had a 4 day vaca in wildwood so I won't be making it. Next year our 2nd oldest should be tall enough for everything so that might help justify this as a separate trip :). For now, I'd feel bad doing that to him.

Btw, whatever you do, DO NOT stay at the Kings Inn. Besides being a complete dump (knew that ahead of time but friends were staying there to), they allowed me to experience easily without a doubt the worst possible customer service in all of my travels. Ever. They don't deserve a dime of your money!

Offline PcMan

• Kingda Ka
  • Yo
    • techhi.net
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2012, 01:03:19 PM »
1.) Frissbeking
2.) Me

LOL  been a awhile since I been on the site
we had a great time  ;D

FYI
you guys have to stay over till Monday - its just easier and more time to relax and ride no rush
then on the beach till 5pm Monday
we had are last ride at 12am Monday AM riding the Carasel when it hit midnight the girl even turned off the power,left and just left us on the ride LOL
wristbands are good all weekend
also used my last Jumbos coupon at 11:30pm Sunday night

I would like to do Fri - Monday nest year but cost and work
we averaged $130 per person 4 to a room for EVERYTHING room,event and all that gos with the event Food etc.
and with the Motel just a few steps away.
not bad since the Spring Shot itself is $30 per person and we had ERT on it
best deal anywhere
Yo

Offline WadeJ

• Administrator
  • Green Lantern
    • GadvOutpost
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2012, 01:18:40 PM »
Anybody else witness unusual crowd issues while at the event?  Not really on the piers but on the boards and surrounding side streets?  We've been going to WW for basically ever and something this year seemed rather off.  WW always had more of crazy vibe than say Ocean City but there were quite a few times over the weekend we stayed where our entire family was seriously uncomfortable.  We also saw countless situations with the police and plenty of wannabe "gangstas" that were just there to cause trouble.  It's possible this was just a one time bad luck kind of thing.  Regardless, we still had a great time and the Morey group is doing a GREAT job.  Btw - the new speed slides ROCK!

Offline AV Matt

• Kingda Ka
  • I'm the guy that looks like me.
    • Coaster-Count.com
« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2012, 08:04:31 PM »
Actually the weekend of the event seemed rather average crowd-wise to me. The lines at the waterpark during the day weren't too bad, and the piers didn't get crazy crowded at night, nor did the boardwalk. Traffic into and out of the city wasn't bad either Friday night or Sunday afternoon.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2012, 10:39:43 PM by Frissbeking »

• SPAGHETT!
  • Global Moderator
  • Green Lantern
  • "The Grammar Hammer!"
« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2012, 10:47:41 PM »
Everyone I talked to that is "local" said they busy days were Wednesday and Thursday.

Offline PcMan

• Kingda Ka
  • Yo
    • techhi.net
« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2012, 09:26:46 PM »
yes even Saturday Night sitting on the sundeck from 1-3+am there was no one on the streets
I think everyone was inside due to the 100 degree heat that day.
Sunday night was actually more "active"

back in June 7th  I stayed in the Crest for the weekend and we found the same type of people you talked about Wade
I think it must have been a "school thing" or prom/lst days of school weekend ?

we will be back down in a few weeks for a long weekend with family.
I still have my tarmcar book of tickets from last years Coastin I have to use
Yo