Welcome, Guest

Latest 20 Shouts

Current Weather

SIX Stock

Author Topic: Group sees goose killed by Great Adventure ride  (Read 2238 times)

Offline WadeJ

• Administrator
  • Green Lantern
    • GadvOutpost
Group sees goose killed by Great Adventure ride
« on: July 16, 2012, 02:18:42 PM »
Not something I'd really want my kids to witness.  Probably not the publicity they were looking for either :(.

From the Asbury Park Press:

JACKSON — Nicole Cora was horrified Sunday when she saw a goose pulled between two conveyor belts of a ride at Six Flags Great Adventure.

Cora, 26, of Southington, Conn., was waiting in line with a friend to ride Congo Rapids when the goose landed on the ride’s sloped conveyor belt, which pulls seated rafts up to a loading dock.
Operators stopped the belt and tried to scare the bird away, but it would not move, she said. They restarted the belt to try and scare the bird, but it remained, she said.
Six Flags staff failed to turn off the belt before the goose was pulled between the ride’s two conveyer belts, she said.

read the entire article here - http://www.app.com/article/20120715/NJNEWS/307150084/Group-sees-goose-killed-by-Great-Adventure-ride?nclick_check=1

Offline rjholla2003

• Admini-what?!
  • Administrator
  • Kingda Ka
  • Ehh, What's Up Doc!
Re: Group sees goose killed by Great Adventure ride
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2012, 08:14:10 PM »
I'm just happy that most commenters on the internet (read: anywhere that wasn't an animal rights blog) seemed to understand that it was terrible, but unfortunately people come first. They don't have long to try and get a goose off of the conveyor belt before causing a very dangerous backup of boats. If you're waving at the bird and trying to shoo it off, short of putting yourself in extreme danger and climbing on the belt yourself, there's nothing else you can do. :-/
Peep the concept, you've got progress, you've got congress
We protest in hopes they confess, just proceed on your conquest
I ain't got no gavel, I ain't finna fight nobody battle
I just wanna be free, I ain't finna be nobody's chattel

Offline B-mac

• Nitro
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2012, 11:49:37 PM »
Reminds me of a more dangerous version of the squirrels and cats that stray out into baseball games, shut down the game and have 15-20 grounds crew running around like idiots trying to catch them.

Offline coastermom

• Batman & Robin: The Chiller
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2012, 11:25:59 AM »
I hate to sound mean but what do these people expect ? It was a goose .. I for one would rather have the goose get killed then have to worry about children ( who are rather small to ride Congo Rapids ) try to climb out of that raft and on to a rope to be taken off the ride ! or anyother person for that matter !  There are thousands of geese all around the area the park is built by a lake . I just don't understand what people are thinking yes it was a horrible thing to see I am sure but human lives are way more important ! 

Offline jglonek

• Administrator
  • Kingda Ka
  • It's simple, we, uh, kill the Batman.
    • http://www.gadvoutpost.com
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2012, 04:42:42 PM »
I have to agree. Granted it's not really something anyone should watch, especially kids, but this is the same state that oils up Goose eggs every year because there are too many of them.

Offline B-mac

• Nitro
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2012, 07:58:48 PM »
If you ask me there are way more seagulls in new jersey than geese. It would all be fixed if alka-seltzer was allowed on the boardwalks.